1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World Domination General Discussion

Discussion in 'World Domination' started by Fingolfin, Feb 15, 2015.

1. redbaron4850

redbaron4850

Resources:
    Resources:
    Those buildings DO look great. Nice work.

2. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fantastic! I thought development was dead. However, where can we download it.

3. closedboudy

closedboudy

Resources:
    Resources:
    the AI doesnt work when playing with more than 1 player i played with my brother and explored and saw the AI hadnt done anything tho when i tested it in singleplayer it worked and yes we tried playing over and over again to see if we we did something wrong i dont think so we voted for FFA, normal start,annahilation pls fix it cuz i rly wanna play with bots and mah brother

4. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    closedboudy, the AI is disabled for multiplayer since i noticed that it can cause desyncs. A fix is being worked on, together with a complete AI overhaul.

As a side notice, the next version will have a Chinook chopper model as well as a ZTZ99-A2 as Main Battle Tank for China. Pics will come.

5. closedboudy

closedboudy

Resources:
    Resources:
    also found that australia is a good place to make a zombie out break since you can start it anywhere and they wont be able to come for you since there is no land connection so wanna do a zombie outbreak choose australia

6. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, not to mention that Australia has spy submarines, so that you can load one up with spies and virus canisters and sneak your way to the enemy coast. ;)
    On the other hand, Australia doesn't have a lot of room to expand, so your economy tends to grow very slowly.

7. closedboudy

closedboudy

Resources:
    Resources:
    not with some allies and being a merchent thing you can use the many iron and water oil to make alot of eco

8. closedboudy

closedboudy

Resources:
    Resources:
    any news on when the new update is out

9. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Perhaps within the next couple of weeks? I'm on a holiday currently so i have some free time, though on monday i'll be off for the week. Depends on how much i can squeeze in until then.

10. closedboudy

closedboudy

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Version 1.9b released

Hello everyone! Sorry for the half year of radio silence on this, i got some inspiration to update my World in Flames project and have been working on that for a while now instead of this. Last week i finally got together and finished a new version, though, and here it is!

Unfortunately, as the idiot i am, i did not write down my updates as i worked on them back in July, so i haven't kept track of all of them - however, there are three major updates in this version which are worthy of note.

New Chinese tank: the ZTZ-99A2
    Time to give the people some good ol' communist liberty with this next-gen PLA main battle tank! It has unique stats and a fancy camo scheme which stands out from the crowd. It is entirely unique to China.

ZTZ99.PNG

Zombie overlord changes
    Previously, there were some issues with A: players becoming the zombie overlord too early, without letting the apocalypse run its course, and B: there being an exploit where the overlord can order his zombies to attack his own cities, and thus gain zombies every time it becomes captured. In an attempt to fix both these issues, cities captured by overlord-owned zombies no longer spawn new zombies. This is both to prevent exploits, and also to give players an incentive to wait with building the Brainwave Transmitter until the zombie apocalypse have gained some momentum. Being the zombie overlord now becomes more about shepherding the existing zombies and upgrading them to stronger variants.

New Chinook model
    This has been on my list of things for a very long time, but now finally we won't be confusing our transport helicopters with our attack helicopters anymore!
    Chinooks.PNG

As a bit of a side note, the new Chinook model has been modeled and animated entirely with my new Blender MDL exporter! So if you are interested in getting into Wc3 modeling using an entirely free, professional-grade program, you should definitely check this out.
    You can find the main thread here: MDL Exporter for Blender3D!
    And a quick tutorial on how to make a basic model here: Exporting models from Blender using the MDL exporter plugin

Full changelog:
    • New model for the Chinook Transport Helicopter.
    • New unit: the ZTZ-99A2 Main Battle Tank.
    • Cities captured by zombies do not generate new zombies if there is a zombie overlord in play.
    • Some vehicle costs and stats have been rebalanced.
    You can always find the latest map here: Map download and legacy versions

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  12. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think that's the best place you could have placed the TC node. One of the reasons is that it gives some contrast so the barrel won't get lost in the terrain.

13. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    True that, too bad that China is dark green though. :grin: