1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Submitted by Ham Ham
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Screenshoots

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

Important Note about AI

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
  1. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, i noticed the AI warning when i opened the map in the editor. It is very ambitious to have an AI at all, imo.

And yes, the tank turret system leaks pretty badly, not only does it leak the position where the "tank dummy" is being placed, but it also lekas the dummy unit itself!
    My suggestion is to make a system similar to "TimerUtils" where you have an array where you store the dummy units, "release" the dummy once the tank is issued a new order (or whatever), and then have a function to recycle the dummies again.
    it's not good for the unit stack to create and remove units over and over like that.

2. Discohydra

Discohydra

Resources:
    Resources:
    You know, the map itself is opensource, and i believe the author has abandoned it to make an SC2 version. I bet if you can repair the map, it would most likely count as permission to repost because of it being opensource.

3. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, i did fix all the leaks before i tried to host it, but i also noticed that ham ham had added a quite unconventional way of preventing dummy unit leaks; he gives them negative life generation instead of adding expiration timer.

anyways, i really do like the different systems used in this, and i have absolutely change my mind on thing slike the turret system and the POW camps (it's pretty cool).
    But what needs to be fixed is, for instance, that he has created a basic damage detection system (adding a separate event for each unit to a trigger), but instead of using "(specific unit) takes damage", he persists on using the oh so buggy and exploitable "a unit is attacked" (which only registers when a unit commences it's attack animation, hence the target unit can be killed by someone else before the triggering unit hits).

I'm not sure if i have time to help this project out, but i have used some ideas from it as inspiration for my own map, which by coincidence started off just like you just suggested - by me trying to help someone touching up terrain and improving models/triggers, only that the owner has become inactive. You can find the project in my signature.

4. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Omg double post! :O

5. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Omg useless post! :O

Too bad Ham Ham left the map. Even with some bugs and all, it's still clearly playable.

As I'm not in the triggers area, I'll don't say anything about that. However I think that the terrain needs a bit more work.

Also, last time I played, Russia was too overpowered.

6. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm.. fixed it.
    If you want, i could paste my personal tiny adjustment to this map. It's hardly worth to upload on it's own, it's just a tiny leakfix on the turret system, and a fix in the system for capturing cities to make it more accurate.

7. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Well you could attach it here... nobody will mind since it's open source...

8. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Who said I quit this map? I'm just having some troubles in real life.
    As I said, this ISN'T the final version yet. I'll try uploading a new version soon (ok, I promissed it about a hundred times this year, but this time I'm talking serious. So you guys can see this project isn't dead xD)

Fingolfin, if you can find ways to fix the leaks, then go ahead.

Also, the project is open-source, so you are allowed to upload a modified version when you want, also, you can post here a link for your version too.

And, looks like the SC2 version is going to take a long time to come up, since I still don't got my new pc, and don't even played SC2 yet. haha..

9. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol you should write down in you signature: "Not quit making WW3 Map" :p.

10. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, i might do a couple of fixes, then i'll attatch it here.

11. polita123

polita123

Resources:
    Resources:
    about NUCLEAR SUNRISE

NC GAME:thumbs_up: i just have a request and a question (question) - when will you create nuclear sunrise 1.35? (request) -can you please add mother of all bombs (MOAB) of AMERICA and (FOAB) of Russia FAther Of All Bombs:

12. sephiroth1234

sephiroth1234

Resources:
    Resources:
    I checked your map in the editor and I noticed many leaks in which point/location leaks are dominant that makes your map to lag every few seconds. Please review the triggers and fix those in version 1.35.

Just keep the versions coming.... XD

13. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I got the idea of instead adding just a few more units to next version, I'll wait for Fingolin's bugfix release. Then add the new units and make a descent update. That's better than just doing a useless bump just to say this project is still alive.

14. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    oh, well.. i can't say i have fixed them all, and i haven't cleaned the triggers that just could have been done more efficiently, but i guess i will published what i have then. haha. :)

Let me just do some last fixes and i will attatch it here.

15. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Take all the time you need, Fingolfin.

For now, there's something I've been discussing with Hugomath a few months ago, about changing the map name.

I got the idea in the past of changing it World War 3: Nuclear War. (It was arround the 1.20 version). If you check the Epicwar archive, you will notice that these two versions named as Nuclear War are the most downloaded ones.
    So, to try giving new life and more popularity for the map, I suggest changing the name to Nuclear War again (or a more awesome name if you guys can find one).

Any ideas, gentlemen?

16. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Nuclear Apocalypse?
    Global War: Nuclear War?
    Global Conflict: Nuclear War?
    Nuclear War: WW3?

What about these I just mentioned, gentlemen?

17. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They sound a bit generic imo, especially "Global War: Nuclear War", lol.
    In that case, i would either go for the current name, or possibly "World War 3: Nuclear War".

18. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    In my opinion, the best option 'till now is "World War 3: Nuclear War".

19. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe then:
    World Conflict: Nuclear War?
    Or:
    WW3: Nuclear War?

Because then there would be two wars and that's as imo as one of my previous suggestions.

20. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    WW3: Nuclear War seems to be the best so far.
    About the thing of puting the word war twice in the name, I came up with the idea of WW3: Nuclear Assault, but some people wouldn't understand that, and I also want to keep the download success formula of the previous version called WW3 Nuclear War.