• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW: Battle of Azeroth [0.7]

142469-albums7295-picture84247.jpg
World of Warcraft: Battle of Azeroth is another World of Warcraft total conversion project of mine, it is an experimental mix between ORPG + Hero Arena with class change feature. Play as Human Alliance or Orcish Horde. Join the fiercing fight between the iconic two faction from World of Warcraft!
A project dedicated to those who want to kick Garrosh in the butt.

Your goal is to defeat 3 faction leaders of opposing side in order to win the game.

Check out my other World of Warcraft total-conversion project: Heroes Return, The Battleground and Clash of Legends

142469-albums7295-picture84244.jpg
You start the game as either basic melee or spell caster class that available: Warrior and Scholar for Human Alliance or Barbarian and Magi for Orcish Horde, and can change further into Advance Class when you reach level 15. Here is the current class change line and model preview. Classes concepts might be change as the update progressing by.

WoWBattleofAzeroth-ClassTrees.jpg
WoWBattleofAzeroth-AllianceClasses.jpg
WoWBattleofAzeroth-HordeClasses.jpg

142469-albums7295-picture84246.jpg
lastpost.gif
Total Conversion Materials from WoW
All materials has re-created, poly reduced, geomerged and edited by myself for the project usage purpose and finest size.

lastpost.gif
A Fantasy-Themed, Detailed Terrain
Featuring Stormwind and Orgrimmar as 2 great faction stronghold - With Elwynn Forest and Durotar as both faction respective leveling zone.

lastpost.gif
Limited and Upgradeable Items
Like in RPG element, Player can only carry 1 type of equipment, all items are upgradeable up to level 5 by Ore which you can bought on blacksmith! Backpack feature is also available on the map incase you're out of inventory.

lastpost.gif
Changeable Class
Be a heavy damage dealer like Orc Berserker, or a caster with cursing magic like Orc Warlock! Total of 16 (8 for Alliance and 8 for Horde) Advance Class variety of specializations which you can access when you reach level 15.

lastpost.gif
Custom Attachments
A fancy weapon and shield attachments from WoW itself to enchant your looks - with lowpoly revised for smaller size.

lastpost.gif
Interactive NPC
Communicate with NPC for blab, game info and some trivia about some iconic names from Human Alliance and Orcish Horde faction. Some notable names from both faction are coming as cameos as well. Some NPCs are also providing quests to helping you level up faster.

lastpost.gif
And More!

142469-albums7295-picture84248.jpg
The terrain featuring Stormwind City with Elwynn Forest as leveling sector for Alliance, and Orgrimmar (made Orgrimmar City Concept into "machinery looks" sort-of for certain reasons) with Durotar as leveling sector for Orcish Horde. Here are some first impression in-game screenshots. Terrain layout concepts might be change as the update progressing by.

WoWBattleofAzeroth-ScreenshotsAlliance003.jpg

WoWBattleofAzeroth-ScreenshotsAlliance001.jpg

WoWBattleofAzeroth-ScreenshotsAlliance002.jpg
WoWBattleofAzeroth-ScreenshotsHorde003.jpg

WoWBattleofAzeroth-ScreenshotsHorde001.jpg

WoWBattleofAzeroth-ScreenshotsHorde002.jpg

142469-albums7295-picture84245.jpg
Credits
Blizzard Entertainment (original World of Warcraft meshes, textures, icons and artworks), Ddahe, LongbowMan (WoW Models), Judash and JetFangInferno (SFXs), Paladon (Knockback System), CRAZYRUSSIAN (Command Interface Icons), JesusHipster (CastingBar Model), AnimE (Dropped Items base model mesh), Kitabake (Armor Item attachment model mesh)

Most of the materials I'm using are: re-created, edited, geomerged, poly reduced and Re-UVs by myself for this project purpose usage in order for the finest size and able to be played multiplayer as a WoW total conversion project.

