1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Xar'aysia : The fall of an Empire

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by [E]clipse, Jun 26, 2015.

1. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    [E]clipse Presents
    Xar'aysia the fall of an Empire

Created by [E]clipse

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Xar'aysia the fall of an Empire is a Single Player Role Playing game by me...
    This game consists of new systems, gameplay elements a new lore and a lot of custom stuff to keep the user entertained throughout the game. The campaign also consists of boss fights and a lot of custom items...However the game features a lot of custom stuff and systems but none of then are too complicated to ruin the gameplay as the balancing is always being updated. The game includes a stat manager, a combat skills, a custom XP gain, a custom switchable movement type, camera type and a lot of such systems.
    It also has an attaching storyline from my lore universe called the Guardians of Xar'aysia.

SHORT STORY OF THE CAMPAIGN
    Show Story
    The kingdom of Xar’aysia was the most peaceful place the whole world had ever seen. It was so because of the Great King Xaras Tirith who wanted nothing more than the welfare of his people and all the allied kingdoms. The army of Xar’aysia was the strongest with the largest army among all.

The kingdom was well known due to its victory over the cursed land named “Zeldan” which was later turned into a peaceful settlement called Inkasia or the land of joys in their sacred language. The former ruler of Zeldan, Zashara was set free by King Xaras after his victory over Zeldan. The people of his kingdom considered this act as a wise act of forgiveness but among thousands of people only one man “Indra’nil” the advisor and the head of justice of Xar’aysia who was also loyal to his king (Xaras Tirith) realized the danger of setting an Adversary free. After having weeks and months of conversation on this topic the king refused and declared that “someone who is incapable of harming our Kingdom shall not be our enemy”. On hearing this Indra’nil was disappointed.

Later on after 7 peaceful years passed when King Xaras Tirith had a child his child was named Valcois Tirith meaning “HOPE” in their language, His nick name was Valc that meant the same. When he grew up and celebrated his 3rd birth year, a strange prophet who had the birthmark of the cursed Zeldanians said that One day there will be Cataclysm between this sacred land of Xar’aysia and Zeldanian Gods, The gods of Darkness. This prophecy was ignored by the king but was taken into consideration by Indra’Nil.

Years passed then came the day of Horror for the Xar’aysia. When the king was as old as 65 years and the prince Valcois was 29 years old, a dark army arrived at the borders of Inkasia the land of pleasures. The people of Xar’aysia were not aware of this threat. But Indra’Nil was gifted with the powers to study the traces and essence of magic and life. Thus he could also detect darkness from a far distance. Xaras trusted Indra’Nil, So on hearing this news he sent the vast army of Xar’aysia to fight for their motherland. The king knew that he could not win easily so he also included prince Valcois and the allied Empires in this battle. The army of the Xar’aysia was outnumbered by than that of Zeldanians & unlike any other war fought by this Mighty Empire this battle could only be ended in one way …… Defeat for Xar’aysia. The King lost his long conquered land with his life and his people were slaughtered like wild animals and killed like pests. The Zeldanians did not show any mercy. Valcois was saved from the grasp of death by Indra’Nil. Now there was only one way to bring Xar’aysia back to life….. A path feared by strongest of the warriors. A path to the dimension of Kronsis where lived the Great Aspects of the Elements. This was the dimension that gave birth to earth according to Xar’aysian mythology. Valcois had to reach the plains unknown by oldest of the Scholars. But in the long journey there was the Zeldanian Lord of War “Zel’Quarosh” who had faced defeat only once Against the Empire of Xar’aysia which was now in his control. The empire of Valc’s father now stands in crisis the people lay in sorrow... The rightful throne of Valcois is being used by Zel’Quarosh

To avenge the death of his father and the slaughtering of his people he sets off his journey with the aid of 3 Elite warriors . , Rehgar, and Odin’Nil the son of Indra’nil and the Warchief of the rightful King Valcois.

[​IMG]
    The campaign features the following treasures and a lot more ! :

[+] A vast and attaching story line for the players.
    [+] Three powerful heroes to play with
    [+] Vast amount of secrets to discover
    [+] Challenging Bosses
    [+] Hundreds of custom items
    [+] A combat skills system
    [+] A Stat manager system
    [+] Professions to earn gold and resources.
    [+]Custom triggered spells.
    [+]Custom Resource : Lives
    [+]Custom Resource : Stat points
    [+]Custom Resource : Honor.
    [+]Large amount of custom skins, models, icons etc.

[​IMG]

• [​IMG]
      Indra'Niel , The Prime Watcher
      Indra'niel is the prime watcher who has passed long before... during the great war... While in his existence he was the advisor and leader of Xar'aysian Justice. Then came the time when the Zeldnians attacked and left the unforgettable scars over the whole empire...Since then nothing has been heard of this aspect

Epithet (Power Element) :Holy Light and justice
      Role : N/A
      Player Controlled :False

• [​IMG]
      Valcois , The Burning Avenger
      Valcois is the son of King Xaras Tirith and the righteous king of the Xar'aysian empire, The throne of Xar'aysia however has been taken over by Zel'Quarosh. Valcois can manipulate the power of fire to his will and create massive explosions. And he will use the fire will for the revival of Xar'aysia

Epithet (Power Element) : Fire
      Role : Damage Dealer
      Player Controlled :True

[​IMG]
    • These are a few screenshots. enjoy !
      Chapter 1
      Screenshot 1
      [​IMG]
      Image description : Chapter 1
      Screenshot 2
      [​IMG]

Image description :Boss Fight Dareun StormAxe
      Screenshot 3
      [​IMG]
      Screenshot 4
      [​IMG]
      Screenshot 5
      [​IMG]
    • Show screenshot 1
      [​IMG]
      Show Screenshot 2
      [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  2. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    My laptop's charge is down and I am feeling waaaay 2 lazy...so I'll update the thread next afternoon (Schools will drown the morning). So the thread is currently incomplete.

Feel Free to give suggestions, ideas and feedbacks

EDIT : Features list added, Characters list pending....

EDIT 2 : 1.Features Updated,
    2.MORE SCREENSHOTS Added !!!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  3. Windrunner29

Windrunner29

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hey I already saw this in some profils :) good luck with this campaign, it's very interesting.

Zashara ≈ Azshara oO

4. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, the screens will be updated tomorrow though...As I changed a lot of visual things and updates related the UI stuff

Hmmm, how come I didnt ever notice it? But thats not a problem as he's dead and is killed by his own commander..in the complete storyline...

5. Windrunner29

Windrunner29

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I tried your demo, you should change the name of the creep, as we are in another world.

6. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats not the demo, instead thats a months old map and actually the centaurs are named Horsemen there the map is improved by 100 % i mean the demo was not that good but the real one is, :D

Thanks though :as:

7. Windrunner29

Windrunner29

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The orcs call the centaurs like this in warcraft 3 :)

I mean change the name ;

mur'gul --> n'ralh , for exemple :)

8. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I demand blanc lines and structure in general for the story plz. It's kinda a wall of text now.

9. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes the Orcs do, but N'rahl is a good name ! thanks !

The thread needs update actually and I am on it. :)

EDIT : The thread has been updated to v1.2 and I have added a features list and the story is more paragraphized than before to ease the reading.

Pending thread stuff :
    1. The credits.
    2. The progress chart.
    3. The characters list.

The thread was updated just to add some screenshots

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  10. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can anyone help with this problem ?

The player always gets random race at the start of the game even when the race is fixed to human in the scenario...I've checked again and again but this persists. I have a solution but that would increase the maps size by 4 MBs.

So is there a simpler way 2 do this ?

11. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Scenario: Force Properties: Use Custom Forces (Checked): Fixed Player settings. (Checked)
    That's how I Do it, at least always works for me!

12. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good Luck !!!

13. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey demon_slayer!
    Thanks for the review on my project, I felt on checking yours and you really got me interested in that lore. Would you have any early development map that I could try out?

Anyway, keep on working, this has a lot of potential :D

14. I played it and I have to say, I like it. It reminds me a bit of 'The Chosen Ones'.
    I really love the systems, they are simple from the regards of the player but promising.
    The UI is very well chosen and the gameplay is rather easy.

Some things:
    • An empty vial tooltip is wrong ( the one you can buy at the tavern)
    • I think the 'Interact' button does not work, as it overlaps with the 'Move Box'
    • 'Summoner's Wand' has no mana cost information

Suggestions ( based on personal impression):
    • Add more custom stats than only attributes, maybe change them to things like 'Dexterity', 'Hunting' or 'Survivability' and so on.
    • Coming along with the custom stats, what do you think about adding things like block chance, evasion or critical strike ? Natural stats, like a hero evading an attack or causing bleed due to critical hit and such
    • Reduce tooltip information and background text a bit
    • Add uniform tooltip information, that means that the ability level information is at the same place for every ability
    • Don't make the cinematic start immediately after the hero enters the area, but make the UI slowly fading into black and pausing hero and then start cinematic
    The project is promising and I look forward to see more content!

15. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    NOTE THAT I ONLY PLAYED HALF OF THE CHAPTER! some opinions might be slightly invalid because of that.

killed the orc with whosyourdaddy, key did not drop, could not continue

Map Name: Xar'aysia the fall of an Empire
    Version: Chapter 1
    Author: demon_slayer20

Terrain[r]
    Bad overall, not exactly anything specific. Lack of decoration objects among others, I think you know how good terrain look without me trying to explain.
    1/5

Gameplay[r]
    The usual slay everything that moves gameplay, abilities made it a tad more fun though. Possible that it would be different in other chapters though.
    2/5

Story[r]
    Hard to judge in one chapter but the story seemed confusing to me, mainly due the complicated faction names. I also felt like you threw a lot of key info at the same time. Basically there was no casual talk inbetween, only important stuff, gave me no time to 'melt' the information.
    2/5

Uniqueness[r]
    Seems like a campaign focused on survival, rather unique I'd say.
    4/5

Overall[r]
    Decent potential, lacking as it stands right now though.
    2/5

Rant Section[r]
    Tons o' Rant
    -swap places with the "7 years after the fall of..." and "press esc to skip cinematic" I think it will look a little better.
    -If you cancel the cinematic all text messages should be cleared.
    -Rather than displaying *full quest description* in a message do something like "Main Quest: *quest name* - check the quest log for more info"
    -The flamebird skillshot is way too quick, the flames are spawned before the bird has reached that point. The flames should be spawned under the bird if possible.
    -You use a lot of custom words in the first chapter, this makes it hard to get a grasp on the story. For example, "This is an *race* camp!" > "This is one of our camps!"
    -claiming to be 'just a traveler' is so stupid. I am just your average traveler with expensive clothes and a giant mace travelling though a barren waste land. Yeah, sure. Who would believe that?
    -A paladin do not encourage vengeance, it's pure lore-rape unless he is a 'fallen' paladin meaning he has lost faith in the light and is a paladin no more. (more or less)

Reviewed by[r]
    Contact

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  16. Fang

Fang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @demon_slayer20
    Good Campaign, Slayer. Still you have to learn more about these
    I support you :) good luck!

17. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks everyone for your support, But I am extremely sorry for upladoing the old version of my campaign, SO if you want 2 play then contact me or download it the latest update from the thread (Still 2 come)

Also thanks 2 chaosy and Ardenian for their review and ideas !

@chaosy : thanks again for ur review and actually the version I uploaded by mistake is 0.01 not 1, LoL XD !!!

18. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't even get the freaken thing to exit letter box mode and you people have already reviewed it!

That's just gay

19. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You have to restart the campaign and press esc to skip it.

20. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    @ LordofChaos201,I already said that it NOT THE DEMO !!!!
    And the letterbox problem is fixed in the recent version, try and press "Esc" to skip the cinematic in the older version, that may help.