1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World of Warhammer 40k

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by busterkomo, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I still want to know what kind of terrain and doodads and unit models will be used and I would like to know how the gun shot effects look.

mabye a mod team should be built and this turned into a full mod.

2. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    In my opinion, we all should start to make more detailed models and skins related to wh40k for starcraft 2. Probably when it would come out we will finished to make meshes and skins. :wink: The problem would be animations as they will probably have they own format :bored:

3. Jirinal

Jirinal

Resources:
    Resources:
    When you are used to play Pen and Paper you realy dont need explosions and other flashy things. Its a great thing to see the enemy loosing units in a round.
    Or surviving under the enemy fire. The dices bring the action into the game ;)
    Also the expression of a player when you shoot their tank with an almost impossible move and it will explode.

Also my 4 friends and me already got atleast 4 armys with over 10.000 points, since we started collecting 6 years ago where a Leman Russ was only 10Bucks :p

But you are right now the prices are ridicoulous.
    And i think it would be better to wait for SC2 with this mod, because the Physik Engine, i also think killed units in Sc2 will fly into the air and everything.

4. busterkomo

busterkomo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I recommend not making any Starcraft 2 models or skins for WH40k, instead i recommend building a large ammount for wc3 because when Starcraft 2 comes out, I'm porting this map over.

5. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    starcraft 2 will be a while off and starcraft 2 might not even have art tools released. And people will still play warcraft3 just not as many.

6. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sounds interesting. I haven't really bothered reading all of the posts, but I'm going to guess that this will be a Single-Player map or Campaign. If you plan on making it compatible for BNet, don't count on it. Battle Net's filesize limit of maps is 4MB and not one KB higher!

This project sounds interesting and once it gets a good team assembled, I will probably look forward to this... after some screenshots are released of course! WE NEED EYE-CANDY!
    ~Craka_J

7. Onelord

Onelord

Resources:
    Resources:
    When is the game finished i would love to test it

8. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I would love to test it also. Though not on battle net I perfer to take my time and look around at things.

9. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It sounds cool, but for futuristic projects, Id only start them if a large portion of models are already available.
    There have been many many 40k mods come and go over the years, so id recommend for something like this best to save it for Sc2.

Getting together a full team of modellers is near impossible, unless ure really lucky.

10. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah, lets take our info from the tabletop, which is designed to play on a TABLETOP(!) dark crusade is designed to work as a rts.

i apologize for flaming. sorry. that was stupid.
    ignore the "just play dow:dc" stuff.

11. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I still think this would make a fine warcraft mod. As starcraft 2 will take a while to get here even another 2 years. And not to mention it will be an entirely different format to try and work with.

12. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    *BUMP* so any progress on this project, mabye some.......SCREEEENIIES Yum I love screenies especially with lots of Demo sauce......and cheese.

13. Massive_attack

Massive_attack

Resources:
    Resources:
  14. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    AND ELDAR.....cause I want some eldar models especially a male farseer and some guardians.