Special Thanks: Blizzard Entertainment Various Artist

Changelog
- Fixed typos on tooltips and floating text
- Fixed Dranosh Saurfang second Horde Emblem II drop rate
- Fixed Horde Level 20+ Quest which previously can be taken by Both Faction
- Fixed Alliance Level 20+ Quest which previously can be taken by Both Faction
- Fixed 120 Gold drop which only receive 60 Gold
- Elixir price raised from 150 into 200
- Orgrimmar Item Vedor relocated
- Varian and Garrosh starting invulnerability refixed
- Killing enemy Player now will receive 150 base gold
- Creeps, Human Alliance NPC and Orcish Horde NPC kill message fixed
- Runes AoE reduced from 800 to 400
- Health Rune health restore effect reduced from 500 to 300
- Mana Rune mana restore effect reduced from 300 to 200
- Horde Emblem I and Horde Emblem II now cannot be sold to merchant
- Weapon Model - Gorehowl texture revised
- Revive time increased from 10 to 20 seconds
- Human Scholar and Human Wizard Class Base Attack Speed cooldown reduced by 0.20
- Human Priest Class Base Attack Speed cooldown reduced by 0.50
- Orc Magi and Orc Warlock Class Base Attack Speed cooldown reduced by 0.20
- Orc Shaman Class Base Attack Speed cooldown reduced by 0.50
- All Caster Class movement speed rate increased by 20 points
- All Caster Class base armor rate reduced by 2 points
- Human Paladin base armor rate increased by 2 points
- Human Warrior and Orc Barbarian base damage increased by 2
- Human Priest starting attributes revised
- Human Paladin starting attributes revised
- Orc Shaman starting attributes revised
- Orc Death Knight starting attributes revised
- Human Scholar: Arcane Missile base damage increased from 84 to 112
- Human Scholar: Magic Barrier duration reduced from 40 to 30
- Human Scholar: Magic Barrier cooldown reduced from 30 to 20
- Human Scholar: Magic Barrier damage absorb base damage reduced from 104 to 62
- Human Frost Mage: Frost Bolt base damage increased from 90 to 122
- Human Frost Mage: Blizzard base damage increased from 311 to 396
- Human Fire Mage: Fire Blast base damage increased from 99 to 132
- Human Fire Mage: Molten Armor base damage increased from 11 to 14
- Human Fire Mage: Inferno Blast base damage increased from 408 to 497
- Human Holy Priest: Penance base damage increased from 42 to 73
- Human Holy Priest: Circle of Healing heal scale per-level reduced from 64 to 44
- Human Holy Priest: Echo of Light AoE range increased from 500 to 1000
- Human Holy Priest: Echo of Light bounce target fixed
- Human Discipline Priest: Smite base damage increased from 51 to 83
- Human Discipline Priest: Angelic Blessing armor scale per-level reduced from 10 to 5
- Human Protection Paladin: Crusader Strike movement break reduced from 10 seconds to 8
- Human Protection Paladin: Grand Crusader armor bonus reduced from 26 to 20seconds
- Human Shadow Dark Knight: Possesion base duration increased from 2 to 3
- Human Shadow Dark Knight: Dreadful Presence base damage reduction increased from 2% to 4%
- Orc Magi: Lightning Bolt base damage increased from 87 to 113
- Orc Magi: Lightning Shield base damage increased from 10 to 13
- Orc Affliction Warlock: Soulburn base damage increased from 36 to 47
- Orc Affliction Warlock: Terror damage reduction base increased from 6% to 8%
- Orc Affliction Warlock: Havoc damage base increased from 381 to 469
- Orc Destruction Warlock: Soul Fire base damage increased from 99 to 136
- Orc Destruction Warlock: Harvest Life scale per-level reduced from 8 to 6
- Orc Destruction Warlock: Rain of Fire base damage increased from 319 to 405
- Orc Restoration Shaman: Earth Shock base damage increased from 52 to 74
- Orc Restoration Shaman: Earth Shock cooldown increased from 3 to 4
- Orc Restoration Shaman: Chain Heal heal scale per-level reduced from 80 to 50
- Orc Elemental Shaman: Chain Lightning base damage increased from 53 to 84
- Orc Elemental Shaman: Elemental Fury base damage increased from 403 to 495
- Orc Barbarian: Crazed Berserker base damage boost increased from 2 to 3
- Orc Frost Death Knight: Unholy Presence base movement reduction increased from 4% to 5%

