1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WoW is so boring

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Jaakko, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll admit, it takes a sort of skill to play certain classes, but then again... ever hear of stunlocking and moonfire spamming? It's done so often I fall asleep in PvP.

2. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then, I guess you need to change class? ;) Or fight another way?

3. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't play world of warcraft anymore. I don't really care.

4. Huurka

Huurka

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try to keep an enemy stunlocked to death. It is fucking impossible.

5. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not impossible. You could do it every like 5 seconds (and it lasts for like 5 seconds)and it's only a problem against a warrior with that special passive skill... something that lets him regenerate health at a monumental rate when stunned. If you keep stunlocking him, he keeps healing.

6. inverted

inverted

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    um wtf? what stun lasts for 5 seconds and has a 5 second cooldown absolutely nothing, get a brain before commenting. You cheap shot, get combo points, kidney shot at the last second, vanish cheap shot, get combo points kidney shot, prep, vanish cheap shot, kidney shot. dead, its really hard to do. and there is nothing that makes you regain health that much when your stunned. get your facts straight pal. and if you dont care then why are you posting.

7. Don Corleone

Don Corleone

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow aint that boring...

8. Huurka

Huurka

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ever, ever heard of diminishing returns?

Go make some calculations.

On the second use of the same category of spell (e.g. slowing), that spell's duration is reduced by 50%

Source: wowwiki

9. Kwaliti

Kwaliti

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, be a lock, fear 3 times, the target is immune to 4th and beyond.

10. 777devil777

777devil777

Resources:
    Resources:
    Second Wind. One of the most important things for a Warrior PvP arms build.

11. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like I said, I don't really care that much about it. The goal is to get stronger so you could be stronger than other people and/or be able to kill a certain boss. That's IT. That's the game. Kill, kill, kill, ding!, kill, kill, kill... etc., all until you reach level whatever the hell and you could finally say you're a 'pro' because you sat so long on that game. One thing they should add in the next patch is an automatically updated list on an open spot in the UI that tells you what you could have done with the time you've wasted leveling and grinding.

12. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What really makes WoW fail is, that when you play the game, your not having fun...your doing work. It is like clocking into a job. Whyen i got my shaman to 70 and got full raid epics...i really was mad i wasted time on that crap. WARHAMMER ONLINE FTW!

13. Incarnation

Incarnation

Resources:
    Resources:
    [/offtopic at Trax]For the Emporor!!![/offtopic]

Blizz should stik to making RTS and diablo and such. They (no offence) failed at the MMORPG.

14. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Failed? Are you fucking serious? This is their most successful game to date. WoW has made Blizz more money and got them more recognition than every other game they've made combined and then multiplied by ten thousand.

It's as far from a failure as possible. They're dominating the MMO market, and they have been since it's launch.

15. Incarnation

Incarnation

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im not saying sails wise... People will buy anything these days.

As a game (lore, playability, etc.) it failed. BIG time. Sure a whole lot of 12 year old kids and lonly 40 year old men like it. Dosent mean its good. Just means its populer. Popularity is gained by people spreading word about it. "OMG this game, every1 is lik talking about it. It must be good :DDDDDDD!!!111!!!".

Meh could be wrong, but in my opinion its a fail.

16. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Huh, most people that play WoW at end game seem to be in their twenties. Games that are popular are usually good, for some weird reason, people like to play games they enjoy. Go figure.

Someone said WoW sucks because it's all leveling and killing, then you become "pro". He said something like that, which is totally wrong. Endgame is why people play. The leveling is fun for some, but most people don't like it. Endgame is where all the fun starts for most people.

17. Huurka

Huurka

Resources:
    Resources:
    May I ask why the hell you are here?

18. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Critical acclaim tends to side against you.

19. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why the hell can't they make the rest of the game 'fun', like you say? Please, I'm dieing to know why the hell I have to sit on my ass for three days straight (and suffer from sleep deprivation) just so I can get to 'endgame'. And even if I don't play all day, it would take a long time to get anywhere. I don't want to be bored and kill-kill-kill like a robot until I reach endgame. I want to have fun right away. At least in Lord of the Rings you're an important character in a series of instanced zones and such. I actually feel like I'm doing something, instead of just senseless killing.

20. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    "Why the hell can't they make the rest of the game 'fun', like you say?"
    Matter of opinion. I honestly thought that the leveling was fun.
    "Please, I'm dieing to know why the hell I have to sit on my ass for three days straight (and suffer from sleep deprivation) just so I can get to 'endgame'"
    Erh.. You don't have to...
    "And even if I don't play all day, it would take a long time to get anywhere"
    So? Don't you like to achieve stuff instead of eating from freaking silver spoon?
    "I don't want to be bored and kill-kill-kill like a robot until I reach endgame.
    At least in Lord of the Rings you're an important character in a series of instanced zones and such. I actually feel like I'm doing something, instead of just senseless killing."
    But you still are killing all the time and that makes you a hypocrite >_>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.