• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Writing some of the many custom games for W3 - in other language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello people.
Warcraft 3 TFT is about to die, do you agree?
Not the same player base as when it first came out, guess people have grown older, the newer generation finds games like LOL or CoD more enjoyable.

SO, i wish to take one, two, or perhaps three much-loved custom maps, and re-create them - so that they become enjoyable outside of Warcraft.
How will this be possible?
Yes im hiring, if you, somebody you know, or a third - can help me with this, everyone will be happy.
Be it salary wise, game wise, or future gamers.

Please take contact

Level 1
Ghost, maybe it "has repeated it self" league of legends for example, or other moba games, the idea behind it came from Dota.
Now, as said i have a couple of maps which i wish to make all seperate games.
Online games.

And who am i? I dont have any experience in development.

Just thinking business.
Is that okay with you?

Level 25
I think what GhostWolf means with "has repeated itself" is that there have been hundreds of people with this same idea to make a game based on a Warcraft map, and 99% of the time nothing comes of it. Most people with this idea have no experience in seeing a project to its conclusion or managing other developers, and simply can't tell from the start of the project that it's doomed to fail.

The reason for asking who you are is to discover what you bring to the table in such a project. Have you managed a project before? Do you have the funds to pay developers to make your game for you? Do you have a project plan or game design document?

To make a full game this probably isn't the best place to ask. Most of us here are modders with limited skill sets. You'll need people with various skills: game development itself (e.g. Unity or Unreal engine), 2D art, 3D art, sound design, music, network coding, server developer, etc. To realistically make a working online game you'll need at least a small team of developers that have done this before.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I can do QA.

My CV:
anet-your_first_program-01.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29
It's ok with me, but I doubt it will be ok with you.
There were and are countless of people like you, going into forums, and posting how they want to make their own games, but the catch is...they don't have any development experience.
Why would I, or anyone else, who does have experience, want to join you?
You need to give some incentive.
An incentive usually comes in the form of a demo of your concept, which people will find cool, and want to work on.
An idea for a game isn't an incentive.
A Warcraft map isn't an incentive, unless you know it's extremely popular, like DotA.

So let me rephrase my last message. Why would I or anyone else want to join you? Having a solid answer to that is a good start.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
SO, i wish to take one, two, or perhaps three much-loved custom maps, and re-create them - so that they become enjoyable outside of Warcraft.
Which custom maps?

How will this be possible?
The same way all games are made. You either start by writing a game engine or modify an existing game engine to suit your needs.

Yes im hiring, if you, somebody you know, or a third - can help me with this, everyone will be happy.
You will need to be more specific about the hiring details. Such as pay, required skills etc.

As GhostWolf has emphasised, you are currently unlikely to get many serious applicants with what you have written due to how vague it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.