• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wotlk Cinematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I think this is one of the best cinematics blizzard created. Unlike the last two WOW's cinematic, which were made of pure action, this one focuses on the story behind the Lich King. It's like wc3 cinematics only with better graphics. Great job blizzard.

Level 4
GENERAL FANK. PLEZ MEK MODAL of dragon from trailer? ;D

na honestly it was awsome, my favorite so far

Level 13
While the cinematic was really well made, I kinda wished it had more. Like flashbacks or something.

Level 4
The dragons name is Sindragosa you silly billys here's yer proof:

"Sindragosa
The frostwyrm featured in the video is most likely (as in "not officially confirmed") Sindragosa. Little is known about her for the moment but through datamining we already know that she holds the title of <The Frost Queen> in game and is very closely related to Arthas. One of the subzone of Icecrown Glacier is also named Sindragosa's Fall. (Screenshots of the model of Sindragosa were obviously taken on a non-official server as Icecrown isn't available on live servers for the moment)"

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/august/sindragosa.jpg

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/august/sindragosasfall.jpg

Im so gonna rip her model from WoW, aswell as others and make a wc4 with starcraft 2's editor xD.

Level 10
Well, at first I was "Huh? Where's the Action? Where's the fun? Where's the 6 minute length super-video we got used to?"
Then I watched it again.
And again.
Now, dont take it personally, but I have been a warcraft fan since warcraft 2, and I'm quite a geek on the subject.
Even I was dissapointed a bit. At first.
But now, I still get shivers when I watch it the fity-eth time. Even if it still is quite short compared to the other videos (just a bit more then 3 minutes) :p

The undead army looks tiny, though, compared to what I thought he would have... not to mention there were only skeletons (Abomination ftw! ;D).
Dragon = pwn, but what else is new? :D

Level 13
Well I guess Blizzard left the whole action packed cinematic trailer to Warhammer Online (which has a new cinematic trailer out btw).

Level 9
It was pretty long, actually. The burning crusade's intro was less than 3 minutes (around 2:50.) and the first video was slightly longer than 3 minutes (because of the long "ten years for Warcraft" which last for almost 25 seconds!!!) but still shorter than this one. This
is one of the longest cinematics blizzard has ever created. But more importantly, it was by far better than the last two. There is enough action within the game; the intro is for presenting the story in my openion. I, for one, was happy to see another cinematic which focused on that, just like ROC and TFT intro cinematics.

Besides: I am tired of the cinematics in the style of "characters fighting other characters and doing stuff" it is boring and a bit lame.

Level 12
What this video didnt show, was the ten people behind Arthas, who sat there hitting him for ten minutes with fireballs and daggers until he died and they got phat lewtz.

Video was cool though, especially all the undead dudes with the blue fire in their throats.

Level 13
Amazing cinematic. Hate the game.

You know why? Because there's supposed to be a code that you get to key in that you get at some convention, and guess what you get? Frostmourne.

That's a load of crap.

Level 12
They should seriously make a movie around the lich king, like about WOTLK with him dying or something. Those epic themes for him are just AWESOME

Status
Not open for further replies.