1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WoW is so boring

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Jaakko, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedeathunterxx

thedeathunterxx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    RP server ? wat is that ?

2. Mr.Chaos

Mr.Chaos

Resources:
    Resources:
  3. Malcous

Malcous

Resources:
    Resources:
    WoW is boring !

Vote for Wc4 ! :)

4. Dr. Boom

Dr. Boom

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Seas =)

I remember the WoW release =) - this was a day full of milk and honey for me and this was the best time on and with WoW. Since this time I played my Undead Mage =). Before Burning Crusade comes out the game was really cool.

But after BC and a couple of useless pachtes and weak every class ( only rogues they still strong =P ) the game gets totally boring. Since this time ( after BC comes out even the noobiest shit items was better as the high stuff from the normal WoW ) I stopped playing.

And look at WoW now ... It's more arena style. And if you are to bad for arena what you do? Farming Farming Farming - spend hours of hours ( and money ) that you still stand at one position, kill the same creep 1000 times for something u need =S

Somehow is WoW and DotA the same. If you started the game short time before and you do an mistake you get flamed - all leave the raid/game - ban - ignore - and so on.

WoW has NO! sense and makes NO! fun to play <-- /vote for: Pac-Man

5. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Whoa whoa whoa, what the shit man?
    THAT is vanilla WoW you are talking about. Nowadays it's just heroic after heroic and you are geared in less than 2 days to raid Icecrown Citadel. I don't even remember when I had to grind by killing hundreds of mobs. It takes absolutely no money to gear up just do like 30 heroics and BAM you are swimming in a pool of epic items. You can even get epic PvP gear by doing heroics for crying out loud.

Also Pac-Man is just grinding too.
    Grind those balls forever (that sounds kinky).

6. EMPerror

EMPerror

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok, i remember making my first post in the forum in this thread... and that was a long, LOOOONG time ago. But this thread still lives!

Now, WoW is usually played by people who want to do something constantly. If you're playing dota for a long time (like myself), you've most probably played each and every hero about 20 times minimum (i've played them a lot more, but just for instance). And it gets boring, but since there is always something new (you play with good players, kill roshan at lvl1, kill their fountain late game... or play with a noob techies, tell him to suicide in the towers and it will kill them, he gets mad at you, tell your friend to tell him to press alt+q+q for ultra power, he does it... guess what is next?), so you keep playing until you get absolutely fed up.

Same goes with WoW, except you play it for a longer time (as it takes a lot of time to level up and get 1337 and that's where the fun starts), but eventually, as you make 3 level 70 characters after deleting/selling/whatever 2 level 70 characters, it gets boring. You do the same stuff, if you play it any longer, it just repeats itself (your first character was dps... say, warrior. Then you played a priest healer. Then you thought of playing a mage. Finally you played a tank druid, and then that's it, you just keep playing the same roles, but with different characters which makes you play it a bit longer)

my point?

Both dota and wow are popular games, and yet, both have some kind of a monotony. If you think that's boring, you can't just walk out there, yell out "WOW IS BORING COME PLAY COUNTER STRIKE" and expect everyone to quit wow. Vise versa - if you play wow but hate CS, you can't go to a forum, start an "intelligent" thread saying that "cs is a mindless game, all you do is shoot. come play wow, it is hard, challenging and exciting" and expect to leave the forum without being flamed.

Just, leave WoW to people who like WoW, dota to people who like dota, CS to people who like CS and leave me a pie. And maybe $15.

7. Dr. Boom

Dr. Boom

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The vanilla WoW was for me the normal WoW time. No BC no WotLK - no addon. The time where you raid the total laggy molten core - where you be happy about T1 or better T2.

With Burning Crusade all hard farmable items are only junk T_T so the true WoW is gone.

With the arena - I didn't know but as I know blizzard to WoW arena Tournaments so I thought everything is more arena now.

8. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    What do you guys want for a game if nothing is allowed to change?

9. Narrat0r

Narrat0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    Something deep inside WoW addicts people. Is it simplicity, graphics, or the gameplay itself? Noone, even Blizzard, doesn't know.

10. EvilKnight

EvilKnight

Resources:
    Resources:
    But pac-man takes serious skill

11. Andreja

Andreja

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ow mai gawd this thread is still alive?

12. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Nice way to increase post count

13. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Kudos to this thread lasting about 2 years (will somebody please close this already?)

14. Huurka

Huurka

Resources:
    Resources:
    Who cares about post count anyway?

15. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Of course none of here are simply responding to what is truly a dead thread to increase our own post count, that is immoral (CLOSE THIS THREAD ALREADY, IT MUST DIE)

16. Darkness-4ever

Darkness-4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah close this thread!

Post #119 here I come!

17. Oohforf

Oohforf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, please close this thread.

It's from two years ago. >_>

18. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think we have reached a conclusion. WoW is so boring that you wanna post on forums about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.