Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wurst Missile System

Discussion in 'The Lab' started by Lake, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Watsuby

Watsuby

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dang pretty sweet seeing all of these resources!

Didn't know about that. That was the only map I had played recently so I was most familiar with how the game mechanics were directly translating to the code.

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere but is there a good way to generate projectiles and throw them at certain attachment points?
    With the projectile system, the projectile impacts the target unit's origin.
    With a dummy projectile based off of shadowstrike/acid bomb, the projectile spawns from the caster's origin (cause dummy is spawned at caster origin).

2. Lake

Lake

Resources:
    Resources:
    What I'm doing, is to make it possible to hit the unit at a certain z-offset. I believe this is the same way that Warcraft is doing it originally as well. If you go into the world editor and check out an unit there is some projectile offset thingy :)

3. Watsuby

Watsuby

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there any way to get this programmatically?
    It would be nice to know the z-offset of chest/head/overhead/etc.

4. Lake

Lake

Resources:
    Resources:
    For all the vertical attachment points (not hands i.e.) you could build a system which keeps data of the attachment point's z-offset from the unit's origin, such that you could use that in a missile system. I've considered to do this several times, but just the thought of it is super tidious.
    Other than that, I don't know of any solutions to get what you want :/

5. Watsuby

Watsuby

Resources:
    Resources:
    Darn, alright. I think I'll go the compromise route and just use some number.

6. Lake

Lake

Resources:
    Resources:
    It might be that someone has a genius idea for this - if I stumble upon one I'll let you know ;)

7. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    If you just want projectile motion, see the `Knockback3` library in the standard lib.

8. Lake

Lake

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would've never that I could use that :D Haha, well that's good to know. I have something working now however