Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World Editor and Undead Race NOW LIVE

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 5, 2019.

1. wc3neverdies

wc3neverdies

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All new blizzard game are in casc, so to ba added in the battle.net launcher it needs to be a casc archive. Also @DrSuperGood said that the casc arcihve has more advantages, like to deliver patches, the way the files are update and some other things.

2. wc3neverdies

wc3neverdies

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Another bug i found, but i need to test in in classic as well. It appears that gargoyles push enemies(flyng units) away when attacking with melee. It's like that thing where a lot of air units can be in one place at the same time while moving and the they split and are in formation.

3. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You did not call him properly. I will do it properly @Dr Super Good
    Now, he is summoned. :cgrin:

4. wc3neverdies

wc3neverdies

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks i thought that spaces would have messed the tag, instead those were the solution, the irony.

5. TheGoldenGoblin

TheGoldenGoblin

Resources:
    Resources:
    From just opening up the Editor I can already see a few problems. The water is almost invisible. This is not the case if you rotate the camera 180 degrees for some reason? Then it looks normal.
    Picture of deep water
    [​IMG]

If you make deep water and then raise it by "Apply Cliff: Increase One" you can put boats and units on the same cliff?
    Ground Units and Boat on the same cliff
    [​IMG]

Using the "Apply Height: Raise/Lower/Plateau/Noise/Smooth" tool does not show under shallow or deep water.

I would like for the "Apply Cliff: Ramp" tool to not show black endless holes on each side of the cliff if you don't have the type of cliff that the editor thinks is right. (This is in the current editor aswell and has always been there)

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    MPQ was not designed with modern needs in mind. MPQ was intended that most of the game data remain immutable and arrive in a single MPQ file distributed by CD or DVD, and for this purpose it worked well.

However now delivery is often solely by internet, requiring that games be playable without all data being downloaded and with regular and large updates. MPQ does this very badly, requiring hacky work arounds. As the needs changed so did the implementation resulting in products using different versions of MPQ and different delivery systems. CASC solves this by unifying the content delivery between all products to using a cloud file system which is backed by a CDN and has a local cache for game installs. This way the same server software and publishing tools can back all games with files being delivered on demand and managed in an efficient way. Where as MPQ files have to be identical between all clients, CASC local storage does not as all that matters is that the contained files are correct and not how they are stored.

There are also performance benefits. MPQ was designed in the days where RAM was small. This meant processing files with minimal memory usage was a priority over I/O performance. For example MPQs fragmented files into short blocks which could easily be used to create a buffered data stream using only 2 block sized buffers at any given time. However this came at the cost of compression efficiency and the compressed blocks were not aligned or structured to be read efficiently. CASC is based around memory mapped I/O, a very efficient approach to I/O which can map entire regions of files into virtual memory allowing file data to be accessed similar to very old ROM based game consoles. CASC also stores files usually in a single piece, allowing much more efficient compression to occur potentially at the cost of needing the entire file to be decompressed into memory before being read. If the file is not available in local storage it can be dynamically pulled down from the CDN as well, allowing good play as it downloads experiences as long as the user's internet connection is fast enough.

7. Veronnis

Veronnis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:

That was fun to learn about, thanks!

8. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The dark theme is designed for when you work at night to be easy on your eyes. Also, it looks badass.
    For maximum safety set your PC to night mode and buy PC glasses.

9. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @wc3neverdies I told you if you summon him properly, that he will discover you very well knowledge which rare people know!
    He is like Guldan or Drakthul with all of this knowledge about systems, files, game and such.

@Dr Super Good thank you for detailed stuff +rep.
    But how do you like Reforged so far? Professional like you perhaps is more interested in ,,what is behind mask" about codes, stability and such rather than cosmetic changes

10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I do not have the beta so my liking is N/A.

11. Cheezeman

Cheezeman

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    From Casc Storages - Main page:

12. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    Night Elves out today?

13. Donach

Donach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey, anyone with newest World Editor noticed any new natives we do not have in 1.31?

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  15. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm really surprised they've added an unique model to Snarlmane or Mossy Golems (check video below) - I wonder, does it mean that other special/named units will get similar treatment? It looks like it. And that's really awesome, because that's a TON of unique models that we'll be able to use :)

P.S. Also, this is a nice showcase of some models added in the most recent patch:

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    About the ships (video):
    • The Orc Frigate seems to have a decay animation bug. Same with the Undead Frigate. The remains disappear suddenly.
    • The Orc Juggernaut looks to metallic as if more sci-fi-steampunk than medieval.
    • Not sure about some portraits like the one on the Undead Frigate. They need to be distinguishable.
    About the undead spells (video):
    • The original Abomination reaches the corpse with its lower jaw while the Reforged's mouth is high above the corpse.
    • The new web doesn't stand properly on all of the target's body but mostly on the higher part of the model.
    • The Crypt Fiend's attack projectile isn't as visible as in the original.
    • Generally, stuff seems bleached or discoloured.
    • Possession needs work. It doesn't look nice or representative.
    • OK, Cripple looks totally different.
    • The original Destroyer morph is better. The new one's pedestal breaks too fast. Looks cheap.
    • Destroyer's weapon gems aren't team coloured anymore.
    • Destroyer's Devour Magic now looks like Abolish Magic's buff...
    • Not sure if the Destroyer has a non-Orb of Annihilation projectile anymore.
    • Apparently Frozen Breath FX on buildings isn't finished.
    • What? So they changed gender of the Death Knight but kept the hero names and renamed Lord to Lady, Baron to Baroness and stuff? Creative...
    • Death Coil needs a darker trail.
    • Death Pact is different and it makes no sense for the FX on the DK to look like undead hero dissipate FX. It's taking a soul not losing or releasing it.
    • Reanimated unit obviously need a better look than a RGB change to red.
    • Frost Nova is possibly incomplete.
    • Dark Ritual FX too transparent.
    • Death and Decay FX too soft, flowery.
    • Carrion Swarm looks worse and it's not properly scaled. The width is too small.
    • Sleep is 99% the same thing.
    • Inferno is obviously incomplete.
    • The Infernal seems hunchbacked and why does it have its legs bent like Eredar?
    • Locust Swarm seems work in progress.
    • Black Arrow looks too similar to the Destroyer's (Orb of Annihilation?) projectile both in colour and shape.
    • Skeletons seems to come out from the ground nearby the Black Arrowed target instead of from the target's body/position.
    • Charm, now looks too usual. The original FX is spectacular.
    As for the video from the post above
    • Zombies have one attack animation? I understand they made it look spasmodic but just one like that looks weird.
    • The Blood Wizard's attack animation has fire included at the tip of the staff but the projectile is frozen. I'm saying, that because the FX is so, there are little options for projectile choices.
    • Thrall on foot doesn't seem to have attack animations.
    • The Runner needs a knife to attack, in the model's other hand. Attacking with the scroll is silly.
    • Emissaries don't have attack animations.
    EDIT:
    About the undead (video):
    • There's already an obsessive use of shoulder pads but them on Acolytes is just superfluous and realistically unnecessary as they are not warriors.
    • Shades don't have team coloured eyes anymore and they look too happy, not menacing as the original. Also, they don't have the genie type part of their body anymore but only the smoke. Right now it looks as their body was cut and fused to some steam cloud. Their death animation is not as neat as the original either (referring to the soul cloud raising part).
    • Why do Ghouls have their tongue out as if they're zombies or suffer from a stroke?
    • Abominations don't seem to have all their attack animations.
    • The Meat Wagon's projectile is bizarre. It does not represent body parts at all. It's some sort of spiritual or magical bogus. Also, it doesn't look like they're burning when damaged but rather get a sort of disease cloud FX.
    • Gargoyle's death animation needs work. It doesn't seem to have any blood spill anymore.
    • The Necromancer's staff bat wings are so big you can't see the model properly, especially the face.
    • Obsidian Statues also don't have team coloured staff gems.
    • OK, Destroyers have their non-Orb of Annihilation projectile.
    • Lots of death animations don't have any blood FX anymore for some reason.
    • Two Dreadlords fighting don't seem to be touching one another :D When they die they don't turn into bats. That is iconic.
    • Crypt Lord's attack animations need work.
    • Heroes don't dissipate the same or similarly. In the original game they turn white transparent like becoming spirits. In Reforged they only become transparent and fade quickly to nonexistence.
    • Carrion Beetles don't have a decay animation in that they just become transparent until not being seen anymore.
    • Spirit Towers have no more spirit circling FX around their gems. Also, their projectile looks more like foam than a soul.
    • Seems the Spirit and Nerubian Towers crystals need a bit more tweaking to look more like they should. The portrait for the Nerubian Tower seems to have a broken texture.
    • Not sure why the Boneyard eggs are now coloured instead of white. Actually, why should there even be eggs? It's not like they have live dragons, breed them, kill them and reanimate them. I guess, those are supposed to be dragon hearts?
    • Sylvanas should have the upper part of the body ghastly too. Now, it's like in WoW, half human and half genie.
    • Sapphiron doesn't have a death animation it seems.
    • Why are the dreadlords so pale now? For instance Balnazzar had some sort of black armour on. Now most of the dreadlords are strippers like Sylvanas. Mal'Ganis seems to be the only one with a normal code of conduct also considering safety albeit not helping the dreadlord in the end. OK, Tichondrius is a dreadlord of culture too, except for the belly. Dreadlord wings are blackened towards their lower parts in the original and some dreadlords have some sort of tattoos/markings on their wings. In Reforged, none of these things.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  17. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @deepstrasz YES DO IT! Tell them all mistakes! I see that you have great energy inside you recently, you are so active regarding this. You want this to success (even if it is not reality at this point :cgrin: )

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm actually having doubts these messages are read not to mention taken into consideration.

19. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why so? You think that they are not going to listen you? +rep for you for this list anyway

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You=the Hiveworkshop community.

Well, there are a lot of posts here and there and I guess mostly they venture on their official forums.