1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ww 3?

Discussion in 'Medivh's Tower' started by Maestros, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Maestros

Maestros

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Woao, this escalated quickly.

2. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Elaborate away! Until you do, I am unable to debate anything.

3. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    Idk if it helps, but Einstein said that WW3 will be fought with rockets and nukes and than WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones.

Maybe humanity is aware of this. Maybe humanity realizes that, a real World War now would just be one in which everyone looses.

I personally believe that wars are now fought economically rather than with weapons and armies.

4. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^ That's what I said too, I doubt NO ONE will dare to use them eventually. Of course a WW3 could be a simple bash n smash, then 'Oops let's stop before the game gets rude' OR someone will repeat Hitler and using nukes will be normal. History repeats itself they say, afterall.

5. ManYouAreEvil

ManYouAreEvil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Repeat Hitler and using nukes will be normal?
    Hitler never used any nukes.

6. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    He said "Hitler AND using nukes", not "Hitler using nukes".

Get your english straight god dammit.

7. ManYouAreEvil

ManYouAreEvil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why are you so hostile? No reason for this.
    Well, it underlies some indication that Hitler would use nukes given that he had them, which I would not directly go against but you don't have to go as far as being Hitler to drop them. I mean the only atom bombs dropped so far on humans has been dropped by order of Truman.

If Hitler was in a control right as of now, with the nuclear stalemate condition, I'm not that sure that he would drop nuclear bombs upon other countries risking his own country being stricken one aswell in a retaliation action.

8. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you read it with an english accent, it becomes funny.

No, but you have to be Hitler to mass murder jews and gypsies.

So basically it was about a guy, who is a genocider and also drops nukes.

Edit: And furthermore, if I came on as aggressive, you should know that this is Medivh's Tower. Where you need to be able to understand english correctly and also have a basic sense of logic.

9. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's a hard to understand what Elmtor is trying to convey when he can't into english.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  10. Verhalthur

Verhalthur

Resources:
    Tools:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I am of the belief that World War III is impossible under the current (however fragile) international law. There are just too many countries that are dedicated to preserving the peace for it to be shattered so spectacularly. If anyone attempted to begin such a major war, it would be over in a flash. NATO is such an incredible military force that a solitary country or a group of medium sized countries opposing it would be defeated in a week.

11. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^ Yes, the international laws are what keeps the peace but exactly some guy like Hitler will come and say 'screw intl. agreements' I have the resources, let's start it'. Afterall human beings aren't improving as a race, maybe a little but it may take a hundred years or more to behave more like... beings more developed than animals even though we have technology. Killing each other makes people animals with guns hurr hurr

These 'I can't speak English' jokes are getting old, boring and irrelevant especially when it comes to me (especially if we will be Grammar Nazi and have to write English with a capital letter). When something is not clear it's because I may skip some explanations and jump forward. But the current sentence was more than clear, I've studied WW2 well enough, don't worry. Yes I meant someone LIKE Hitler and adding nukes too.

12. Verhalthur

Verhalthur

Resources:
    Tools:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It is true. Someone with enough control over a population of a nation could come along and ignore international agreements, but as soon as that happens the entire world would unit against them.

Instead of being a world war involving groups of powerful nations, it would be the world vs. one nation, and the conflict would be over quickly.

13. ManYouAreEvil

ManYouAreEvil

Resources:
    Resources:
    I doubt that the Hitler criteria is what is necessary to create a world war 3.

14. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    Facepalm.

15. ManYouAreEvil

ManYouAreEvil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uh huh, are you implying otherwise.
    Even if we would have a new Hitler, I doubt that he would cause a world war.

16. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What has Hitler got to do with any of this?
    After all, Hitler never even started a world war.

On topic, a third world war of some sort is unfortunately something I find inevtiable, whether it's about power, dominance, resources or something entirely different.

Is this war going to be nuclear? Certainly not initially, but admist the chaos that is a world war, anything, including the very unlikely, is suddenly very much possible.

From my perspective, the future looks very dark (and not only because the black population is growing expontentially, :xxd:).

17. ManYouAreEvil

ManYouAreEvil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why is this your conclusion, as I see it nothing is, as of today, pointings towards a world war.

Very funny,
    but wouldn't the future look very bright (not only because the white population is growing expontentially)

18. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A coming world war is inevitable for several reasons:

*We're running out of resources. We're consuming more than the Earth, and our population is growing like the spread of wildfire in a dry forest. In the future it is very likely that oil, energy, food and other resources will be worth fighting for (we can already see today how the west is trying to obtain control over more and more of the world's oil assets).

*The collapse of economies, and with it the rise of radicals such as communists and nationalists. A concrete example is Greece whose economy has collapsed completely and where radicals made great victories in their latest election. Why does this matter? It is possible that a second coming of communism or another radical ideology could lead to war between disagreeing nations, and wars can ecalate quickly (WW1, for instance).

*The situation in the Mid. East. For instance, a war between Israel and Iran would lead to measureable consequenses for the world as a whole, not to mention the countries that could potentially join such a war on either side (USA, EU nations, Lebanon, Syria, China etc).

etc. etc.

It is of course impossible for me to pinpoint why we're going to have a war, but looking at the chaos that is the world today, I can say that it's inevitable.

Source? Nevermind, this isn't the direct topic of this thread.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  19. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^Well at one point it will happen.

But I don't think it would happen in the near future (while we still live).

20. Verhalthur

Verhalthur

Resources:
    Tools:
    Template:
    Resources:
    If you look at the past few centuries, the United States is at war at least twice in every person's lifetime. I do think there will be another war in the near future, but a world war requires the involvement of nations across the globe and the current sytem of global politics is too good for that.