• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wrath of The Nothiäla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
A project I'm working on. This will be a campaign(or maybe multiple depending on how college works out in half years time) taking place in a fictional world. The Nothiäla are a race of elves who live secluded in forests, and have remained hidden from the world for several hundred years. Recently human forestry camps have started appearing in there homelands, and you must flush them out. One day you lead a small patrol out to take down one of these camps only to be betrayed by a fellow kinsmen and captured. There will be a large mixture of base building, puzzles, and "Kill these people within this amount of time" objectives. So let me know what you think(If I've put too little info i can update when I have some more spare time.

Level 9
sounds like an alternative of the original warcraft 3 campaigns. hmm, make it into a map like 'uther party' if u know what it is. wc3 is lacking this kinds of map and if u add it in it would be great. i would not recommend puzzles as it would be another riddle map.

Level 8
Timed objectives are good if done correctly. Bad examples would be:

Kill the human party within 5 minutes. What - are the human party going to stand there, fully prepared for 5 minutes before attacking? It makes little to know sense.

Get me 15 bear pelts within 10 minutes. Are you going to wander off or not accept them or something? Your meant to be on our side and you are setting a limit?

Good examples would be:

Retrieve the necronomicon before midnight. The undead will use it at midnight, when the power of darkness is highest, to destroy the world, so the time restraint is a good idea.

Find the lost princess before the wedding. The princess is meant to be getting married and the groom will be disheartened if she doesn't appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.