1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Fingolfin, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There already are such advantages. You can find stats on http://worldinflames.se/units.php.

German tanks have more hit points and damage but less speed and high production/upkeep cost, while russian tanks are fast, cheap, and harder to penetrate (through the armor penetration system used with piercing shots) although they have less hit points and damage. American/british tanks are cheap and have very low upkeep, while japanese tanks are crap overal. ;)

2. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
  3. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:
    Make china a bit weaker and make it like HELL! make it as hellish as possible for everyone

4. Destroyer25

Destroyer25

Resources:
    Resources:
    China should only occupy 40% of Japan's income, not sure how much they have now.

5. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please do not post your requests in this thread!!!!

All models will be released in time. I will not make any new ones for you.

6. HOooDy

HOooDy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats no a request just an idea !

7. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man power really needs to be impletmented in someway its kinda bullcrap how Every nation can out number the chinese i think only ones who could are The British and Russians

8. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Two seconds ago you wanted to nerf the chinese?
    China has the cheapest and most fast produced infantry (even more so than the russians) so that should solve itself.

Frankly i have not understood anything you guys have been trying to say the last five posts or so

9. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:
    okay tried new version fixed alot of stuff thanks and i saw the To-Do list: it was Epic i hope u add events and modes soon.

10. Destroyer25

Destroyer25

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was saying that China should only have 40% of Japan's income, as China occupied about 40% of Japan's forces during the war.

11. CrimsonDeath

CrimsonDeath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Doing some progress fin and Vuorma?

12. Vuormalainen

Vuormalainen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  13. CrimsonDeath

CrimsonDeath

Resources:
    Resources:
    You guys once talked about the option to choose only one of the theatres (European or Asian). When will that be possible?

14. Vuormalainen

Vuormalainen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Could probably get that into 1.2 as well, thanks for the reminder :)

But we plan to make it exclusive to the european theather though as the asian theater alone isn't well balanced. (China, UK, USA, Soviet all allies vs poor axis Japan)

15. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Vuorma has done some great progress on the voting dialog, so we should be able to have that in the next version.

Also, i will soon be posting some shots of the now finished V2 MODEL OOOHHHH MYYYY GOOODD!!!!"#"

16. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can't wait to see that sexy V2. Btw, top of the morning to you Fin. :ogre_haosis:

17. CrimsonDeath

CrimsonDeath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds Awesome guys! I am looking forward :goblin_good_job:

18. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fingo didn't you said before about certain bonuses to countries? For example: Japan with a buff for naval units, UK with a buff for air units... I guess it was something like that.

I was reading a certain article suggested by someone in the website, about tanks, and I end up reading that the Japanese made out with some interesting researches about armor. For example, they were pioneers in developing amphibious tanks. Perhaps there could be a little research to improve Japanese armor, since it really sucks...

19. Destroyer25

Destroyer25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Japanese armor was inherently bad though. Despite having some amphibious AFVs, which were pretty useless anyway because Japan was on the defensive for most of the war, most of their kit was substandard.

20. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was playing with the thought of having amphibious tanks for a while, but it is very hard to implement since you can't limit the distance a unit can travel in water (theese kind of tanks would only travel short distances in the water, and could not travel on open sea).
    Also, balance-wise, japan is very strong in many other fields such as navy, infantry (with the help of an officer) and a very decent airforce, so the lousy tanks was just a drawback intended to even this out.