1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Submitted by Ham Ham
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Screenshoots

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

Important Note about AI

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
  1. brayden430

brayden430

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have seen them im in the Sc2 Beta test

2. pomelito123

pomelito123

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's good to be back in Hive after a long vacation.... Hey this is the final version? I'll wait this map in SC2... Can i ask if i equip a Mortar/Grenades/Rocket launchers to a Soldier, do it fire mortar automatically if they engage a battle to a certain enemy like the flamethrower? I'm not yet testing 1.34... I just got back yesterday...

3. Nightblade

Nightblade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just one thing..Your world map.It is really good.
    Nice game,creative and original.Especially that morale bit.

4. brayden430

brayden430

Resources:
    Resources:
    StarCraft 2 Editor out it has a legacy map convert function it takes a while running it on this map ill past latter how it turns out.

Well the terrain came out ok but will probably have to be redone

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  5. sephiroth1234

sephiroth1234

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your map is orginal!!! No immitations made!!!

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

6. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    About the questions related to WW3 NS version in Sc2

1) This is NOT the final version yet. I wan't to add more things yet. If you have ANY suggestions about new units/abilities/etc. please post it!

2) Don't be so confident about the SC2 version of this map because of many reasons:
    - I think that modelers will take a LOT of time to start making modern tanks, helicopters, chips, and aircraft for sc2 (Unless people can find a way to convert .mdx into the sc2 models)
    - My current computer can't run SC2. I actually have a Pentium 4 2.8ghz, 512mb Ram, Ge-ForceMX4000 graphics card. I do aim a Pentium Quad Core, 4gb Ram, and Ge-Force 9800GT. I will not able to buy it before July or August.
    - After I finally can play SC2, I will take some.. A LOT of time to find out how his editor works.

So, just keep suggestions coming up. There are no plans of the works in WW3: Nuclear Assault (previewed name for this map in SC2. It might change) start before mid 2011.

About the next version:
    For now, the only new idea I have is the Nuclear Briefcase. A item that can be carried by terrorists, droped in an enemy country, and detonated. It's like a Stealth Nuke. This will be 3 times more expensive than a ICBM. Also, I do plan working in the infantry again. The unique infantry will be resotored (and will cost less, so people don't mass tanks), and I will double the cost of ICBMs, so they can't be massed.

Post your suggestions for 1.35

7. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very Interesting. I'd like to make some other questions and suggestions:
    Questions:
    -Is the Chain Quest completed? If not,in what version you expect to be ready?
    -Which variants will be on the Stryker APC?
    -There will be other avaiable variants in other tanks/aricrafts?[BMP-3,AH-1 Cobra,etc...]
    -Is the Napalm Bomb working proppely now?
    -That General stuff that was in one of the older versions[can't remember wich],will you add it again?

Suggestions:
    -Other kind of bombs in the Bombs Factory[For example Dirty Bombs :p]
    -Field officers[Gives morale and can send neaby troops to attack a targeted area]
    -Strategic points [I know,it's alot of work but,could be useful.For example: A player's convoy is passing throug a "Choke Point",than has chances to miss other units that are on higher places,reduced speed if it's near a country or forest].

8. brayden430

brayden430

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why a Pentium grab a Anthlon II Ham Ham i have one and its fast and its cheap

9. sephiroth1234

sephiroth1234

Resources:
    Resources:
    I noticed wrong about the tooltip of Challenger II tank. Could you check it and fix it at the next version? And try changing the M249 SAW machine gun of the Russians, because only British and Americans have that machine gun.

Anyway I have a suggestion, create a new weapon at the Supply depot, FGM-18 Javelin, which is an American-modified rocket launcher that tracks tanks with a great range but has only 1 charge instead of 5 like the rocket launcher item.

So far I can't see any problem except for the tooltip one. Continue your map and I wish it will be better in the next versions.:thumbs_up:

10. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you wish to get a good processor get the Intel Core i5 or i7 series, they're better than the Quad-Core for many reasons.

