• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yall please don't kill roleplaying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm concerned about a problem called roleplaying. The Hive made this thread to get people more intrested in roleplaying. Everyday hundreds of people around the world get on battle net and host rps (me one of them). Roleplaying is dieing everyone has known that for awhile they blam it on Halo 3, WoW, DOTA(kinda sucks anyway). Sure they are sweet games and im not saying *DO NOT PLAY THEM* but if you play them don't forget about the game you loved when they were just a *OHH SWEET ITS COMING OUT*. You guys are killing roleplaying they arn't you are.

Level 7
Roleplaying is actually growing between the two most popular East RP clans;

Clan OotR
Clan RPR

Also, there are many new RPs springing up

(Path of Ashes; a futuristic RP made by Childering [ Chamion ]
(LoDRP; an RP made by IronHand, Freedumb, and Chamion
(URP; an RP made by DaFranker, skyeline, and Ressah

Level 8
Personally, I love RPs, Its a dying race...I was around when the first RP came out, Advanced RP made by Miyog, goooooood times...Ill support the cause! Only because my Retar'dorei love RPs. And Lord Retardael gave his life to fight for the sake of RPs.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I would appreciate that certain opinions are kept from this forum.
I do not understand what's so wrong with Warcraft III roleplaying, but I do understand why it's not growing (if not dying, just to say I'm not being pessimist), which is, between other reasons, because nobody is willing to do anything to save it.
And I don't necessarily mean locking themselves on private RPs, but rather creating masses of forums, which take the RP Communities to split up. I admit I have short memory, but I could still quote some comments about the Hive if you give me 1 minute.
As for private RPs, I understand the concept of roleplaying a theme... now, going on a private RP with no theme kinda bugs me... but whatever.
The main problem is that people for some reason fear/dislike forums. I don't spot any large difference.

Level 26
The main problem is that people for some reason fear/dislike forums. I don't spot any large difference.
Well, sometimes, it's hard to partake in both a slow, browser-based community, and a busy game-based community.
Maps have... A lot of limitations
It has its pros and it has its cons. It combines elements of RPG-based RPs and Forum-based RPs.

Last edited:
Level 13
I (was) the shaman of RPR . See the chief had computer problems so I kept it alive by recruiting members all summer :smile: and hosting private rps.

Btw, Urp has been in the making for 2 years (I believe). I know the old terrainer Ressah but hes been busy and now we have a new one. I have the latest version I think and its going well. It has the biggest terrain so far out of all the rp maps on wc3.
Hrm RPR had 93 members but we cleaned up and now have 60 something that are all active.

Level 26
RPs combine the vast amounts of possibilities in a forum based RP with the more visual styling of an RPG based RP, getting a few pros and cons from both. I don't RP anymore on wc3, because

1. I barely play any more on wc3 to begin with
2. I don't have any rp maps to host and
3. I never see any public rps. Also,
4. I don't know any RP clans and considering I'm renewing my account after a long period of wc3 fasting, I have no friends (other than Massive), nonetheless RPing friends.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I (was) the shaman of RPR . See the chief had computer problems so I kept it alive by recruiting members all summer :smile: and hosting private rps.

Btw, Urp has been in the making for 2 years (I believe). I know the old terrainer Ressah but hes been busy and now we have a new one. I have the latest version I think and its going well. It has the biggest terrain so far out of all the rp maps on wc3.
Hrm RPR had 93 members but we cleaned up and now have 60 something that are all active.
Then it would be good if you could lure those roleplayers here. I am sure not even 1/10 of them will come, but try it, anyway.

Level 13
Roleplaying is actually growing between the two most popular East RP clans;

Clan OotR
Clan RPR

Also, there are many new RPs springing up

(Path of Ashes; a futuristic RP made by Childering [ Chamion ]
(LoDRP; an RP made by IronHand, Freedumb, and Chamion
(URP; an RP made by DaFranker, skyeline, and Ressah

Wait a second, you do you know about this?

Level 1
Time... Problem of all RPers...
By the way time has changed too much 2 years ago finding RPers on Northrend (Europe) wasn't hard (good o'l times) and now... you can wait for 10 mins and...
Ehhh... :slp:

Level 34
Just discovered this little thread and RPs to me are serious business too you know. RPing is a dying word/game/thing at Bnet, people keep playing Dota, Dota, Dota, Dota AND MORE DOTA. Dota sucks, it must die today or the day after.

The problem now with RPclans are actually the inactive f*ckers who don't come on since they got secretly a other account to play Dota or something or they just stepped to GW/WoW.