- New Honor Vendor items: Pulsing Spellshield and Ward of Incantations
- Stormwind terrain revised
- Minimap revised
- Some new icons
- Some abilities visual revised
- Fixed some typo on tooltips
- Increase Varian and Garrosh Health Regeneration rate by 40
- Increase Tirion and Dranosh Health Regeneration rate by 20
- Model mesh update (with lowpoly mesh revised):
- Added Cloak for Human Paladin, Human Dark Knight and Orc Death Knight
- Added Lowpoly Revised Shoulder for Human Wizard and Human Priest
- Added Lowpoly Revised Shoulder for Orc Shaman and Orc Warlock
- Added Lowpoly Revised Shoulder for Human Scholar and Orc Magi based from Talon of Phoenix mesh
- Fixed Horde victory condition
- Fixed some name typos
- Added full credits list in-game
- Changed Paladin's Holy Shock from ranged to melee
- Changed Icons: Paladin's Holy Shock, Shalamayne and Visage of the Destroyer
- New Purple Upgradeable Armor in Honor Point Vendor: Robe of Dying Light and Meteor Plate
Released!

Keywords:
WoW, World of Warcraft, Cataclysm, Orc, Human, Alliance, Horde, Hero Arena, RPG, ORPG, Garrosh Hellscream, Varian Wrynn, Stormwind, Orgrimmar
Contents

WoW: Battle of Azeroth [0.7] (Map)

Reviews
10:03, 20th Jul 2014 Orcnet: For those who can't reach out the most epic role playing game known as 'World of Warcraft', I can say this is one of those modded games that can give you a small background and visuals of the said RPG. The game...
Level 5
Can I ask you how you've made the camera movement so smooth ?
And also are you girl or boy ?

About game:

Isn't it kinda weird that something made of water(water elemental) has mana burn spell ?
And I would appriciate little bit more quests than having to farm 1 quest 5 times.

The Corbet shneider says:
We have evacuate most people here to somewhere save.

I don't know if I'm right but I would rather say :
We have evacuated most people from Stormwind to somewhere safe.

or better :
We have evacuated most our people to the safe place where aren't any bloodthirsty orcs.

Last edited:
Level 14
Ah, thanks. +rep for the correction. I made at least 1 int-att creeps with mana burn for sapping purpose and elementals fit in better rather than the other beast or plant type creeps which I did put in.

You can set camera smoothing factor to 10-above for that.

Level 1
How to use Garrosh Hellscream as hero ? i tried him but it said i need to enter a "secret code" ... :( can u tell me ?

Level 1
How about add some more creeps and quests, i finished it a couple of times already! I played with my friends again and again and i kill them easily, itz getting boring.Also..A plant creep in a middle of a desert? My god it must be really hot for them

Level 14
How to use Garrosh Hellscream as hero ? i tried him but it said i need to enter a "secret code" ... :( can u tell me ?
Garrosh can't be played at the moment. :)

How about add some more creeps and quests, i finished it a couple of times already! I played with my friends again and again and i kill them easily, itz getting boring.Also..A plant creep in a middle of a desert? My god it must be really hot for them
I will updating it after I'm releasing current project I'm working on this week. How many players did you played with?

The Orgrimmar atmosphere which I created there aren't a hot barren so I believe it looked fine with Plant-typed creeps like them.

Level 14
Thank youu.

Another mesh update:
- Human Scholar and Orc Mage added shoulder made from Talon of the Phoenix as base mesh
- Human Wizard shoulder revised due to someone said the previous one looks like gundam's

142469-albums7366-picture86273.jpg

Level 5
The screenshot looks... delicious :)
One question, though.
How in hell did you make those WOW graphics?

