• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34

Wellcome to World War 3 Nuclear Sunrise, the most well-succeded attemp to bring a real-life war simulator into Warcraft 3. With over 26.000 downloads over the world*, this map brings to you all the tension of a global-scaled conflict in a possible reality not far from ours.
*The Hive and Epic War downloads.

Game Features:

- Over 110 real tanks, aircraft, and naval units with realistic models. Each tank/aircraft has a real fully detailed information about it. On every game version, new units are avaliable.
- Over 100 countries avaliable to be captured/destroyed.
- Epic battles.
- Reallistic Air Combat.
- Nuke your enemies!
- or build Anti-Missile shields towards your nation to prevent it.
- Average AI for computer players that allows begginers to get learn how to play.

Thanks for playing.

Check our hosted forum and discuss, report bugs, give suggestions about this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f601/
Thanks the Hive Workshop staff for hosting the forum.

OPEN SOURCE
I'm not a selfish person. Since Blizzard extended the max filesize limit to 8mb, map is no longer protected. You can modify this map as you wish, or use the systems included on this map on a map of yours, but dont forget to give me credits for all systems, and read the comment file explaining the rules of how to edit/republish this map. As long you follow these rules, you don't need to ask me authorization.

Fuck imageshack! They have deleted my pics! I will upload new ones soon.

If you want to play with AI, dont use more than 2 computer players or game will lag like hell (Blame wc3 engine!). That happens because this map has epic battles with hundreds of units on each side, and when an AI orders too many units to advance/move/retreat, game lags, and theres no way to fix it. But I can assure you: If you play on solo against 2 computer players, the game is still funny and can last very long.

Keywords:
World War, Modern Warfare, Nuclear, War
Contents

WW3: Nuclear Sunrise v1.34 (Map)

Reviews
Gilles: No bugs found. The models are very nice, and you did an excellent job on the map of the world!
Level 3
Any one want to restart the project in starcraft 2 and just say its based of this map i can start one i can kinda work in blender to create models and the scripting is c based so i already kind know it

Level 9
Ham ham said he would begin working in a SC2 version when he had a computer. May take long. In addition, he has a life to take care of. lol

Sup guys. Sorry for all this time out.
I spent all money I earned last year in a Xbox 360 and a 40'' LCD TV, and I got no money left to acquire a better computer for now. Starcraft 2 plays under any 256mb video board, so, I think I can afford money to buy it in no much time... er.. right after I find another job. So, if anybody wants to convert this into a SC2 map, you get my authorization.

I have been out all this time because I moved to Doom editing. I have been developing this map for the last 4 years, and I think I never seen it getting hosted online. It makes me few very unmotivated to continue on this. But I say one thing; this is not dead yet. I can't continue it right now because I have some projects with deadlines in Doom, but Someday, I WILL release a new version of it, with Fingolfin's memory leak bugfixes, and some new stuff.

Level 4
I love this map but I found a couple bugs: when engineers lose moral u cant bring them back and you cant repair vehicles that you have upgraded (ex bradley "warhammer")
hope you update it sometime soon

Level 2
hellow! i am korean player....

HI, how are you ?

i'm your game user in korea who is really enjoying this game.

is there any plan to update your game? if you so , i will recommand some ideas.

first of all , the condition of winning mission should be clear.

for instance , the numbers of cities are 20 makes the player win , or the player loses when the numbers of his cities turns 0.

also , i recommand that the player can gain some small money when he killed opposits or neutro units . it is quite hard and boring to manage the game only with the regular incomes .

and last , this is personal request but i hope you to put my ID and server on intro or loading comments . it will help to spread your game in korea .

Level 10
HI, how are you ?

i'm your game user in korea who is really enjoying this game.

is there any plan to update your game? if you so , i will recommand some ideas.

first of all , the condition of winning mission should be clear.

for instance , the numbers of cities are 20 makes the player win , or the player loses when the numbers of his cities turns 0.

also , i recommand that the player can gain some small money when he killed opposits or neutro units . it is quite hard and boring to manage the game only with the regular incomes .

and last , this is personal request but i hope you to put my ID and server on intro or loading comments . it will help to spread your game in korea .

