• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Magic RPG 1.24

After months of work I finally finished the beta version of World of Magic Single Player RPG.

Story:
You are a young mage who wants to prove himself to the world and have to do various of quests in the world to advance to a higher stage.

Systems:
-Wands/staffs/rods:
You will always have one of these in your inventory, these will give you bonus damage to the magic you cast, but can also give various of special effects.

-Magic:
the usage of magic is your main and practically only way of damaging the enemy units. Magic is not an ability your hero has, but comes forth in items, with maximum 100 charges, everytime you use your staff/wand/rod it will use the magic in slot 2 of your hero's inventory. There is destructive, healing and effect magic, destructive magic is fire, blizzard, thunder, or later also fira, firaga, holy, quake, flare, etc. Healing magic is cure, cura, curaga and regen. Effect magic is blind, slow, protect, shell, stop and infection.
NEW FEATURE: Pressing the Up or Down arrow moves the items in your inventory Up or Down. This improves gameplay if you play with autocast, and even without.

-Drawing:
Drawing is what u need to do to obtain magic. This is a hero ability you use on enemy units. Each unit has a different magic you can draw from it, some units have the same magic, bosses mostly have better magic to draw from. You can draw 9 magic maximum each time you draw. Agility has an effect on the amount you draw.

-Healing/reviving:
You can carry an unlimited amount of potions, and these are shown on your leaderboard. Everytime you pick up a potion the number on your leaderboard will increase, and when you use a potion with the hero ability 'use potion', the number will decrease. There are also phoenix downs, aslong as you have more then 0, when you die you will be revived at the starting town. You can buy these in any town.

-Inventory:
The hero ability 'go to inventory' transports you to a closed area where all the items in the map you have collected will be available, like staffs, armor, potions u haven't picked up and magic.

-Armor:
You can imbue armor with magic you found. You need a 100 of the magic u want to imbue to do this. U can keep imbueing the same armor, but the effects will not stack, it will only have the effect of the last magic u imbued it with. Stronger magic=stronger armor.

-Summoning:
At a certain time in the game you will find summons (Ifrit, Shiva and Ramuh). When you cast the magic they are affiliated with there's a chance you summon them(shown on leaderboard). Later on you can find more summons, especially with the summoner class(see net).

-Classes:
At a certain time in the game you will be able to choose your class, these will have there own specialties and abilities. There are 4 classes you can choose from:
*Necromancer: this class is all about the raise dead spell. This is the only hero that can get the summon Ra'Qul, which is a skeleton summon.
*Priest: gives bonusses to healing spells and later on massive bonus to the holy spell. Priest also has an income that can be increased by doing quests.
*Summoner: has increased chance of summoning, can also find more summons and has some active summoning spells.
*Elementalist: this hero is all about destructive spells, for pure damage take this guy.

Classes also give bonusses when you do quests in the village they're from (you can take the portal in each town to transport to your village.

UPDATE:
Fixed Phoenix down leaderboard bug
Fixed ability icon location thx to callahan and that blue blob guy ^^
Mother wolf slightly weaker
Added cred for models which I forgot the first time.
Fixed some other small bugs

UPDATE 2:
Added Magic boxes in inventory.
Added Tips and Help as an optional quest.

FIX:
Removed magic boxes because can't solve bug.

UPDATE 3:
Terrain improved thanks to chilla_killa
Tips and help split up into 2 quests
Fountains arn't walkable anymore

Version 1.21
Fixed Slug Bug
Fixed Odin tip
Fixed terrain bug in dungeon where doodads block the path
Added some tile variation

Update:
Added minimap picture

Version 1.22
Fixed dummy units at borders of map
Fixed Bahamut's attack
Fixed village items bug
Fixed dark fog (the dark fog is still there, but now it goes off when u leave the area, and it's not as dark anymore)
Summoners wolves level 3 don't have perm invis anymore
Slug Summon fixed
Added tomes in Castle Shop

Version 1.23
Fixed some minor Bugs
Small Terrain changes
Added new spell: Essence (drawn from swamp minion)
New item: Essence Robe

Version 1.23b
Added possibility to end cinimatics for the ifrit, shiva and ramuh

Version 1.24
Added possibility to move items up and down by pressing the Up or Down Arrow key
Fixed visual bug with curaga, now the effects are see-able when u have full hp

Keywords:
Single rpg, magic, fantasy, RPG
Contents

World of Magic RPG 1.24 (Map)

Reviews
22:28, 16th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
I always get stuck in cinematic mode when I go to fight shiva. I didn't have this problem with ifirit. Since it stays in cinematic mode, I can't access the menu or anything, all I can do is quit.

