• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Xar'aysia: collapse of Kanarac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Okay well I tried it out in the editor. I have some results:

1. Evasion does not stack (at least I couldn't make it stack). You can have unit with 4 different evasion spells with each of 25% of chance to evade. However the unit will still have 25% evasion chance.
However if have an unit who has Evasion with 25% and you add another Evasion with 60% Evasion chance the unit's chance to evade an attack is then 60%.

2. Hardened skin does not stack. You can have multiple Hardened Skin abilities with chance of 50% to Reduce the damage yet the damage will be reduced in 50% of the cases.
However if an unit has a Hardened Skin with 25% chance to reduce the damage and you add another Hardened Skin with 60% chance to reduce the damage the new chance to reduce the damage will be 60%.

So they both work exactly the same way. The highest percent will always dominate (it seems). Correct me if I am wrong.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

@Arad MNK, Okay lets celebrate
@Remixer, Thanks for informing me of this. Now I will have to do something with CSS and brush up on some JASS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Thanks for informing me of this remixer, and now I dip my feet into Jass waters.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Why do you have to use stacks ? Why not simply using ability levels ? Should work at least for evasion.

Level 12
Why do you have to use stacks ? Why not simply using ability levels ? Should work at least for evasion.

Basically this. I had an idea that I never ended up going with (but I may do it at some point) where magic resistance will work the exact same as armour, just the value is hidden. Items would give +3 magic resistance the same as +3 armour, except it would just level up the magic resistance hidden ability by 3 (and reduce it by 3 when you lose the item).

You can do quite a bit with it, but it can be dangerous with how many levels it has to load (it can be slow).

It could also get complicated with hardened skin since it can have different block values.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

@SAUS Yes, it would slow down loading speed a lot, depending on how many levels it has. Tho, I think it is the best solution, as it is a single player campaign.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
You didn't mention:

Hardened skin + Evasion = x

Tell me what's x.

Example:

30% Hardened skin + 40% Evasion = 70% ?

Hardened Skin and Evasion are completely different abilities.

Hardened Skin offers a chance to partially block incoming damage.
Evasion offers a chance to completely block incoming attack including its on-hit effects such as slow or bash.

When unit has 30% chance of activating Hardened Skin and 40% chance to evade an attack 30% of the incoming attacks are completely evaded. 40% of the attacks that are not evaded have reduced attack damage for the Hardened Skin.

So "30% Hardened skin + 40% Evasion" = Unit with 40% Evasion and 30% Hardened Skin.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Ability with levels.
Something I hate when it comes to use it this way.
If there's any way to do it without loading issues, then I will do it (even if it's the devilspawn Jass).
I don't want the player to compromise with anything.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Tho it would be easier than learning Jass. You simply have to learn how to use a hidden spell book containing abilities and that's it, then you can level the abilities if the hero levels up and tada, problem solved.

Level 12
Ability with levels... Something I hate when it comes to use it this way.... If theres any way to do it without loading problems then I will surely do it (even if its Jass). I dont want the player to compromise on anything....

This would all be doable with damage detection. Without having used JASS at all, it may be a bunch of work. Overall, though, learning JASS is a worthwhile investment since it can make your triggers run faster and you ultimately have more control over everything.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

This would all be doable with damage detection. Without having used JASS at all, it may be a bunch of work. Overall, though, learning JASS is a worthwhile investment since it can make your triggers run faster and you ultimately have more control over everything.
But that would cause a lot of delay in the campaign's progress.
I don't see any other option, so this was my call.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Good progress.
I've added a lot of new systems, and the Boss AI is much smoother!

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I don't have a lot of free time right now :(
I'm trying to skip as many days of school as possible but this campaign is too big a commitment.
I gave learning neural networks a go, but the math is a bit difficult, and I don't know how to train a script for a WE character.
I've finally settled on a regular condition-coverage AI.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

After a long time pause, this campaign going on once again.
Major update with systems:

Systems of Kanarac:

1. Luck
2. Might
3. Spells deck
4. Dexerity
5. More custom stats
6. Dig System

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
If you could do something with the story test that would be great. It somehow feels hard to read for some reason. Using a bigger size adding an brighter color might help.

edit: copy pasted it into notepad so I could read it. Overall I think using more commas would be very helpful, this should be rather easy for you to add.
But I am overall very pleased with the writing style, you're one of the few that writes like myself.

