• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[WIP] - Bloodvenom Marsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Just playing around while with the World Editor, doubt it will be used by me ever again when its a "Cold Case"

*Added three new pictures*

The fortres is missing its gates, i just cant get them to work on my computer... -_-

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 238
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 454
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 237
  • Showcase 1.jpg
    Showcase 1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 188
  • Showcase 2.jpg
    Showcase 2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Showcase 3.jpg
    Showcase 3.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Level 1
hmm i can say that it is a very good start...but the marsh water feature is too plain, make some bubbles, and trees of equal height are not natural to nature. Also the orc camp is nice inside, but maybe put some supplies, maybe some carcases outside, make it look more realistic if you know what i mean.

Level 34
Looks good for a WIP. If it's playable it's even better! I think you need to make the water a bit deeper in areas, and add shrubs, bubble, river rushes tinted a dark color, and maybe some tinted cattails. Improve and you will gain rep!

Level 8
The two pcitures of the bridges is not nearly finished, i'm doing the water details last.
And, there are multiple areas were the water is deeper, but those places are not ready for a screenshot yet.
And for the bridges, yes, they need a tint of green in them, planed to do that at some stage.

Level 8
I don't actually think trees grow in water, i think it will look better if you remove them. Also use more shrubbery and stones, like around the trees on ground.

There are more behind that then what the eye sees...

When i started working on this map, i had in mind that the land is corrupted and altered by demonic pressens, that be why only dead trees are in the water.

Level 34
Maybe if you had small mounds of dirt or put rocks around the trees it would look better.

Edit: Made a quick example.

Attachments

• Swamp.jpg
    Swamp.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Level 8
I don't actually think trees grow in water, i think it will look better if you remove them. Also use more shrubbery and stones, like around the trees on ground.

swamp2.gif

http://www.arwhead.com/Mardigras/swamp2.gif

swamp.jpg

http://www.southwest.cc.nc.us/sss/cultenrich-02/charleston/images/swamp.jpg

The rest found here: http://www.louisiana101.com/louisiana_voices02_swamp_tour_page1.html
louisiana_voices02_swamp_tour_a02.jpg

louisiana_voices02_swamp_tour_a04.jpg

Of course it depends on what kind of swamp we are dealing with:

http://www.panther.state.fl.us/handbook/habitat/cswamps.html
and
http://www.panther.state.fl.us/handbook/habitat/hswamps.html

Unfortunately there are no really good trees in WCIII that look like swamp kind of trees.

Level 34
Google for the win! I actually like my example so much I'm going to add it to my collection! :gg:

@UchihaSasuke.gr: I do most of my work in this amount of time. This is why they are only so good. :sad: I don't have the patience, or the imagination to do work like MadseN ,[Death], and others.

Level 25
Grr... for once someone out-smarted me when it comes to reality in terrain. >.<
Well lilly pads aren't exactly what are in swamps. But this bushy stuff LIKE lilly pads are :D
I'll try to find an image that supports this answer on google later.
~Craka_J

Level 34
I don't really like how square the outpost is. I also don't like how straight the river going into it is. You also need to use more grass doodads. I suggest DL UTM and getting some from there. Or tint river rushes and make them smaller.

This is a good terrain though!

Level 25
I like the Orc base. The green team color is a good idea as well. Helps make it blend in with the terrain, so good job with that.

Your terrains are decent. They lack a lot of exciting details like the last updated picture with the castle: It is very basic. Almost like a layout with a bit of detail added on to it. It is also very flat. Though castles are leveled out, they can be build on rugged areas too like mountains or hill-tops. Try to make the surrounding terrain more interesting.
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.