1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

"WORLD PEACE" - Will this be just a dream?

Discussion in 'Medivh's Tower' started by neo_sluf, Jan 30, 2016.

1. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All of my life I am always thinking of this. Can we still achieve the "WORLD PEACE"? or never?

As I search for the answer, I slowly lost hope. Actually I come to this hypothesis....
    " It is in the nature of the humans that strong will always destroy the weak in order to consume planet resources wisely and ensure that new generations of humans will be strong enough to face challenges. So having no world peace keeps the Earth's living creatures to survive".

Also with so many religion, ideologies and beliefs it is so hard to achieve it.

Is there a way to achieve this or it will be just in our imagination?.

Share your ideas and answers. Please make this thread clean and within topic :ogre_haosis:

2. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    I personally feel that it's just a dream,with no chance of happening.Skin color,status,religion and gender are all things that causes people to judge,dislike or hate each other.According to my personal experience it's impossible to get along with people that are completely different

3. BlargHonk

BlargHonk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Total pipedream that can only be achieved through rampant imperialism and total destruction of collective identity and culture.

Wish for it all you like, but be careful of what you wish for.

4. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's affirmative, the Stronger always bit the weak on everything in this life, By giviing previlege to the big and let the little on the bottum, but if you take a very good look you'll find that no matter how the weak is and his condition he still worth a tons of time betterr then a stronge man.
    Humanity is meant to be this way since the begining of Mankind, everyone want to be the best on the top of the world '' a human dream '' and we'll do anything to survive.
    If you asking about " A world peace " that is not guaranty at all it just a dream for some people, you can't see what anyone else can see, what is his intention regarding the others.
    After all, it hurt so bad the feeling to see what happening in our world...

5. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think Pain in Naturo got a perfect understanding of peace.

6. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've heard somewhere that the only time world peace will be actually possible is that when there is no people in it at all, and I pretty much agree.

7. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Animals kill oneanother too, though it's war on a lower scale.

Packs against packs is uncommon but it happens.

8. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Animals are simple. If a bear envies another bear over the bear-ess, he kills him and takes the bearess as his. He does not persuade her with cheap jewelry and false promises that they can stride off to Alaska and eat honey from pine-cone trees and such :grin:

But, on topic, one guy also said to me that the chance that world peace could happen is if everyone was treated exactly the same. So no material differences whatsoever, basically. And I think that'd be a huge mistake.

9. maddeem

maddeem

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What a terribly boring world that would be. World peace is possible but likely only for very brief periods of time. In my opinion, humans generally enjoy conflict.

You would likely need a world power that could squash rebellious activity quickly. Definitely not something we'll see in our lifetime.

10. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why? Sorry about the off-topic, but if your don't mind, could you briefly elaborate that last part? I'm just curious because few people are into defending what you said, most opinions tend to say the opposite.

~~Back to topic~~

It depends. What is that peace you meant in your question? If it means:

A: To end all aggressiveness between humans at all.
    In this case I think it is impossible.

B: To end all declared war between nations and other institutionalized groups.
    I hope so, but I highly doubt. There are still too many conflicting interests going on between lots of groups of people (be the group a nation, a political party, etc).

However some people sit down and think of how could that be achieved, and end up with utopical proposals (like Zietgeist): typically large cultural changes where there would be no reason to have a conflicting interest with somebody else, in any scale (personal or national). I doubt there would be any major altruistic cultural changes that affect the world as a whole :p

11. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think world peace will be a dream. See if you can still see crimes like 'illegal' hackers, robbery, it is still not in peaceful condition. Even every wars or aggresiveness ends.

Aggresiveness is not as aggresive as war. Example someone fighting. In the later time they will give apology too.

Wars hopefully will end. But still, terrorist are still exist. Polices stopping terrorist can be considered war because they are engaging in large numbers.

12. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    World peace is possible in a theoretical sense. But considering how people are, probably not for a while longer. Despite what you might think, the situation in the world in general is (right now) better than it has ever been. But we're accustomed to mostly focusing on bad aspects on society, especially if we do not experience those things first hand, because then the whole "war" thing sounds somewhat foreign to us.

That being said, I'm a hard-sworn pacifist and I loathe every sort of war. I hate the whole idea of countries, actually. I hate any sort of supremacism. Except for one, you see - the only way a human is superior to another human, in my ideology, is if they are more peaceful. Those who are motivated to go about destroying human lives for whatever reason, are considered by me to be the true lower form of human beings. Not blacks, not gays, not muslims, not atheists, no, despite my convictions. But rather, people who want to kill other people with whatever messed up motivation (outside of self-defense, obviously) are - lower human beings, and I will (albeit peacefully) treat them as such.

13. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    here is an extract from the bible I think, I'm absolutely not sure and its probably not from the bible

'Man has killed man since the beginning of time, and so it should be'

I believe it later goes on to say that it is the process of evolution in learning better ways to kill your neighbour, which makes the human race strong.

the only real way to stop all the killing is to create devastating continental weapons of mass destruction, and give one to every country

everyone will be to afraid to fight because they would know the enemy has the exact same weapon, and, if ever one is used it will just further terrify people of war and using such weapons against some 1 with the same weapon

14. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I do not think nuclear weapons given to every country would provide world peace, all it takes is one nuthead to start a chain of events that ultimately destroys humanity.

15. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nah, it will happens, if no sooner; then when there is no humans left to wage war.

16. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Such a creative idea of weapons!

I'm a little confused with what you said but man may kill other humans too, right?

17. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, the mutual destruction theory is based on the assumption that sociopaths never get any power over military functions of a country.

And as we know, there have been (and still are) plenty of those. Giving more power to those people, HOPING that they would not destroy others because then they too would be destroyed is a far fetched (and a very dangerous) guess.

We live in a world where suicide bombers exist, and suddenly we think that giving such a power on a larger scale would warrant peace. That's just childish.

18. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    which means no more humans and as a result world peace ^^

but being a herbalist I would manufacture an addictive drug that makes people compassionate

there is a herb called compassionate sage which makes you care for others

let me build my list of herbs I would use
    compassionate sage(makes you care)
    chesty berry (removes lust and addiction)
    borage courage (calms and bring sense)
    peyote (heightens religious emotions)
    Lsd (increases Zen feeling)
    Christmases cherry(helps you understand yourself)
    machinga (gives you god powers to heal)
    madaphinal(increases intelligence)

2 of those are illegal but what the heck

remember suicide bombers are killing themselves because the world is blowing up their country... they are at war with us and are doing what ever they can to retaliate

if they were not being bombarded because they had an ultimate bomb like everyone else

no more suicidal tendency

19. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Also, world peace doesn't include humans. If the world is going for peace, then animals must lead the earth itself. Like when the era of Pangaea, the dinosaurs aren't like humans. The carnivores have reasons why they killed other dinos. It's to eat. But how about humans? They kill others but they don't eat them. 50% is reasoned.

20. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    you are posing a very difficult question. why do we kill if not just for survival?

emotion I guess comes into it, a lot of the time it is our pride that causes us to kill. humans are full of dangerous emotions

lust
    envy
    pride
    gluttony
    sloth
    hatered
    greed

we are different from animals in one major aspect. we are the only creatures on Earth that will work for more than want we need. A Pack of wolves will hunt and kill a deer, just enough to feed themselves, but humans will kill a whole herd of deer in order to hoard or make a profit by selling what they hunted.

in a way we want too much and that's why we war. A hunt of more than simply survival