• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worst forum design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Thanks, but unfortunately, it's not as shitty as I want it to be. But I guess it's a lot harder to design a shitty forum than a shitty website, since with you have a lot of presets and workspaces when designing a forum...

I'm looking for something this awful (well, not literally, but at least something in that way).

Imo, this forum kinda sucks (appearance-wise):
http://www.ruby-forum.com/

Thanks, this is better... I mean worse... you know what I mean :)

Thanks, but unfortunately, it's not as shitty as I want it to be. But I guess it's a lot harder to design a shitty forum than a shitty website, since with you have a lot of presets and workspaces when designing a forum...

I'm looking for something this awful (well, not literally, but at least something in that way).

Thanks, this is better... I mean worse... you know what I mean :)

Honestly, such forums really exist? It hurts my eyes :S

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

What the hell are you talking about? That Ruby-forum.com has a perfect design. If you want an awful forum, well what do you know, you're in one.

Level 7
What the hell are you talking about? That Ruby-forum.com has a perfect design. If you want an awful forum, well what do you know, you're in one.

Um... sorry but I dont really agree with the "That Ruby-forum.com has a perfect design." part : /

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well, there's the MacDonalds Ad which ruins it.. a lot. Otherwise it's excellent.

Level 6
This one, because there is no real spam forum like every other dang forum in the whole dang internet!

We need a spam place for the spam people to spam. It's like this; the SE forum was like the Riverview mental hospital. Sure, people felt uncomfortable about having crazy people living nearby, but when they shut it down, all the crazy people ran loose into the streets. And whose fault do you think that is?

Level 10
The problem is, most forums these days are built on a standard template or system which takes all the work out of making one, and which is designed in such a way that it won't destroy your retinas or cause you to impale yourself on the nearest sharp object on load. Standardised webpages, not so much, hence some of the utter CRAP out there.

Level 13

No. I find the design of this forum quite pleasing, it's comfortable to work in it.

That's great! I'm really sad that the forum doesn't look that way now, because I wanted a more representative screenshot :(. But this is the best one so far, tnx.

The User CP doesn't shows any important information, you can't subscribe to threads, actually theres nothing to tell you that you have posted on it. You can't upload your own avatar, and everything is far to get, you can see the new posts, but I can't give a filter of the posts you aready read. Everything is a big fucking mess.

I agree that it's quite difficult to find your way in it, but by "design" I meant graphic design. So I'm looking for something that I can show the students as an awful forum design, but it has to look really awful.

Those are pretty sweet, thanks! Unfortunately, they're not forums, but I'll think of something.

The problem is, most forums these days are built on a standard template or system which takes all the work out of making one, and which is designed in such a way that it won't destroy your retinas or cause you to impale yourself on the nearest sharp object on load. Standardised webpages, not so much, hence some of the utter CRAP out there.

That's actually a good point. I realized that a while ago, but I guess I was looking for an outdated forum.

I just realized that finding a horrible forum design is a lot harder than finding a good one... well, I guess that's a good thing :).

Anyways, thanks a lot guys, I'll work something out of your links. Btw, this is not closed, feel free to link anything else if you think of something.

Level 27
^_^.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.