Level 14
Blizzard Entertainment (original World of Warcraft meshes, textures, icons and artworks)

Most of the materials I'm using are: created, edited, geomerged, poly reduced and Re-UVs by myself for this project purpose usage in order for the finest size and able to be played multiplayer as a WoW total conversion project.

They are Blizzard's World of Warcaft materials as it's stated on the first page, which I re-created for wc3 projects usage purpose while WoW models originally has massive size.

==============================================
Edit:
Version 0.6 Released - Changelog
- New Honor Vendor items: Pulsing Spellshield and Ward of Incantations
- Stormwind terrain revised
- Minimap revised
- Some new icons
- Some abilities visual revised
- Fixed some typo on tooltips
- Increase Varian and Garrosh Health Regeneration rate by 40
- Increase Tirion and Dranosh Health Regeneration rate by 20
- Model mesh update (with lowpoly mesh revised):
- Added Cloak for Human Paladin, Human Dark Knight and Orc Death Knight
- Added Lowpoly Revised Shoulder for Human Wizard and Human Priest
- Added Lowpoly Revised Shoulder for Orc Shaman and Orc Warlock
- Added Lowpoly Revised Shoulder for Human Scholar and Orc Magi based from Talon of Phoenix mesh

Last edited:
Level 5
They are Blizzard's World of Warcaft materials as it's stated on the first page, which I re-created for wc3 projects usage purpose while WoW models originally has massive size.

Well, guess my bad habit of ignoring some of the map description is happening again :p

EDIT:
Alright. I played the game, and came up with a few suggestion.
1.Add more quest. 3 quest is not enough for me :p
2.Add more creep. This one is connected with number one.
3.Turn grunt & footman to Horde & Alliance Unit. It's a bit strange that a human can kill a footman on durotar :v
If you feel that it's unnessecary, feel free to ignore.

Level 14
Thanks, I appreciate those suggestions. However they made that way intentionally and size efficiency purpose, quests were optional and created for adding RPG elements and quicken leveling purpose, which is why 3 (each side) is enough imo as the map aren't designed as a massive ORPG.

+rep

Last edited:
Level 2
I love your WoW maps,i played Heroes Return with,my older brother and he likes it,too :D
I hope you can make more maps like this,keep it up! :D

Level 5
-andreariona
Okay, and +REP to you for making this map :)
Oh, and I found some mistakes in typing:
@Ogrimmar North Gate (The level should be 10 above)
@Horde's third mission (The description is Alliance's third mission)

-Kibougamine
She will make more of these, I think?

Level 6
One of the best map makers around.When you stop working on these maps it will be a great loss to the community.

so, thank you! The only thing I dislike is those secret codes. I have to play a class I don't like just so I can get to the good ones, It's to much like real life :)

Level 1
I like the idea and the map but there are a few things that NEED to be fixed.
1st of all you need to put some originality. All of the DPS classes (i havent played tank or heal) have the same abilities. Everyone has an aoe spell, a stat boost, a single target spell and a heal. They all scale with the same DMG each lvl. Everyone has the same base damage and attack speed (doesnt matter if you are a warrior or a caster). I can guess that you made it this way for the sake of balance, but you need to try and find it in another way.

Secondly you need to place some revive timers or bigger consequences after death. If you kill someone he revives instantly and loses a minimum amount of gold. Leading to him instantly going for your bosses again, which leads you to 24/7 defending and no chance of offense. (another way is adding cooldown to the teleports for each player separately, either way something needs to be done)

And lastly the Elite mobs. Lets start with their respawn. If you camp them alot they bug at some point and NEVER respawn again (this happened to me as an Alliance Warrior). I killed them about 6-7 times each before they stopped respawning. First it was only one of them, then both. This also happened with a few other mobs around the Alliance territory. The horde elites or any other mob didn't bug as my friend (A Horde Shaman) was farming them as much as I was mine.
And also It wont be bad if u add another Elite as I have the opinion that 2 aren't enough, but that is for you to decide.

