1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Vote for the best entries in the 13th Music Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Fingolfin, Jul 16, 2010.

1. HOooDy

HOooDy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lets stop spamming ... Try to make this one
    UNDERWATER GIANT - In 1942, Japan commenced building the world's biggest submarines. The 400 foot long I-400 series had a displacement of 3,530 tons and were intended to destroy the Pacific exit of the Panama Canal. They could cruise 37,500 miles and dive to a depth of 325 feet. Each of the I-400s could carry three specially designed seaplane bombers which were dismantled and stored in a watertight hanger inside the submarine. Only three were completed before the end of the Pacific war and survived the massive American bombing of Japan's naval bases. All three were captured and destroyed by the Americans in
    April, 1946.
    [​IMG]

This is my favourite :

SUICIDE?

Stalin's son, Yakov Djugashvili, from his first wife Ekaterina, now a 2nd Lieutenant in the artillery corps, was captured on May 16, 1942 and interned in the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp where he was later shot while trying to escape. (Some sources say he committed suicide by throwing himself at the perimeter fence to force the guards to shoot him) In 1943, an attempt was made by the Germans to exchange Yakov for Field Marshal Paulus who was captured after the fall of Stalingrad. The request was refused by Stalin. Although he grieved for his 36 year old son he is quoted as saying "I will not exchange a private for a Field Marshal".

Over two million Soviet prisoners of war were liberated by the Red Army. All were to suffer at the hands of Stalin who always maintained that Russia had no POWs in German hands. All were considered traitors to the Motherland for allowing themselves to be captured.

2. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've actually been to the sachsenhausen concentration camp, it was pretty creepy. Most of the barracks had been mowed down to be used as a soviet tank parking spot in the war though, but the furnaces, administration HQ and the "prison" was still intact.

I have had suggestions of the I-1400 earlier, and i think it is really cool, BUT, as i stated earlier, we are out of space.

3. PastTime

PastTime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah these concentration camps bring really weird feeling when watching them. I've been to Auschwitz a couple of times, mostly as a guide for my foreign friends. I think it's too cruel and terryfing to just imagine how it looked like. Honestly I wouldn't like to be there in the time of massive murders.

I can't suggest anything more since you're out of space for this map, perhaps some system, minor features but those are things that are needed to be discussed, it would be really good if you made a full list of features. I know it's a lot of text to type but it would prevent people from posting same stuff all the time.

4. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can suggest aircraft with a working system lol.

5. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol xRiotZx, what do you know about that anyways? :O

6. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well it's pretty easy to produce in fact I've played a few maps with it in them.

7. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not with my system, i assure you. Sure, it has a couple of bugs at the moment, but nothing that can't be sorted before we release.

@PastTime: I will see what i can do about that; we should propably update the first page of this thread with some features aswell.
    There is certainly room to add more to WiF though, it is just that some of the models people are suggesting have roles that are a bit to obscure for them to justify the space i have to reserve, now that we don't have that much left.

8. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see Fin's got busy lately with expanding the map size, hehe...

9. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:
    1 hour dl on 5kb/s this is basicly a mod now.

10. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    My grandma has faster dl speed than 5kbps.

11. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:
    lololol it took a person to DL a 0.86mb map 10 mins with 5kb/s

12. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I get close to a mbps download speed. D:

13. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    whens the beta coming out?i'm soo excited!

14. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah!? :p

15. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very soon.
    I will upload images of the Graf Zeppelin shortly. Then it is only the Yak-9 left.
    Also, i will let Garfield have a look at my airplane system and see if he can't find out why some planes randomly freeze.

16. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heh. So excited about this!

17. HOooDy

HOooDy

Resources:
    Resources:
    My FAVOURITE JAPANESE ATTACK STYLE

Banzai charge (from the Japanese battle cry "banzai") was a term applied during World War II by the Allied forces to human wave attacks mounted by infantry forces of the Imperial Japanese Army. The name Gyokusai (Japanese: 玉砕, honorable suicide; literally "jade shards") was however used by the Naikaku Johōkyoku (Cabinet Information Bureau) and the media of the Imperial Japanese regime. These attacks were usually launched as a suicide attack to avoid surrender and dishonor or as a final attempt at maximizing the odds of success in the face of usually numerically superior Allied forces.

18. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Japanese officers have a "BANZAI" ability, that causes all nearby infantry units to charge with their bayonets/katanas/rifle butts (depending on class) :)

19. HOooDy

HOooDy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo ... !! EXCITED About THat ! BLOOOOOOODY !!!

20. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Good luck with project. I am waiting :)