1. Uses less material which means costs less
    2. Has better speeds and overclocking.
    3. Just about the same price as the Quad Core but with more features (Hyper-threaded, Turbo Boost etc...)

11. Darkgamma

Darkgamma

Resources:
    Resources:
    A smarter AI which doesn't spam infantry that goes 'round in circles, stronger bombers to drop nukes, diplomacy to negotiate truce and the like, a more diverse pallete of buildings, conventional planted bombs (maybe :confused:) etc.

12. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Post suggestions for 1.35 is simple lol.

Make more units and fix up some grammars and locations (honestly I never get why you placed Quebec instead of Ottawa for Canada)

Ok well here's a list of units you may want to add (or replace)

-Canada does have Leopard 2 MBTs to you know so why not add them?

-Japan has a prototype stealth fighter called the ATD-X by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_ATD-X

-This sounds dumb but Plasma-based weapons, apperently Boeing is doing research on that right now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma-based_weaponry

-Since both USA and Russia has there own "Space Forces" maybe there could be a aircraft capable of destroying satellites easily than having to spend it on ICBM and play a guess of Where's is that satellite.

-No railguns cause I've been doing research on the railguns and as fun as it sounds to have them they say that the Railguns are only ready in 2020-2025 and since this is 2012 it ain't gonna work...

-However since there is a age advancement thing going on in the map maybe there is a possibility of placing in new weapons when X date has passed.

-New Event the reconstruction of project Babylon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Babylon Project Babylon is a supergun that was meant to fire anywhere in the world, there is a group that tries to reconstruct it and probably succeeded. So who ever gets to the Babylon site first controls the cannon (although the thing is immobile so defenses are needed lol.)

13. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Talking about space forces, actually I don't know how USa, but in USSR in late 80s they actually managed to create a lasers weapons for astronauts. Those were one time use and could be used only in vacuum, but still, those were the only hanguns that can be used in space. So maybe you should make some kind of anti-space station space station (well maybe unlockable by quests or something)?

14. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    What about the Skynet Project? Just kidding xD. Now serious,maybe all countrys need a cheap and fast recoinnaissance aircraft (like UAVs or something),because even the spy satellite is a little expensive and slow.

15. pomelito123

pomelito123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't Forget Chain Quests!!!!!!! Weeeee!!!! Zombie! Aliens! Mad Scientist! BFG9000! Arthur's Sword!!! Too many exclamation points!!!!!!!! Arrggghhh!!! I can't stop it!!! hahaha ^_^

16. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    And don't forget Nazi trying to conquer world!!! :p

17. Carter_117

Carter_117

Resources:
    Resources:
    make E.U. and Japan and stuff have a chance to join the chain quests as nazi and rising sun respectivly get a ww2 minigame going here ahahaha :p, o and for sc2 why not just get the units change the stats around to the ones you want and then change the skins when the models come out respectivly... its not that bad to play w/out skins us starcraft players have managed :p but im not sure galaxy editor may be different...

18. brayden430

brayden430

Resources:
    Resources:
    Redoing the triggers redoing the terrain will take time in Sc2. Stats work a little differently in Sc2.

Making a Custom UI will take some time if ham ham chooses to make one.

19. Carter_117

Carter_117

Resources:
    Resources:
    yea... i see your point :| ah well i was just hoping for to much to soon i guess ;\

-However since there is a age advancement thing going on in the map maybe there is a possibility of placing in new weapons when X date has passed.

I just did a little bit of reserch and it appears railguns have been though about as early as ww2 and could have been made... just the power source required ws not feasible at the time (enought o power half of chicago) however... i am not saying you are wrong tau, your most likely alot more accurate then me (seen you post alot of things they make sense :thumbs_up:) but with todays tech there are some prototypes around i would suspect... so you could have very limited versions until 2020-25 like much more expensive and then down to a more reasonable price later on... just an idea

20. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    By the way people, haven't you forgot this map is open source? If you want, you can mod it whatever way you like.