Level 9
I always get stuck in cinematic mode when I go to fight shiva. I didn't have this problem with ifirit. Since it stays in cinematic mode, I can't access the menu or anything, all I can do is quit.

that's really weird, I never had that, but I remember you're not the only one that had it, I'll check it out, and if I don't see a bug I'll add the possibility to end the cinimatic with ESC

Level 3
I like this Map ^^ what about make it with a Save/load System and to a multiplayer Game?

Level 9
1 question: Can it be played on bnet? (still singleplayer)
If not: just add random computer to force 2, make it do absolutely nothing, so i can play while i whisper ppl :D

You can't play it on bnet, but if you really want that, you can just open it in editor and add a force(computer), it won't change anything about the map. It's not protected, I just won't do it cos I would feel silly to update the map for such a minor thing :p

Level 5
Then it's not so bad, even though I thought I fixed that, did u play the last version or dled this long ago? Even so you should still be able to see fine enough, I think u can reset it if you move to the starting town.

I downloaded this yesterday first time so I haven't played earlier versions. I'll try to go starting town and see if it helps :p

EDIT: Yeah it worked and I completed the whole RPG! Nice map:wink:

Last edited:
Level 3
3/5

Still needs work.

The target deselect/change when casting (auto) spells is very annoying. Ie when there are two targets, it will often change from attacking the one to the other for no reason after casting a spell. Please fix.

So is the "game over" message and result. Especially when it is so easy to lose. What would help would be a buyable teleport back to base. Because if you get stuck well into a maze/area and run out of potions you are screwed. Unless you are willing to leave it running while your character regenerates health in the inventory room...which shouldn't be necessary.

What would be a further help would be if your 'spirit' or 'magical essence' would be transported to some sort of underworld that you would need to fight your way out of in order to come back to life. It would give no xp or gold, and the difficulty would be based on player level. The boatman/whatever would also charge a certain amount of gold to take you back out.

Level 9
3/5

Still needs work.

The target deselect/change when casting (auto) spells is very annoying. Ie when there are two targets, it will often change from attacking the one to the other for no reason after casting a spell. Please fix.

So is the "game over" message and result. Especially when it is so easy to lose. What would help would be a buyable teleport back to base. Because if you get stuck well into a maze/area and run out of potions you are screwed. Unless you are willing to leave it running while your character regenerates health in the inventory room...which shouldn't be necessary.

What would be a further help would be if your 'spirit' or 'magical essence' would be transported to some sort of underworld that you would need to fight your way out of in order to come back to life. It would give no xp or gold, and the difficulty would be based on player level. The boatman/whatever would also charge a certain amount of gold to take you back out.

autocast is based on who you attack, if you just right click a unit it will keep casting on it till it's dead.

If you don't want to die buy phoenix downs, they're expensive but you can easily buy some after a while, also potions are very cheap, just buy a lot of them.

Level 3
autocast is based on who you attack, if you just right click a unit it will keep casting on it till it's dead.

It shifted targets several times in the game, even when I had right-clicked on someone. Not sure if I was doing something different, or whether it just occurs randomly. I was at the bottom of a small incline when it occurred the one time...

If you don't want to die buy phoenix downs, they're expensive but you can easily buy some after a while, also potions are very cheap, just buy a lot of them.

Clearly. I bought 20 for the ice-witch...wasn't enough by quite a bit.

