1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Fingolfin, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We now have a new version released and available here!

New features in this version include a reichstag doodad model, more game hints, and an objective system, giving players small historical goals to complete for rewards. It also features balance for paratroopers aswell as numerous bug fixes.

We are now very close to completing this map, the only thing missing being the trade ship system and victory conditions for the domination mode.

2. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    New version will release tonight, check it out!

>>LINK<<

EDIT: Released!

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  3. Garodar

Garodar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wh--whats this? Omg. EPIC! :DDDDDDDD

4. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I KNOW RIGHT??

Anyhow, i want to inform everyone that the most recent version is 1.3e, which can currently only be found at entgaming.net (will be on the wif website ASAP). It adresses some of the balance issues in 1.3c, like the infantry doctrine.

Another thing we are talking about right now is wether to add control points at sea, for ships to capture, instead of merchant ships. These points would generate income just like cities, but not be able to train any units. The reason we are considering this is that merchant ships would generate attack notifications constantly, and there is a risk they could get stuck and cluster up if they fail to reach their destination. It is also a lot of work fixing parts of the system that could potentially bug, such as if a harbor is captured before a merchant has reached it. We want to know what the common opinion is about this - is it good or bad? Would sea control points make sense?

EDIT: I might have found the source of the delay issues in the newer versions. It might come from the trigger that makes you select the research unit after clicking the research hero, since it uses the SynchSelections natives, known for messing up multiplayer games. Whenever you play, try to check if the delay is consistent with someone selecting the research hero, and report to me if it is.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  5. PastTime

PastTime

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. Total_Warrior

Total_Warrior

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think I've played since paratroopers were introduced. Game night please.

7. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I will totally arrange a game night once the the first weeks of university are finished, right now i just need to sleep the little free time i have.

8. _facker_

_facker_

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice! You has made many models but where you get others model?:vw_wtf:

9. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  10. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Glad to hear you've come back to your roots, I think this is the best Christmas present for Marcus.

I would love to talk to you more about the future of World In Flames, as I was once much invested in this project. I hope you can come back to me soon.

11. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New update wow no one expected for this update. I'm hoping to see more updates in the future.

12. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can tell you straight away that there is a new update coming VERY soon.

Hint: It will feature Chinese and Italians!

13. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Custom models for chinese and italian infantry? New vehicles?

Are you planning for better models for the new update? Since the map limit was raised?

14. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    All of the above!

15. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OH yes I'm looking forward to this!

16. Zuasfadas

Zuasfadas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Me too, I'm glad that you've come back to your project!

I would be very happy to make this map very popular since I have a lot of friends that like any game that presents good and accurate models about the WW2 just like yours. (Me and 9 friends of mine have started to play again WiF 3 months ago, and two of them told me that they actually play with their acquaintances too!)

With some little changes and with your unique features and awesome models, I think that this map could be one of the best WW2 Warcraft mods ever.

17. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Version 1.5b is released! This version brings some rather significant changes to the map, such as the way armor piercing damage is applied, and also how submarines work. Also, Italy gets some love with a brand new navy of models, a new infantry model, and two new tanks! Also, FINALLY, China has their own infantry model - which frankly puts all the other infantry models to shame!

You can find the new version >HERE<!

Screen Shot 02-16-17 at 07.46 PM 001.PNG Screen Shot 02-16-17 at 07.47 PM 002.PNG Screen Shot 04-29-17 at 03.56 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 04-29-17 at 04.03 PM 001.PNG
    Screen Shot 04-29-17 at 03.58 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 04-29-17 at 03.55 PM.PNG
    • New model for Chinese infantry. Their unit is now also cheaper and trains faster than before, though they are still pretty shit.
    • Increased defenses everywhere to slow down the pace at game start
    • New infantry and tank models for Italy. Italian infantry has new stats.
    • New Italian battleship and cruiser models.
    • New Italian tanks: Fiat L6 light tank and Semovente 47 tank destroyer. The L6 is probably the best light tank in the game, but it's the only saving grace for the otherwise mediocre Italian armor. The Semovente 47 is unique in that it is based on the L6 chassis and therefore only slightly slower and more armored. It is a cheap, mobile and low-tier unit in contrast to the otherwise slow and heavy tank destroyers of the other nations. A common trait for all Italian tanks is that they they have a very high chance to get critted by armor piercing attacks (similar to the Japanese tanks).
    • New Italian cruiser: the Zara-class. This is an overall excellent ship with good AA, high damage, and above-average speed.
    • Increased submarine oxygen to 250, reduced life by 25.
    • Added new sink bomb attack to destroyers. They are now the only unit capable of attacking submerged submarines.
    • Tiger tanks no longer take extra damage from artillery (removed the "high projectile trajectory" ability). Instead, siege attacks do more damage vs heavy armor in general.
    • Armor Piercing attacks now deal more damage to heavy armored units and less to light armored (due to overpenetration), rather than the other way around. This will likely fuck up all balance in the map. AT-guns are now worthless against light tanks but great against tigers. Submarines are less effective against destroyers but better against battleships.
    • Reduced the damage of all AT-guns by 1 since i suspect that they might otherwise become too powerful for their price with the new damage changes.
    • The game will now enter cinematic mode for 10 seconds on map start to allow people to read the starting text in peace.
    • Fixed the ugly white box blinking around the torpedo model.
    • Increased the vision radius of sea control points to give them more influence over naval superiority.
    • Added a transport ship to Finland to give them a fallback plan and some more options in the Baltic Sea.
    • Italian destroyers can now drop naval mines, which work similar to tank mines.
    • All doctrines will now have their bonuses properly applied. Also increased the bonus fuel time for the first level of the Air Doctrine from 5 to 10.

18. Valandil

Valandil

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is so well made, you have putt so much forces in it . Well done Fingolfin !

19. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll test this map soon.

I'm still hoping for an AI version.

20. Excalibrs

Excalibrs

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is great,I like it.