1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Winter Wars v.1.1

Submitted by LieroBoy
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
LieroBoy Presents
Winter Wars

Youtube Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxClW-foKiw

[​IMG]

INTRODUCTION

Winter Wars is an Altered Melee map where you build bases and defend them.

GAMEPLAY

This map is like Island Wars, but has a much more different style of early gameplay, for this time you can position the base

anywhere on the map and also your spawn point.

The winning style is like the Battlefield style of gameplay but this game uses encampments, not flags. You can buy units at

the edge of the map, and to earn money for you to buy units you need to build Oil Refineries using Engineers.

There are many techniques to attack and defend in the game, you can mix several types of units for the attack to be

effective, and you can also counter expected attacks with right counter-units.

EARLY GAME TIPS

Early
[​IMG]

You start by positioning your Capital, the more capital you have from the enemy he will lose points, then position your spawn

point, you will have access to buy your units at the bottom edge of the map.

You will win the game when the enemy has lose all his capital or his points reach zero.

SCREENSHOTS

Clash
[​IMG]

Tank Assault
[​IMG]

Airstrike
[​IMG]

Docking
[​IMG]

CHANGELOG

Changelog

v.1.1
- created the game from "Island Wars"

CREDITS

Credits

Many thanks to these modellers who made the models in the game:

Illidan(Evil)X, Mr. Bob, chilla_killa

Thanks for the betatesters at garena, and SkyBlitzcrank for the games made on the youtube video

Keywords:
War, Conquest
Contents

Winter Wars v.1.1 (Map)

Reviews
12:18, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected Please upload the right map again and your map will be approved.
  1. Magnet199

Magnet199

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map is awesome as always,
    1 problem only, the airstike is so "gay" (excuse my language if anyone thinks its a bad word"
    I played with some friends, the defenders, all they did is spam air strike, they toke out bases/units/ships quicker then you think, can you like make them little bit higher price, or limit them :D
    Thank You, Keep up the good work ;)

2. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Nah, not really a fitting word. Fitting one would be OP. Yes, air strikes could use some nerfing...

3. Great Chief Aeon

Great Chief Aeon

Resources:
    Resources:
    WTF
    How can you know what will happen in the future???
    No one knows... i just hope... :eekani:

Map looks really nice :D testing now...

***EDITED***

Well the map is nice, you used a lot of good ideas...

THINGS I LIKED:
    1 - Intresting the way how do you make the Bombers Atack
    2 - Good Idea make te defenders in the middle of the map
    3 - The Mercenary camp units buy mode
    4 - The system of where buyed units will appear... i liked to build a camp in the middle and keep buyng mercenary units...

THINGS THAT IS BAD OR I DONT THINK COOL:
    1 - The Idea is good but, using for example, wolf riders in a World War 3??
    2 - Units name need more work, ships have standard names, make it like the aircraft, that have custom name, and alike the thanks too...
    3 - Buildings are not of the age... you used "Primitive" buildings instead of modern...
    4 - Map Size, i think it is very small...

IMPROVEMENTS:
    1 - Change Units appearence and name (for example, Wolf Rider, to something diferent)
    2 - Give factions to the players, everyone have the same units...
    3 - Add Heroes
    4 - Map Size better if be Epic
    5 - Add an ability of Paratroopers should be amazing
    6 - Add a Custom music
    7 - Change the Defenders in middle and attacker in the corners to island mode should be cool... (i wanna mean, for example, the "Naval Battle" map, there are two islands containing the bases, and in the middle the battle...

And At last

I Give you.... Good (3/5) for the map + rep points

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  4. LieroBoy

LieroBoy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the review Great Chief Aeon, i have renamed the map to "Island Wars" because it does not use the world map as the battleground and many other reasons.

Thanks, it was nice that you liked the whole concept

Yes, some of the units and buildings in the game are not be that "of the age" as World War III. To resolve the issue i decided to rename the map "Island Wars" instead. If i can finish "Island Wars" i might create "Island World Wars" where the world will be the battlefield in Epic Map Size.

Each nation have their own special units, much like Red Alert, if i will create a faction of "Allies" and "Soviets" there will be a lot of units in the game therefore making the game hard to understand for new players (Well maybe after several updates).

Adding heroes and changing some unit skins are my plans for the next update.

And custom music will take up lots of file size, even when compressed. Therefore will be hard for Garena players (like me) to share the map.

5. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I thin there already is a map with name Island Wars, you should create a more original one... like Island of War.

6. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    I also think there is. And you have no k on your think tleno.

7. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, kinda didn't got what you're trying to say.

Well still, it's more ogirinal type of name, less obvious.

8. Great Chief Aeon

Great Chief Aeon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice to see that you are a C&C Red alert 3 Player too :grin:
    Yeah you right... There would have lots of lots of units in game, that why map size is far too small :(
    This is gonna get hard for you, the C&C RA3 is very diferent to anything of Warcraft 3...
    Good Luck :thumbs_up:

Good :) because heroes are one of most important units in any army...

Well if this is true, but is just a small filesize music, no need ti get something real big...

Awesome Work Buddy, keep going with that :grin: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

9. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its just a spelling correction. You typed thin but its supposed to be think. Youre lacking a k. And you also misspelled original to ogirinal.

10. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh yes, silly me, I quite often misclick the letters on keyboard when I'm int a hurry.

11. Sir Impala

Sir Impala

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Eh? Wasn't this that World War III map I saw last time? Now it's Winter Wars with a different minimap but same WW3 screenshot, I'm really confused!

12. Magnet199

Magnet199

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ^ agreed, i dunno whats wrong
    its winter, screenshot shows its not winter AND the same as old, i really have no idea now, it was first WW3, then Island Wars, and now Winter War.......hmmmm could you change the screenshota and explain of what is happening... :D

13. Sir Impala

Sir Impala

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think I know the problem, he accidentally updated his winter wars on his WW3 map? Oh gosh, sounds like a really bad accident, it seems like he wanted to upload his new map, what a really bad mix up.

14. Great Chief Aeon

Great Chief Aeon

Resources:
    Resources:
    i agree with lord impala... Mixing the maps was really poor work :(
    You can change the terrain and screenshots, and after that, upload the island wars again, to make it two diferent maps :)