The effects/skins/terrain are pretty nice so I bet you will make it better in the future :wink:

Level 14
-andreariona
Okay, and +REP to you for making this map :)
Oh, and I found some mistakes in typing:
@Ogrimmar North Gate (The level should be 10 above)
@Horde's third mission (The description is Alliance's third mission)

-Kibougamine
She will make more of these, I think?
Thank you for noticing those typos out, will be fixed on the next update. :)

One of the best map makers around.When you stop working on these maps it will be a great loss to the community.

so, thank you! The only thing I dislike is those secret codes. I have to play a class I don't like just so I can get to the good ones, It's to much like real life :)
Lol thank you for the compliments. Both Varian and Garrosh aren't playable yet actually.

I like it
Thanks for playing.

I like the idea and the map but there are a few things that NEED to be fixed.
1st of all you need to put some originality. All of the DPS classes (i havent played tank or heal) have the same abilities. Everyone has an aoe spell, a stat boost, a single target spell and a heal. They all scale with the same DMG each lvl. Everyone has the same base damage and attack speed (doesnt matter if you are a warrior or a caster). I can guess that you made it this way for the sake of balance, but you need to try and find it in another way.

Secondly you need to place some revive timers or bigger consequences after death. If you kill someone he revives instantly and loses a minimum amount of gold. Leading to him instantly going for your bosses again, which leads you to 24/7 defending and no chance of offense. (another way is adding cooldown to the teleports for each player separately, either way something needs to be done)

And lastly the Elite mobs. Lets start with their respawn. If you camp them alot they bug at some point and NEVER respawn again (this happened to me as an Alliance Warrior). I killed them about 6-7 times each before they stopped respawning. First it was only one of them, then both. This also happened with a few other mobs around the Alliance territory. The horde elites or any other mob didn't bug as my friend (A Horde Shaman) was farming them as much as I was mine.
And also It wont be bad if u add another Elite as I have the opinion that 2 aren't enough, but that is for you to decide.

The effects/skins/terrain are pretty nice so I bet you will make it better in the future :wink:
Which class specs have you played if I may know? If you compare Alliance classes with Horde classes, you might found some similarities since they made as a counterpart with certain difference, except Human Paladin with Orc Berserker. I've been revamping all caster heroes since yesterday based off from my experimental WoW PvP battling with AI. The current difference about caster and melee on current version is their spells damage - caster deals more spell damage (which now has been improved for next version), Melee has higher health while Caster has higher mana, starting attributes, and so on. Same class currently had same statistic, their abilities from choosen specs which made their difference.

I'm not really into huge gold reduction as a death consequence but higher warp cooldown sound like a good idea. Perhaps I'd increase the death timer as well.

This might be because of the distance between them, Elite in Horde region are far from each other - and creeps normally respawn when their respawn point aren't crowded. I'll fix this out. There will be some harder Elite as well in the future.

Thanks for sharing your feedbacks, really appreciate them as it's needed for a better version in the future. ;D +rep

Level 14
================================================
Massive Update Version 0.7 released with following changelogs
================================================

