• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wtf would blizzard put a 'fee' on WoW? (Poll included)

Do you think it's fair for WoW to have a fee

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Look at it this way, WoW is almost identical to Diablo 2 and it never had a fee. So why put a fee on this game? And why a internet-only game? Seriously, Blizzard is getting bored and out of ideas. The gaming industry is going downhill. Plz explain, cuz i really want to play WoW.

Level 7
[x] yes, it's fair, as wow needs much more traffic than diablo 2. besides of that, nearly all MMORPG have a fee.

Level 6
It costs 'fee' because there is people(workers) who is controlling World of Warcraft 24 hours a day. They keep preventing hackers, people who wanna download the game over net gets tracked by Blizzard, and it also costs a HELL of money for keeping up servers. The WoW ''workers'' also updates game and they also add new quests all/everytime each month, by the way it only costs 10-15 dollars, thats nothing......if you got an job its nothing...

Level 3
CraZy.FroG[B said:
] by the way it only costs 10-15 dollars, thats nothing......if you got an job its nothing...

And for some of us who don't? Come on, on D2 they say they stop hacking. The reason i'm on W3 now is bcause D2 reeks with hacking. Wouldn't they make more money with a half Warcraft/D2 combo? Then it'd probably cover up the costs.

Level 8
So everyone who doesn't have a job is screwed? That pisses me off so much that I wont even buy it!

Hell no, i'm not paying 15 dollars a month to play some game that seems to strongly resemble WC3...

At least Diablo 2 could have single players. Why not make a one player campaign so that people who DONT have jobs can actually play. I mean $180 a year, what a f*&^%$# ripoff... plus the $50 to buy the fricken game...

Yes it if fair, IF the had a single player as well... $50 isn't enough for someone who wont cost MORE money to play online?

Level 1
ok heres my thinking on this one. Blizzard will have a 15 dollar fee to play a month. That is fair and heres why, all that money is used to make the game better, faster, and gives them the resources to keep upgrading the game, adding new stuff, maybe a expansion pack even,
over all i do think its fair so we can enjoy the game for a long time down the road 8) :lol: :idea:

Level 12
It may not be fair to you or me (5 dollars per hour [most spent on food a phone]) but it's necessary

They will probably lower it eventually, especially when it's no longer in demand but otherwise suck it up, i'm sure your paarents won't mind paying an extra 15 dollars a month (180 a year i think), how much do you think they spend each christmas?

Unless you're pinching every penny to save up for the next big system, i'm sure 15 dollars won't kill you

Level 5
I also think that paying 5-15 dollars a month is well worth it. With all the money they're getting, Blizzard can upgrade the game to new hights, and make it even better than it already is. And the reason Diablo 2 doesn't cost a monthly fee is because it sucks. It has hackers galor now because they didn't have the money to prevent the hacker attacks. But with all the money they'll be getting from the fees, they could probably prevent any hacker. Also, I don't have a job either, but I can still afford 15 bucks a month.And, to PsychoMagnataur, and Shadow-Scythe-R, no one cares if you aren't going to buy the game. This thing is gonna make Blizzard even richer than they all ready are. Have you seen all the people who have gone on the beta testing? Do you honestly think that it will matter if two people (A.K.A. you guys) will make a difference? No. So you guys can have all the fun you want on Warcraft III, and Diablo II, while the rest of us play World of Warcraft. :D

Level 7
how... may I ask HOW THE HELL can you compare an mmorpg with Diablo 2? WoW is like a virtual life! D2 is but a series of clan vs clan games on bnet, and is so, so far of having the same community feeling as a mmorpg. And to cry for 15$ dollars, thats just "bleaaah"! What? Did you not know? ALL mmorpg is paid with creditcard, and you are required to have your parents sign up for you, if you are underage

I bet, as soon as you try a mmorpg, you realize why it has a monthly fee, and why it is so popular!

RaZoR - D2 have very little traffic compared to any mmorpg, WoW will be no exception

oof! I get so mad![/list]

Level 5
... 15 bucks a month, pff... that is chump change, and stfu, i know it is 180 a year, but hey phyco and all yall others, IT"S LIFE, and if you thing that is high, cars are 400-4000 a month(400 bieng like a VW bug, and 4k bieng like a firarih(spelling?) or Lamborgini, or all those other high class european cars) GET OVER IT, god

Level 12
Guys theres a reason this hasn't been posted for two days

Your a bit late lol
Otherwise good points

FF7- I believe people are already over it lol

Level 7
Umm...this is a complete no-brainer...acourse WoW should have a fee...did you even take the time to think about it before posting??? The fee will allow Blizzard to pay to keep the servers running +improve them, keep paying the DEV team to update the game with new things, and to keep the kiddies out.

Think about things before you post...and perhaps you need to view this as well:
http://users.adelphia.net/~kamel/Posting.html

Level 4
Pretty stupid post. Servers cost a shit load to keep up. Plus they had 40 servers just for open beta and they are to have more for Retail. You run 40+ servers with 2 gms in each one which all require money. Then update the game constantly to keep ahead of competition. The game is the best game i've ever played i never have nothing to do. Theres always something you can do thats fun no matter what level you are. D2 gets boring, I'll have to admit even Starcraft and Warcraft 3 get boring sometimes. As much as i love those games they will never been anywhere near as fun as wow is even in its stress test state. Please think before you post.

Level 6
i agrre with u. the fee is just fair. u cant get anything for nothing u know ppl. nothing is free in life. get used to it, cuse thats life and thats how it will be for ever.

Level 14
Don't know but it reminds me of S-F films where great corporations control people, and Matrix style films. I have strange feeling that Blizzard got everyone in hand, if they increase the fee reaction would be "Argh, no matter I must pay more, if I would have to lost my 999999 lvl Paladin oh I must pay"... Eh ...

Level 12
Against thread necromancy here, but I'll put my word on.

First, realize what they do with the money. Servers have to be paid to bring it up and service. Second, workers need the pay to build the new content and so forth. Third, realize not everything is ever free even on the internet.

I wouldn't mind playing Guild Wars if I can get it now, but that's not because of the free play.

Status
Not open for further replies.