And also: Many people confuse the ERPing (Expanded Roleplaying) with the normal RPing, ERP is like AoDRP, Cotmrp, AoMRP, HRP like those. And RP are like loap or parasite anything that's RPable. So people claim to be pro's in RP but they suck in the ERPing. That's a problem. So we need to try to get more people into (E)RPing and erh that was it.

Level 34
So that explains the massive losses at the Roleplaying part of Bnet...
Boys, grab the axe, we've got ourselves a criminal. THIS.. IS.. ROLEPLAYAAAAAAAAAAAA! ''Leads his 300 best RPers to Gath_Stormer's house''
And don't think I'm spamming, because this is.. THREADRPING!

Level 34
A thousand clans of the Roleplay Empire, descend upon you!
Or
Our games will blot out the sun.

We must get ourselves our own vid like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGpMWAOAu2U

DOTAbanning.jpg

Level 8
Kaitech[SanD];374628 said:
RP is dying because of the following:

1) It gets boring after a while
2) I used to host RPs and EVERY GAME I had someone ruin it
3) Nobody makes RP maps anymore

Yeah, atleast 3 people ruin my rps. They always ignore me in the rp, then I threaten them that I'll leave, and they say NO DONT GO! But even after that, they still ignore my rp.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Do you still believe DotA is the problem? DotA is the reason many people play Warcraft III, or STILL play it. No DotA would mean another percentage of Battle.Net leaving.

What needs to be done is probably a new RP map, but overall, we need to teach more roleplayers.

Level 26
Indeed. The public RP population is getting rather elitist, but then again, RPs are hard things to teach. People should host stuff like "Learn how to RP here" or some shit like that, or at least take the time to teach noobs, because they're not going to learn any other way.

Level 17
i saw this while googling and i thought i might tell you that im making an rp map too RARP (Revolutionary Age Role Play).

RARP (Revolutionary Age Role Play) is a new RP series being developed with a few new custom units with custom models, the triggers slightly adjusted for better preformance AND most importantly completly new terrain. The terrain is NOT an edit of HRP, it is being built up from scratch.

It is currently ALMOST complete, it is going to be released in around 7 days (next wed)

View its progress and the official website Here

not much on new triggers (except for the fact that i fixed what i found out was a bugged addstat) but the terrain is quiet nice. And some custom model eye candy to keep easily impressed people playing XD.

And umm... sorry for advertising and i think thread revival but i have a good reason. Lawl add me to the list. btw whats Lodrp? I have URP. But not Lodrp.

Level 14
Cool a new rp map is always something to look foward to. I will look into it. And please make sure the commands arnt so damn complicatied. and i dont remember saying Lodrp and is URP out already?

Level 17
Im adding my own terrain editing commands. The terrain changer will be remade but it has the same command as the one in castles and AoDRP to avoid confusion (terrain 1 cobble for example[because i also cant think of a better command name XD]), but im not really sure if its triggered the same way. Ill also add the ability to raise and lower terrain. But the host has to turn both on.

Also, just wondering. What kind of terrain do you guys want to see available so you can change? (Terrain available in terrain changer)

Im adding a few:

Cobble
Ashenville - LumpyGrass
Village - Rocks
Dirt
Rough Dirt (Cityscape)
Sand - Ruins

if you want another one added, or something that you want added in an rp. Please go to the forums. Im choosing moderators right now, but we need more people there. Join the RARP forums, adding your ideas to the RP!

Last edited:
Level 5
If you want to have good rps, you should schedule a time (or do one straight up) and private rp with your friends or post on a forum and plan times to have privates.

Level 5
I asked around to significant RPers on Bnet and they said RPFL was not significant nor skilled, RPR was dead, but OotR was pretty good.

But perhaps I misunderstand... Which server are you on? I'm on USEAST and I had never heard of the former two (RPFL and RPR) though I had heard vaguely of OotR.

Anyway, prove me wrong, whisper me some time during the day (I try to be on fairly often) and we'll play, I can host.

Level 34
One word: Northrend.

And RPFL is a bit in a critical state, we just had a hacker assault.
Silver_warrior9 is a very assholic shaman, 2fast2 almost killed RPFL, he's shaman too. And I'm still the freaking normal shaman who wants things straight. Ow, Happysas (not full name) is ok too. I can't trust any outsiders these days now, not till I report Frosted. to the Blizzard Tech Support (on USWest).

And strangly enough, my RPing mood is getting lower by the days, I'm actually getting more interrested by playing Parasite (2).

Level 34
To be honest, well, they calling you a ass these days, Rui. You never show up, that makes people disappointed. And I only would invite trusted people or people I know into RPFL. Can't trust anyone these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.