That is not how war works, Narosia.

Well, good and bad news.
The good news: I finally got a new and nice PC (I can even play BF3 now lol)

The bad news: I can't find a good retailer to get either Wc3 nor Sc2. They are all selling just PES, BF3 and MW3 like there were no other games released, and I don't want to get it from Steam. But I already downloaded Wc3 from TPB with a working World Editor.

But fear not. It won't take long until I can finally get back into Warcraft 3 modding and finish this map. Doom modding is still eating all my free time, I have been working on a Doom mod since 2010 that really got a REALLY HUGE fanbase, and I can't leave them now.
If anybody is interested about knowing it, click here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom

But as soon I release a new version of it, I maybe can get time to get back into Warcraft 3. Working on this map will be much easier now with this new computer because it's going to take much less time to load levels for testing. (It was taking around one minute to load this map in my old Pentium 4, but now takes less than 8 seconds to load on my new i3)

Level 11
Well, good and bad news.
The good news: I finally got a new and nice PC (I can even play BF3 now lol)

The bad news: I can't find a good retailer to get either Wc3 nor Sc2. They are all selling just PES, BF3 and MW3 like there were no other games released, and I don't want to get it from Steam. But I already downloaded Wc3 from TPB with a working World Editor.

But fear not. It won't take long until I can finally get back into Warcraft 3 modding and finish this map. Doom modding is still eating all my free time, I have been working on a Doom mod since 2010 that really got a REALLY HUGE fanbase, and I can't leave them now.
If anybody is interested about knowing it, click here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom

But as soon I release a new version of it, I maybe can get time to get back into Warcraft 3. Working on this map will be much easier now with this new computer because it's going to take much less time to load levels for testing. (It was taking around one minute to load this map in my old Pentium 4, but now takes less than 8 seconds to load on my new i3)

That's good to hear Ham also the Blizzard Store sells a copy of WC3 19.99$ plus another 19.99 for Frozen Throne.

Also I've tested the AI on the map last week and I was able to get 4 AI without lag on a i5 CPU. :p I honestly thought you were dead Ham haha.

Guys, do I require to have an original copy of ROC to play TFT on the Battlenet? I found a store selling TFT for the equivalent of US$14,30, but they don't have ROC.

I have been playing the map last night, and I noticed that I really should reduce some of the micromanagement. The first step will be to restore the infantry classes back to Infantry, Rocket Infantry, Machinegun Infantry, Flamethrower, and Mortar Team.

Level 3
Last edited:
Level 11
Guys, do I require to have an original copy of ROC to play TFT on the Battlenet? I found a store selling TFT for the equivalent of US$14,30, but they don't have ROC.

I have been playing the map last night, and I noticed that I really should reduce some of the micromanagement. The first step will be to restore the infantry classes back to Infantry, Rocket Infantry, Machinegun Infantry, Flamethrower, and Mortar Team.

Ya to be honest I wasn't into micromanaging infantries, perhaps make something like North America have Javelin Rocket Infantry, Russia and Middle East gets RPG Rocket Team.

There's also the AI improvments to do like say produce actual Air units and naval unit. (North American CPU is so useless cause of that.)

Could feature new units based on dates for example US in the year 2018 gets naval units with Railguns for precision fire.

Speaking of Naval, why doesn't any ship have AA defense? I find it silly that a ship that is literally an object with hundreds guns cannot defend themselves from helicopters or jets. (Perhaps base it of the Phoenix Fire ability if you want.)

You could update some of those models or replace them if you want :p http://xgm.ru/p/wc3/tag/modern-warfare

Last edited:
Level 1
hey ham ham how can i go to the mad scientist and steal the BFG 9000? i dont really know the path to that secret base.... thanks

p.s i really love your map... :)

Level 1
I dunno if I'm wrong but as far as I observed, AI can't build shipyards and airfields and train aircraft and ships. What about the others? Do AI train aircraft and ships or not?