• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WiP: TKoK - oRPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
TKoK - RPG - v2.0 Beta Demo

TKoK - The Kingdom of Kaliron 2.0!

NEW VERSION: 2.00 Demo - 10/17/07
---------------------------------------------------
Download (Don't forget to vote as well!)
http://tkok.freeforums.org

This is the next generation of the TKoK Eastern Region map, It is based around the 1.06 version but has had so many things added in term of game mechanics we had to make it a 2.00.
New features includes:

-A new substat system consisting of 5 substats that effect your main stats. Through substats you can increase your spell damage, dodge rating, critical chance, attack rating and more.
-A new item system originally created by Toadcop that allows up to 16 items equipped on your hero as well as sockets and set bonuses.
-Terrain and environment alterations to make the map more open and allow for smoother routes.
-The game is totally rescaled to start off at a much lower level, allowing for much easier scaling later on. (this is mainly the reason we release this demo so we can get the game balanced again)
-Difficulty can now be selected by host on start-up, The difficulty enables players to play against harder opponents in return for better rewards, drops, experience and gold.
-A lot of under the hood improvements to go along with the new substats system

If you still want to enjoy the currently bigger map in the old 1.06c you can download it at http://war3.incgamers.com/maps.php?id=10624
But understand that all further releases will be made for 2.00> and wont have a loading code compatible with old 1.06 codes.

We would love it if you report any bugs or errors you find at our official forum at
http://tkok.freeforums.org/

Only one more thing to add
Enjoy the map

Attachments

• TKoK001.jpg
    TKoK001.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 984
  • TKoK002.jpg
    TKoK002.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 1,048
  • TKoK003.jpg
    TKoK003.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 805
  • TKoK004.jpg
    TKoK004.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 739
  • TKoK005.jpg
    TKoK005.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 1,806
  • TKoK006.jpg
    TKoK006.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 649
  • TKoK007.jpg
    TKoK007.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 419
  • TKoK008.jpg
    TKoK008.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 447
  • TKoK009.jpg
    TKoK009.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 442
  • TKoK010.jpg
    TKoK010.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 398
  • newUIHero.jpg
    newUIHero.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 692
Last edited:
Level 11
Updated the main thread with more useful information about the map so people can get an idea of what is really is.

Any feedback, bug reports, etc, can either be posted here, or you can email me at [email protected]

Thank you in advance!

Level 11
1.04b is now out fixing alot of little things, nothing major was found

btw, this is kinda a "full version" for it will take 3-1/2 hours to complete all of the content for people who are new and need to explore everything and dont know how to just blitz through everything

Level 10
I'm loving it. . .although might I suggest a trigger or something that makes it a little bit easier for just one person. . .it takes forever to level up to a place where I won't die if I'm being attacked by more than one person.

Level 11
changes in the 1.05 patch I am working on will include a new seperate spawn rate limiter for when there is 1 player but please keep in mind, I designed this map for bnet play.

Potions are also gettin reworked to cost less, heal more, and have a smaller cooldown, healing fountains are being applied to certain areas as well

some of the newer classes that are comming out with 1.05 will be better at soloing than others, such as the Hunter (has a pet that can tank) and the chaotic mage which is a cross between the diablo2 necromancer and the WoW warlock

Level 10
Actually I thought the spawn rate was really slow. The problem was/is that I just couldn't get enough experience.

And, yes, I do realize that it was designed for Bnet play. But I'd love to play this and have FUN on singleplayer.

I think this is a great map. One of the best wc3 RPGs I've ever played. For once it pretty decent terrain. Good systems for quests etc. . .If you were to make it easy in single player I would be leaning towards anywhere between a 8/10 and a 10/10 depending on how the rest of it goes.

Level 11
the reason for the new spawn limiter is to have a higher spawn rate, but just ignore the spawn function if X units are already in the zone, based on the # of players. I'm also going to rework how the spawn locations are selected, right now its pure random, but I'm gonna work it so it grabs a location somewhat close to the hero, there are alot of times where units spawn and path to the despawn without any heroes being around.

With these changes i hope not to get a situation where creeps spawn too slowly and the map winds up empty. Should be able to correct these issues in the next patch

--- EDIT ---
Now that i think about it.. I'm very happy with the way the spawn system works when there is 3-6 players. So maybe I should just add a seperate function to handle it when there are 1-2 players that is totally seperate from the main system.

Thoughts?

Level 11
Released the new version containing all 12 heroes, tons of new items, a brand new scripted boss fight to provide a unique challenge, countless fixes and improvements, and other stuff

Level 25
This map really is amazingly awesome. If there were different versions that were translated in different langages, then this would definately have potential of being spotlighted by Blizzard Entertainment. There's already like three or four clans for this project!
~Craka_J

Level 6
The terrain looks wonderful, I havent played this yet, But i will proboly sometime tommorow or the day after, but keep up the great work man.

~4rankie~

Level 15
BEST MAP I EVER SEEN!! i like everything! The way you equip items, the way you interact whit things and Npc's, the terrain, the design, the cities, the quests, Everything, ive played loads of RPG's (and i played looooads, im a bit of a RPG nerd ^^) and this is the best i ever seen! when this map is done and on Bnet, im going to play this map nearly every hour of every day! GJ Vexen.X!
--Edit--
A little question
Why is the map named The kingdom of kolarion (isent it that?) Eastern Kingdom?
Why the Eastern Kingdom? well, couldn you guys make the same extra thing as they did in Ragos orpg? Special Maps! a copy of this map, same items, heroes so u can load heroes. The special Maps could be a survivial map, where there spawns Zombies and attack the start city, then you has to stand for some time. After this is done, you have to talk to a guy whit gives you a special item. This was just something i liked whit the Ragos oRPG that you guys might find intresting.
--Edit Again--
Heres some bugs i found in ver 2.00B:
Stalk - Opening the action menu while stalking makes you go out from Stalk, this doesent do that much, but the Ability "Stop Stalk" is still there.
Backstap/Ambush - When using Ambush while not
in Stalk and Backstab whitout bieng behind target, you loose mana, please fix that bug.
+rep
+my respect
+one player more
+one reply
+eeh ran out of things.
10/10 hmm no 999/10!

Last edited:
Level 34
I wish you could play this solo and save. There should be a way for the game to read if you are on b-net or LAN because then you can't cheat.

Level 10
You guys should make custom icons for the "actions" button, and all the buttons like "interact" "talk" "open equipment" and stuff. The more custom icons, the bette this will be, it will make it feel like a new game, this is a fantastic map, keep up the good work.

Level 34
I doubt anyone is going to look here for suggestions or bug reports, I suggest going to their web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.