• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of StarCraft Universe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
@Statharas

I've read a lot of negative comments from you in here and a very blatant effort to convert this thread into an advertisement for your own project (Koprulu Incident).

If you're going to spend all of this energy being negative at least give examples why and what you think is better. Just spamming about your project in here and countering anyone who gives the project compliments almost makes you look jealous.

People are more likely to take you seriously if you can actually provide valid points. Those points would also help us at SCU improve our project, regardless of whether or not you're telling everyone this project isn't interesting to you.

Level 2
That's more your opinion than fact. If anything, it is silly that you're trying to make an MMO with your map given that it is impossible to do in the SC2 editor. Your project has all of the same limitations that we do, so your point really doesn't have any merit.

Our goal was never to recreate WoW in SC2. It was to allow players to experience StarCraft the same way WoW allowed players to explore WarCraft lore. Obviously there are many people who are eager to see this, so again, either provide some valid points that will allow us to understand your view or stop advertising your off-topic project in this thread.

Level 48
Stathars, to be honest, being an ass towards ProzaicMuze isn't very nice... He and his team obviously spent a lot of time working on their project, and so far it looks very promising. Saying that it's "FAR from the best map in SC2" and is "nowhere near WoW" isn't going to help them develop a better project, nor is it going to keep their motivation high.
Personally, I very much how this project is working out, but I most likely won't play it assuming that it gets into the marketplace(nor will I play any other Marketplace maps). If you manage to get a release before the Marketplace update though, I'd love to try it out. :)

Level 22
We're holding off on creating any sort of Zerg classes until after HOTS has been released so that we can see how the Zerg lore has evolved. At that point we'll see if playable Zerg characters is more appropriate.

This is a good approach, following the lore. Whatever I do, I always do it based on the current storyline, is a character dead, what happens to the rest, if something/someone is missing or dead I don't use it/him at all, as I like keeping that to the current SC2 events. And I had similar thoughts of zerg who lose their queen should not be organized anymore but merely like hostile critters, so this is good.

I don't take any sides, I don't play that type of custom (or any custom) games. So you can continue your discussion ^_^'

Stathars, to be honest, being an ass towards ProzaicMuze isn't very nice... He and his team obviously spent a lot of time working on their project, and so far it looks very promising. Saying that it's "FAR from the best map in SC2" and is "nowhere near WoW" isn't going to help them develop a better project, nor is it going to keep their motivation high.
Personally, I very much how this project is working out, but I most likely won't play it assuming that it gets into the marketplace(nor will I play any other Marketplace maps). If you manage to get a release before the Marketplace update though, I'd love to try it out. :)

I am not being an ass, he is, read up what he said to me.

You like it, but i find it like one of those RPGs you see everywhere.

Level 10
As a former map maker I am impressed by the Starcraft Universes Team Effort it is a great job on their part. Though I hope to see it become a Starcraft Catch on. Because lets face it I do not want to see DOTA rise in SC2, like it did in WC3.

Also @Stratharas please stop insulting other members of hiveworkshop, it is clear you are insulting them. They worked very hard on this.

Level 22
As a former map maker I am impressed by the Starcraft Universes Team Effort it is a great job on their part. Though I hope to see it become a Starcraft Catch on. Because lets face it I do not want to see DOTA rise in SC2, like it did in WC3.

Lol but there is already one and it is called Storm Of The Imperial Sanctum by vjeux. In fact, like I played some Dota from time to time between melee in War3, now I do the same with this new dota. The deal about it is, if the game is frequently updated with heroes and fixes it will become pretty much like dota. Then you know Blizzard Dota will come which will have custom models and which will prevail of the two is hard to say but one thing is certain - there IS Dota in SC2 acting in the same way. The difference is that as the popularity system is made you see just one name Storm Of the Imperial.. and not a whole list with it. So it certainly won't hurt any other maps.

What I like about Dota is that it has this competitive feeling compared to other maps like RPGs and such and to some this is more fun than awesome terrain. And since majority don't like being competitive and just play for fun, that's what is not fun in Dota according to them.

Don't get me wrong, I play it for the lolz, Dota controling 1 hero compared to controling with armies is big lol. So I give the same amount of fuck about Storm of the Imperial Sanctum as I did for Dota. But if it is not updated as much as Dota on War3, vjeux's game won't last that long.

Level 19
At least once Heart of the Swarm is released, we'll know Blizzard wouldn't be agitating players who make mods any longer, considering they'll also be benefiting, and so will the modders. Yeah, it'd be nice to see that system, I'm gonna get the game at the end of the year:)

PS: But that doesn't mean I'll give Warcraft III up! I'll keep playing it forever.

Level 22
^ In Asia War3 is still very active, and by that I mean only in China. You wanna move there if you dont wanna miss the fun. You will be on the right way with sc2 but you may want to consider do you really want to buy WoL and HotS, will you play/use it as much as you do war3, do you have a suitable PC specs to run the game? Just throwing a suggestion, so that you dont remain disappointed considering your obsession with the old war3.

Level 22
Well, China is not like Vietnam, most of the best players now are Chinese. China is for War3 and Dota what South Korea is for SC. China made War3 a national sport like Korea has done for SC previously. So it's still played a lot there but anywhere outside it would be casual, only ppl who can't afford SC2 or any game for that matter, play in Garena. And because regions neighboring China would be influenced to play war3 too.

Level 22
Have in mind that activity also increases when its sequel is to be released soon. Not sure of people played war2 before war3 but before SC2 lot's started playing Broodwar to get some training for the new game. Even I did it after not having played BW since the 90s. So quite a reason why on the verge of releasing D3 people started playing D2 which increased the activity suddenly.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Diablo II has only lost popularity so much due to bots ruining the game. One can not join a single multiplayer game without getting your screen blocked by advertisment spam. The market is also destroyed by bots selling rare items that one can never find anything to purchase with. I mostly blame retarded addbot owners who somehow think spamming the same line more than once will make one visit them more and not visit them with a semi-automatic and leave a big mess.

Level 22
Last time i played D2 was before 1.10. You could get editors and add any items you want but I still played original version it just didnt count before 1.10 -Level 80 Druid Hell. And while I played original I saw Barbarians that wanted to kill me with walls of Text items. 1.10 removed all that shit and I had already played hard to EXP my hero wasnt gonna play again .. then came Warcraft 3, was 2001-2002/ ANyway this is SC2 Map thread in case u didnt notice.

Level 19
Diablo III would probably revive the Diablo community, while Starcraft II would attract more good modders like this in the future, so yeah it just takes time but Blizzard did do the smarter thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.