1. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

World of StarCraft Universe!

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Rui, Jul 16, 2011.

1. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lol but there is already one and it is called Storm Of The Imperial Sanctum by vjeux. In fact, like I played some Dota from time to time between melee in War3, now I do the same with this new dota. The deal about it is, if the game is frequently updated with heroes and fixes it will become pretty much like dota. Then you know Blizzard Dota will come which will have custom models and which will prevail of the two is hard to say but one thing is certain - there IS Dota in SC2 acting in the same way. The difference is that as the popularity system is made you see just one name Storm Of the Imperial.. and not a whole list with it. So it certainly won't hurt any other maps.

What I like about Dota is that it has this competitive feeling compared to other maps like RPGs and such and to some this is more fun than awesome terrain. And since majority don't like being competitive and just play for fun, that's what is not fun in Dota according to them.

Don't get me wrong, I play it for the lolz, Dota controling 1 hero compared to controling with armies is big lol. So I give the same amount of fuck about Storm of the Imperial Sanctum as I did for Dota. But if it is not updated as much as Dota on War3, vjeux's game won't last that long.

2. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There will be no DotA in SC2 IceFrog is making a standalone, I'm sure there will be plenty of rip-offs though.

3. Slaydon

Slaydon

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    im there :>, wanted to post this for some reason =U

hello hive

4. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^^

SOTIS is acting the same no matter if Icefrog or not, when Blizzard Dota comes it could replace Sotis. But now all play Sotis. I do it too from time to time. Im not that bad at it kicking ass sometimes unlike in war3 Dota.

5. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    At least once Heart of the Swarm is released, we'll know Blizzard wouldn't be agitating players who make mods any longer, considering they'll also be benefiting, and so will the modders. Yeah, it'd be nice to see that system, I'm gonna get the game at the end of the year:)

PS: But that doesn't mean I'll give Warcraft III up! I'll keep playing it forever.

6. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^ In Asia War3 is still very active, and by that I mean only in China. You wanna move there if you dont wanna miss the fun. You will be on the right way with sc2 but you may want to consider do you really want to buy WoL and HotS, will you play/use it as much as you do war3, do you have a suitable PC specs to run the game? Just throwing a suggestion, so that you dont remain disappointed considering your obsession with the old war3.

7. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What's left then, Diablo 2 or 3 being played actively in Vietnam?

8. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, China is not like Vietnam, most of the best players now are Chinese. China is for War3 and Dota what South Korea is for SC. China made War3 a national sport like Korea has done for SC previously. So it's still played a lot there but anywhere outside it would be casual, only ppl who can't afford SC2 or any game for that matter, play in Garena. And because regions neighboring China would be influenced to play war3 too.

9. Ilike

Ilike

Resources:
    Resources:
    Omg! im gonna play this for sure when it has released :eek:..

10. Avex

Avex

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty sure D2 is still pretty active in the U.S

11. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Have in mind that activity also increases when its sequel is to be released soon. Not sure of people played war2 before war3 but before SC2 lot's started playing Broodwar to get some training for the new game. Even I did it after not having played BW since the 90s. So quite a reason why on the verge of releasing D3 people started playing D2 which increased the activity suddenly.

12. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you haven't noticed, ProzaicMuze has created a thread for this map on our website. Check it out!

13. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Diablo II has only lost popularity so much due to bots ruining the game. One can not join a single multiplayer game without getting your screen blocked by advertisment spam. The market is also destroyed by bots selling rare items that one can never find anything to purchase with. I mostly blame retarded addbot owners who somehow think spamming the same line more than once will make one visit them more and not visit them with a semi-automatic and leave a big mess.

14. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sooo true.

15. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Last time i played D2 was before 1.10. You could get editors and add any items you want but I still played original version it just didnt count before 1.10 -Level 80 Druid Hell. And while I played original I saw Barbarians that wanted to kill me with walls of Text items. 1.10 removed all that shit and I had already played hard to EXP my hero wasnt gonna play again .. then came Warcraft 3, was 2001-2002/ ANyway this is SC2 Map thread in case u didnt notice.

16. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Diablo III would probably revive the Diablo community, while Starcraft II would attract more good modders like this in the future, so yeah it just takes time but Blizzard did do the smarter thing.