1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World of Warcraft TSR 1.4

Submitted by Barade
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This map is based on the original map "World of Warcraft Reborn" by EvilPitlord and DeMoNiKuS. It is a simple open world RPG map.
I have added many new features such as higher hero levels and the new race Demons to the map as well as 24 players support and a new Outland area.
Therefore, the map requires the at least patch 1.29.

This is still a beta version. The following things are still unfinished:
  • Complete English translation (I've translated the initial modified version into German).
  • The Outland area (terrain and creep spots). At the moment the cliff types are not shown correctly.
  • Balancing (some hero abilities are just better than others on high levels ;)).

Even without all English translations you should be able to play it since it uses the standard Warcraft III hero abilities and units.

The map is unprotected and you are free to modify it but I would like you to give me feedback or help me with the translation.

This is the website of the project: tdauth/wowtsr

Here are some of the new features:
  • 24 players instead of 10.
  • Backpack system.
  • Repicking hero with the chat command "-repick" but not if enemies are in range (except for Theramore).
  • Increased maximum hero level.
  • Increased maximum hero ability levels (normal hero abilities up to level 12 and the ultimate ability up to level 9).
  • Every hero has the ability "Attribute Bonus" which has 100 levels.
  • Increased boss levels.
  • New heroes from the TFT expansions are available.
  • Trees have 5000 hitpoints which allows longer harvesting before restoring the trees.
  • Night Elves workers harvest 10 lumber per interval as balance.
  • The race item can be dropped.
  • Naga can build a shop.
  • Naga villagers can walk on water.
  • Increased the maximum supply to 300 and the supply cost levels to 100 and 200.
  • Added Outland area with a new boss and multiple goldmines.
  • "-nowin" replaced "nodefeat". The game can be won by killing the final boss in the Outland area.
  • Hand of God at level 35.
  • Warlords can reward Freelancers.
  • Players can give units to allied players (except for buildings, heroes and workers).
  • The hideout can be fortified with an upgrade which has 100 levels.
  • You can select a random hero now.
  • Freelancers gain more experience than warlords from killing hostile units.
It does also fix several bugs of the original map:
  • Maiev can be moved to Illidan.
  • Creeps will respawn again after buildings around them have been destroyed.
  • Summoned units won't respawn again like creeps.
Contents

World of Warcraft TSR 1.4 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I see no reason why an enhanced version (especially 24 players) wouldn't be approved too. I has not gotten any updates since 2007. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map...
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I see no reason why an enhanced version (especially 24 players) wouldn't be approved too. I has not gotten any updates since 2007.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P
    Video

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

2. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have updated the map with the following changes:
    • Outland Portals
    • Outland Creep Spots
    • More English Translations.
    • Fixed research dependency for Backpack of Demons.
    • Maiev will be revived.
    • Fixed enabling control over Illidan.
    • Made the Lich King much stronger.
    • Made some quest items invulnerable.
    • Improved hero selection camera.
    The whole map contains many dark portals now which allow you to enter the Outland area and to return to the different areas.

3. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Another update with more English translations and new features:
    - Repicking in the repick area does not reset the level to 1 anymore.
    - Increased food limit to 999.
    - Added research to improve infernals from the Hand of God.
    - Added demigod research to the large demon gate.
    - Increase the number Demons summoned by Demon Master.
    - Added upgrade for the hideout to improve the armour and hit points.
    - Add spellbook for hideout.
    - Reset hideout flag on repicking.
    - Hideouts produce more food.
    - Fixed some icons.
    - Fixed duration of big bad voodo.
    - Added Draenei quest.
    - Fountain of Life produces more food.
    - Increase repick time limit to 60 seconds.
    - Repicking is not allowed when enemies are withing a certain range.
    - Players can give units to another allied player (except buildings, workers and heroes).
    - Changed next and previous icons.

4. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Updated the map for the official release of patch 1.29.

5. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Another update with more English translations. Besides, all items are dropped and moved to Theramore now when repicking. This prevents the removal of quest items.

6. NightMareGod

NightMareGod

Resources:
    Resources:
    just downloaded the map and tried to play it and it pops up with a blank error and sends me back to the lan menu

7. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Are you using the latest patch 1.29?

8. Insanity_AI

Insanity_AI

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your map doesn't want to be hosted by bots because the filename is too long, shorten it up
    Also, desync at the hero selection, and cycling heroes causes massive lag spikes.
    wc3 version: 1.29.2

9. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The file name is fine when hosting manually, therefore the hostbot is broken.

I cannot reproduce the desync since I am not able to host games. Are you getting the desync when the camera pans to the selected hero? I had removed this pan before, so I will remove it again.

The only thing I can do about the lag is to pre-create all heroes somewhere and remove them.

edit:
    I made these updates:
    • Filename is now "wowtsr.w3x".
    • Preload heroes in the beginning (the units are created for player neutral passive and removed immediately afterwards).
    • Disabled camera pan in the beginning which hopefully fixes the desync.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  10. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Another small update:
    • Reduced the supply freelancers can have since warlords can give them units now.
    • Freelancers gain 10% more XP from killing hostile units.
    • The game mode cannot be rechosen when repicking. Otherwise, you could level a freelancer and then repick to build a base.
    • Fixed a bug when selecting a random hero.
    • More English translations.

11. Cristteer

Cristteer

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice with the map/quests/hero.... but with the boss a little difficult xD

12. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Are you talking about the final boss? The other bosses can be killed at certain levels or if you have a large army :)

13. Cristteer

Cristteer

Resources:
    Resources:
    with army its a little easy to defeat the boss... but only me without the army its much better, but more difficult

And for the base there is some upgrade that it can be upgraded, like the primal structure

and i think its some bug with the quests...

14. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice remake of an old classic.

- I think you should do something about mob spawns. It would be nice with each artifact boss being an actual boss fight instead of just a very strong creep using a few auto abilities. This would improve the map tremendously. Same can be said for Freelancer play in general. At times it is just a camp feast with no variation.

- The quest system should be reconsidered. In the old versions by Pitlord, every player could race against each other for a quest, but in your version, first player to get the quest item has basically won. I don't think that is fair.

- Consider all heroes - do they have meaningful abilities? Maybe allow heroes that would be useless as freelancers to have slightly modified abilities: An example would be the Paladin. He is strong except for the fact that his lvl 6 ability is useless with no army. Maybe give freelancer paladins a modified level 6 spell - something dealing a bit of damage for instance.

- Consider improving the terrain with better models. Now we can have huge file sizes for maps in Warcraft 3, so you may as well add some higher poly beautification.

Nice map overall!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  15. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, I will consider your suggestions. I think the quest system was the same in the previous map. If you pick up a quest item and your hero gets killed, the quest item should be placed at the location of the quest giving NPC. Maybe this doesn't already work with the backpack.

I will consider improving the gameplay for freelancers. In the latest version freelancers and warlords should play together in a team. A warlord can give units to the freelancer which the paladin could revive. Besides, a warlord can reward freelancers which should increase their XP.

16. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Also a bug:
    There are only 12 revive fountains with 24 players!

Furthermore: this map has a problem with the game memory limitation. Since you can easily play for hours and hours, the WC3 crash ruins the map at a certain point. I'm not sure what to do about it. Hopefully Blizzard will fix the hopelessly outdated system soon.

17. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thx, I will add revival fountains for the remaining 12 players. Do you know at which point the map did crash? Maybe it is a bug. Otherwise, I cannot do much about it.

18. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Unfortunately not. Only know that we had been playing for like 3-4 hours.

19. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, I can look for memory leaks. Btw. I think that the quest items are not dropped for the Night Elf, Human and Orc quests when the hero is killed. I will fix that, too. Quest items should always be moved back to the NPC when the hero is killed.