In the very first section you should mention that King Xaras is the one in charge of Xar'aysia. Because it's currently up in the air.

The kingdom of Xar’aysia was the most peaceful place the whole world had ever seen. It was so because of the Great King Xaras Tirith who wanted nothing more than the welfare of his people and all the allied kingdoms. The army of Xar’aysia was the strongest with the largest army among all.

The kingdom was well known due to its victory over the cursed land named “Zeldan” which was later turned into a peaceful settlement called Inkasia or the land of joys in their sacred language. The former ruler of Zeldan, Zashara was set free by King Xaras after his victory over Zeldan. The people of his kingdom considered this act as a wise act of forgiveness but among thousands of people only one man “Indra’nil” the advisor and the head of justice of Xar’aysia who was also loyal to his king (Xaras Tirith) realized the danger of setting an Adversary free. After having weeks and months of conversation on this topic the king refused and declared that “someone who is incapable of harming our Kingdom shall not be our enemy”. On hearing this Indra’nil was disappointed.

Later on after 7 peaceful years passed when King Xaras Tirith had a child his child was named Valcois Tirith meaning “HOPE” in their language, His nick name was Valc that meant the same. When he grew up and celebrated his 3rd birth year, a strange prophet who had the birthmark of the cursed Zeldanians said that One day there will be Cataclysm between this sacred land of Xar’aysia and Zeldanian Gods, The gods of Darkness. This prophecy was ignored by the king but was taken into consideration by Indra’Nil.

Years passed then came the day of Horror for the Xar’aysia. When the king was as old as 65 years and the prince Valcois was 29 years old, a dark army arrived at the borders of Inkasia the land of pleasures. The people of Xar’aysia were not aware of this threat. But Indra’Nil was gifted with the powers to study the traces and essence of magic and life. Thus he could also detect darkness from a far distance. Xaras trusted Indra’Nil, So on hearing this news he sent the vast army of Xar’aysia to fight for their motherland. The king knew that he could not win easily so he also included price Valcois and the allied Empires in this battle. The army of the Xar’aysia was outnumbered by than that of Zeldanians & unlike any other war fought by this Mighty Empire this battle could only be ended in one way …… Defeat for Xar’aysia. The King lost his long conquered land with his life and his people were slaughtered like wild animals and killed like pests. The Zeldanians did not show any mercy. Valcois was saved from the grasp of death by Indra’Nil. Now there was only one way to bring Xar’aysia back to life….. A path feared by strongest of the warriors. A path to the dimension of Kronsis where lived the Great Aspects of the Elements. This was the dimension that gave birth to earth according to Xar’aysian mythology. Valcois had to reach the plains unknown by oldest of the Scholars. But in the long journey there was the Zeldanian Lord of War “Zel’Quarosh” who had faced defeat only once Against the Empire of Xar’aysia which was now in his control. The empire of Valc’s father now stands in crisis the people lay in sorrow... The rightful throne of Valcois is being used by Zel’Quarosh

To avenge the death of his father and the slaughtering of his people he sets off his journey with the aid of 3 Elite warriors . , Rehgar, and Odin’Nil the son of Indra’nil and the Warchief of the rightful King Valcois.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

@kakuzu, yes, it still is!
@ Chaosy thanks a lot for that. +rep, I will update it as soon as I can. :as:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

@Silva, Sorry but I'm working on some bug-fixes so you're going to have to wait.
I'll post an update as soon as the alpha for Ch1 is out.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Subscribing..
Good luck Slayer,I hope this will be a great success

Thanks, friend. We both hope :))

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Any new chapters?

Chapter 2: Marshes of WestKeep

Screens coming soon (It's just the terrain till now).
Minor spoiler: The second chapter is set in a rainforest settlement.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Back to work! A whole new set of screenshots to be uploaded.

The Kanarci legend lives on. :D

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Have exams, project on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.