Level 4
hey this is the second map of yours that I play (After the Aaron's one), and I really liked it aswell.
Here are my thoughts

Bugs:
*Some times there are some trees missing, and you can acces parts where you are not suppose to (at least I can recall you spots like that).
*Game really starts lagging at the last bosses, and the 4 villages last mission bosses. Laging hardcore. fps would drop to 1 or even less from 45¬55 average. there must be some memory leaks there. might have to do with elementalist casting double fireaga with 5-6 enemies around
*Attribute description says that you gain one agility damage per level, but dmg stays constant at 2-2
Things I really liked:
*The mechanics of the map. The whole draw/use magic thing.
*Being able to upgrade potions/exchange magic at the castle.
*Multiple classes (only tried elementalist though).
*Inventory "room" and how everything gets sortered in there.
*Quests: They made some sense cuz the quest giver would give an explanation why you had to do so.
**Still they were almost all about killing X guys or a Boss.
*Using keyboard arrows to change spells (eventhough I didn't use it).
**Actually, you should give some command to dissable that trigger (because I like using Arrows to move the screen.)
*Ifrit model!!
Things to fix/improve:
*I've noticed some typos. ATM can only recall one:
**When the elementalist tells you to go fight the troll who took over the elementalist town, he says something like: you have to go in a "dual", instead of duel.
*Having a guy called Unknown it's kind of weird (Maybe just change the name to the class you have?
*All the villagers called Villager, even they were addepted to some kind of magic. Maybe change their names to their class.
*Give a more extense preview of what the 4 classes are before forcing you to choose one, allowing you to travel to each city before so you can make up your mind by talking with each sage, or by reading descriptions at F9.
*The amount of gold late game. Really unbalanced.
*All the weak magics just take so much space at the "Inventory room"
**Give the items like 10hp so they can be destroyed after 5 attacks
**Or, make it like at the castle, that you can exchange 10 Fire for 10 Fira (etc).
*Any chance to make it multiplayer?
*Once you reach lvl 40 all the mobs are way to easy (not saying bosses)
*maybe lower the exp given or how fast your hero levels up
Can't think of anything else at the moment. Hope this feedback helps!
8.5/10

Level 1
This map is on my top 5.

10 hours of pure pleasure maybe little bit too easy.

The inventory system's like The Legend of Magnador if my memory's good.

Level 3
i like your games alot skamigo especially skamigo's tower defense i liked it sooo much , but world of magic is hard at the dark fortress , i killed the time mage but i didn't know what to do after , btw this was really fun,i was an elementalist and i was level 40 but a bit hard get the ultimas i had 1 maximum , hehe
i give it 5/5

Last edited:
Level 9
i like your games alot skamigo especially skamigo's tower defense i liked it sooo much , but world of magic is hard at the dark fortress , i killed the time mage but i didn't know what to do after , btw this was really fun,i was an elementalist and i was level 40 but a bit hard get the ultimas i had 1 maximum , hehe
i give it 5/5

ye I think you have to talk to the king after that, normally it says in quest log what you have to do next.

Also you can draw ultima from the creatures at the end of the dark fortress, if I remember correctly, they are the purple ones

And I'm working on a new version of my hero defense, with new hero and better boss battles

Level 3
ye I think you have to talk to the king after that, normally it says in quest log what you have to do next.

Also you can draw ultima from the creatures at the end of the dark fortress, if I remember correctly, they are the purple ones

And I'm working on a new version of my hero defense, with new hero and better boss battles

tyvm, though thanks for the new version
+1 rep:thumbs_up:

Level 3
Could you please remove the darkness at dark castle? I can't see the point of having something like that as it is less of a challenge, more of a nuisance. It makes the map hardly enjoyable for me in the end as I can't see the boss and the last tier monster. Plus, there is a bug make the darkness can be trigger in other area. So far I have noted that you can trigger darkness if you walk carelessly in Starting Town and South Castle. So, if you still want to keep the darkness, end it before the boss room and fix the bug.

Level 3
In the Summoner Village's dungeon, there is a hole on the tree fence that lead to a long, long corridor (seem to be unused part of the map) that lead to Dark Uthor at the end. It seems like a bug that can be used to have an early sources of Ultima.

Level 3
I'm not sure why otherwise tolerable English keeps getting mixed with obvious short-hand, replacing you with u. Also if an NPC is going to explain a game mechanic he should be as immersive as possible rather than talking about your keyboard or whatever it was.

It was a bit comical how the hero in the intro is like:
- I'm gonna kick everyone's ass at magic
But then you talk to the first quest giver and you're like:
- No I don't know shit about magic (no sarcasm)
All the while using the blood mage responses, with phrases like "child's play" etc.

The magic system has some potential but I just wasn't hooked enough to keep trying after I died to the first quest mob.

(Am I supposed to leave feedback on maps that haven't been updated for eight years? The forum nags me about commenting on stuff I've downloaded and I just post if I have any particular impressions to share :p)