1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Submitted by Ham Ham
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Screenshoots

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

Important Note about AI

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
  1. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    I prefer to leave some suggestions to Ham Ham because i really want to help him improving this map.Maybe,when he launch a final version,i'll edit it a little bit with some ideas,but i don't think i'll do that =].

2. Weider

Weider

Resources:
    Resources:
    How did you make that tanks move theare turret to hostile separately from the rest of the tank ?

3. Thick_Armor

Thick_Armor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I assume it's a seperate model, but with locust or something.

4. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    There is a trriger than makes unit's body or just a head (Or some kind of part that works like head) face another unit or a region.

5. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol I thought was some kind of animation like the one in the Cannon Tower xD. I'm not skilled in Mapmaking anyways.

6. crimson fire

crimson fire

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im currently in Portugal and the capital of Portugal is Lisboa, not what is spelled in the game (Lesbon) lol.
    great map.

7. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    In English spells Lisbon and in Portuguese is Lisboa :)

So Ham Ham, just a question, how four men enters in a AH-1 Cobra, if it has only 2 seats and these are for the Pilot and Gunner? :)

8. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Simple you strap two guys with rope and there you go 4 passengers. Yeah that is a problem isn't it? It needs the CH-47 Chinook transport copters instead of a assault helicopter.

9. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did it again =/
    Excuse me for vanishing over a long time again, people.
    Sometimes I just get very obsessed about my projects in Doom 2 lol.

But I think this time I was out was just nice to elaborate new ideas. I'll try making the next version as a major new feature version, not just another minor bugfix version. I will review all posts since the last time I was here, and start working again soon. The notice that Sc2 can convert Wc3 maps gave a lot of will to keep this thing going on.

10. crimson fire

crimson fire

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah i know, portuguese is lisboa and english is lisbon but in the game its spelled lesbon

11. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok since this could be the last Warcraft III version of Nuclear Sunrise, I suggest people to throw in as many suggestions as possible (at least ones that makes sense.)

-Add different transport helicopters for example the American/European CH-47 Chinook the Russian Kamov Ka-60 etc...

-Nerf zombies a bit seriously it's hard enough to find the starting point but when 1 zombie is created every 3 seconds and to kill 1 it takes 1 naval ship that fires it like 8 rounds... it's pretty ridiculous, especially useless vs marines.

-Maybe add different "services" or "command" say for example Russia (not sure why I always pick them.) You gain the the choice of choosing one of the following 3 services: Strategic Rocket Forces, Russian Space Forces and Russian Airborne Troops. USA gets say Space Command, Marines Command and Engineering Command.

-Fun quests, nuff said

That's pretty much all I can think of right now.

12. Carter_117

Carter_117

Resources:
    Resources:
    just saying but if you know how to beat them zombies are extremely underpowered... just mass MLRS or just simply mass bombers and its
    GG for zombies... can u plz add an air attack for the zombies? and i played as them once and i found out they seem to stop spawning after a while

their was something else but i forget right now.

13. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Erm I think it's a good time to upload your map screenshots...

14. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah I think so too ^^

Maybe flying zombies, crow zombies for example, are a little more realistic than land zombies attacking flying choppers or aircraft, even if they spit acid or something.

Oh right, here are my suggestions:
    -The spy's ability, assassinate, can hit tanks[OMG]. Make it only hit organic units, and create a new spell that hits ground mechanical units: Sabotage [I suggest 3 sec. delay to cast, another 8-10 sec delay and... kaboom :D];
    -There's a very huge bug, that makes the map unrealistic: The fighters/bombers and heavy bombers continue to fire, even without supplies[mana];
    -You could add a IFV for Teal: FV510 "Warrior" [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrior_IFV ];
    -Maybe improve that HMMWV model, not that the current model isn't good, but that Humvee model you got on Gulf War is really awesome :D [liked a lot because has a realistic Machinegun :];
    -The Soviets have an old design in the Cold War: The Black Eagle Tank. You maybe could create one and put it in one of the secret Soviet bases... here's the description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Eagle_tank ;
    Well I think it's all... for now.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  15. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ya I know but if they start off inside your territory screw getting MLRS that would take to long and by then the zombies would control like 1/4 of your territory as for air hitters, smokers for Left 4 Dead lol jk, zombie crows.

16. Carter_117

Carter_117

Resources:
    Resources:
    eh, depends what country you are if you are america and they hit mexico/savandor (the one below) then U.S. ive seen usually tends to win... but i can understand if they spawn somewhere like belgium, specially if russia is attacking the frontline, im just saying their is a right way to combat them and a wrong way (infantry unless given new weapons/BFG9000 :thumbs_up:)

17. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tried playing this map alone against AI, but the lag was to intense for me to do anything at all. i could barely pan my camera.

i think the tank turret rotation system is adding CPU load on a map as big as this, not to mention the high unit intensity. Or maybe the AI scripting was just a bit unefficient.
    The map seems good in general though, just a few things i would like to note:

*There are no clear unit classes. As the soviets, i had two different kinds of MBT's that i could build, and that doesn't make sense. Also, there was this wierd katyusha model that could barely attack, aswell as what seemed to be several different kinds of troop transports (why more than one?). You should have more distinct classes specialized in taking down specific units to add a more strategic level to the play.

*Tooltips were a mess. Instead of telling what the unit actually does, they just packed a lot of background shit that had nothing to do with how the unit should be used. Please change that.

*I didn't really understand how POW camps worked. Although i think it is a pretty cool idea, the system of letting dead units linger as bodies might be another cause of the lag. You should try to reduce the ammount of units on the map instead.
    Also, i tried building the camp near a bunch of such bodies, but when i tried to retrieve them, an error message said i couldn't recover neutral units. How then am i supposed to do it?

i couldn't get much more out of my testing session, but i'll let you know if i play it again and find something else.

18. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    It's already aid you shouldn't play with more than two AIs at the same time.
    Actually I noticed that tank system may be leaking, it doesn't create a temporary location! Zombie spawning is the same problem, they spawn in non-temporary location, which creates leaks.

POW camps work this: your "just infantry" has ability to interact. use it on enemy troops to capture them and turn into POWs that can be use them. use on your own troops to return them back to normal.
    That's uncomftable, I already said AoE capturing abiulity would be useful... the tooltips? Well yeah you're right about them.
    There are also some bugs with capture system, like you can neutralise zombies, but the ability gives no effect on them. engineers can't be returned to normal after demoralization too.

19. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it just me, or the Towed Howitzers also become neutral? Oh, and Machinegun Sentries too.

20. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, forgot to mention those! Oh, and mortars seem to stay neutral too.