- Fixed typos on tooltips and floating text
- Fixed Dranosh Saurfang second Horde Emblem II drop rate
- Fixed Horde Level 20+ Quest which previously can be taken by Both Faction
- Fixed Alliance Level 20+ Quest which previously can be taken by Both Faction
- Fixed 120 Gold drop which only receive 60 Gold
- Elixir price raised from 150 into 200
- Orgrimmar Item Vedor relocated
- Varian and Garrosh starting invulnerability refixed
- Killing enemy Player now will receive 150 base gold
- Creeps, Human Alliance NPC and Orcish Horde NPC kill message fixed
- Runes AoE reduced from 800 to 400
- Health Rune health restore effect reduced from 500 to 300
- Mana Rune mana restore effect reduced from 300 to 200
- Horde Emblem I and Horde Emblem II now cannot be sold to merchant
- Weapon Model - Gorehowl texture revised
- Revive time increased from 10 to 20 seconds
- Human Scholar and Human Wizard Class Base Attack Speed cooldown reduced by 0.20
- Human Priest Class Base Attack Speed cooldown reduced by 0.50
- Orc Magi and Orc Warlock Class Base Attack Speed cooldown reduced by 0.20
- Orc Shaman Class Base Attack Speed cooldown reduced by 0.50
- All Caster Class movement speed rate increased by 20 points
- All Caster Class base armor rate reduced by 2 points
- Human Paladin base armor rate increased by 2 points
- Human Warrior and Orc Barbarian base damage increased by 2
- Human Priest starting attributes revised
- Human Paladin starting attributes revised
- Orc Shaman starting attributes revised
- Orc Death Knight starting attributes revised
- Human Scholar: Arcane Missile base damage increased from 84 to 112
- Human Scholar: Magic Barrier duration reduced from 40 to 30
- Human Scholar: Magic Barrier cooldown reduced from 30 to 20
- Human Scholar: Magic Barrier damage absorb base damage reduced from 104 to 62
- Human Frost Mage: Frost Bolt base damage increased from 90 to 122
- Human Frost Mage: Blizzard base damage increased from 311 to 396
- Human Fire Mage: Fire Blast base damage increased from 99 to 132
- Human Fire Mage: Molten Armor base damage increased from 11 to 14
- Human Fire Mage: Inferno Blast base damage increased from 408 to 497
- Human Holy Priest: Penance base damage increased from 42 to 73
- Human Holy Priest: Circle of Healing heal scale per-level reduced from 64 to 44
- Human Holy Priest: Echo of Light AoE range increased from 500 to 1000
- Human Holy Priest: Echo of Light bounce target fixed
- Human Discipline Priest: Smite base damage increased from 51 to 83
- Human Discipline Priest: Angelic Blessing armor scale per-level reduced from 10 to 5
- Human Protection Paladin: Crusader Strike movement break reduced from 10 seconds to 8
- Human Protection Paladin: Grand Crusader armor bonus reduced from 26 to 20seconds
- Human Shadow Dark Knight: Possesion base duration increased from 2 to 3
- Human Shadow Dark Knight: Dreadful Presence base damage reduction increased from 2% to 4%
- Orc Magi: Lightning Bolt base damage increased from 87 to 113
- Orc Magi: Lightning Shield base damage increased from 10 to 13
- Orc Affliction Warlock: Soulburn base damage increased from 36 to 47
- Orc Affliction Warlock: Terror damage reduction base increased from 6% to 8%
- Orc Affliction Warlock: Havoc damage base increased from 381 to 469
- Orc Destruction Warlock: Soul Fire base damage increased from 99 to 136
- Orc Destruction Warlock: Harvest Life scale per-level reduced from 8 to 6
- Orc Destruction Warlock: Rain of Fire base damage increased from 319 to 405
- Orc Restoration Shaman: Earth Shock base damage increased from 52 to 74
- Orc Restoration Shaman: Earth Shock cooldown increased from 3 to 4
- Orc Restoration Shaman: Chain Heal heal scale per-level reduced from 80 to 50
- Orc Elemental Shaman: Chain Lightning base damage increased from 53 to 84
- Orc Elemental Shaman: Elemental Fury base damage increased from 403 to 495
- Orc Barbarian: Crazed Berserker base damage boost increased from 2 to 3
- Orc Frost Death Knight: Unholy Presence base movement reduction increased from 4% to 5%

Level 1
The elite's respawn is still bugged, at least on human side. I killed them a few times then the weaker one stopped respawning for good and the other one had really long respawn time in comparison to in the beggining.

Level 1
It's really cool map with very cool concept but it lack alot of events and the most of the map isn't used. I'd say it kinda feels like WoW AV and these battlegrounds that alliance have advantage over the horde, in this map I'll say it's in the presence of quests and the placement of the mobs, basically it's the map layout and so on.

Level 6
Hello!
You don't understand how much I love this map, and all the other maps you have created. Thank you so much for making this map it's so nice!!!
Fangirling aside, this map is actually rather simple. To acquire rare equipment, you'll have to spend some time grinding and doing quests. And because I was soloing this map, killing the bosses took some time.
Though.
All in all, this is a great map
RECOMMENDED!