1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Win A Beta Key Game #2

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by Ralle, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mecatronic

mecatronic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello there.

I've been working on my project since 2004 and now it's one of the most played maps on battle.net, was spotlighted by blizzard, [URL='http://www.nibbits.com]Featured on Nibbits[/URL] and received an hononable mention on Hive. I was invited to participate in other projects, but I thought I would end up disapointing the community if I stopped giving in to my project.

When I first started this project, I had to buy a new pc and an original copy of w3 (both were very expensive here in Brazil back then) and I had to quit some classes in college to accomplish deadlines for my project. At least now I can look back at what I've made and say it worthed.

This is all dedication I can tell. Hope that's more or less what you're after.

2. blazerman1234

blazerman1234

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey i would like to have beta key and i am really excited about SC2 if you could just give me one but i am not asking right now but i will wait though and thank you for giving your time to read this short message thank you again

3. JokeMaster

JokeMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I started moding long ago...When i just got warcraft, then i made sucking maps and so on. After a little tim i discovered the hive and wanted to make something. I also sucked on english so i mostly couldn't understood what were people telling to me so there was a large aera of cnp. Now i started making something worth to be called a model(i mean my predators). I also want to help alagremm at making his mod.Now i am preety busy with schoold (1 high school class / aka 10 school class) i need to pass a lot of exams(almost 2-3 every week) and don't have enough time to modding. I also made a lot of maps wich can be used as patrs of bigger maps. Somewhere in the past i started making a campaign, but i stuck with the triggers so the project has fallen.Now i am making some requests for people and its all. If i get a key ill be happy , if not i will also be happy becouse some one more worth as me could get it.

4. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  5. BoneBreaker

BoneBreaker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dear Ralle,

I joined wc3sear.ch in 2005, and was a bit of a “noob” back then. My post-count to join-date ratio may be an indication of inactivity, but I have nearly always been looking at the site from a distance, only posting when needed and never posting rubbish.

Now, I had a spell on this site that somehow disappeared, so I cannot link it; however, I have won a triggering contest in the past which shows I am not completely useless.

Most recently, I have been posting StarCraft II related content; such as getting out the maps to the greater public, sparking some interest to the Galaxy language and I also uploaded the music to youtube as well.

The StarCraft II key would allow me to explore further and release any interesting information to this site. I am also looking forward to creating maps, possibly reviving the genre of escape/maze maps in StarCraft II and I will also be looking forward to playing the ladder.

Yours truly,
    BoneBreaker

6. Crazed_seal2

Crazed_seal2

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok.
    I have not contributed much to the Hive because half of it has not been approved or has been rejected, other than that I am now a very active member of The Hive workshop.
    Yes I may have joined at 2009 but before then i used to skim through the site looking at people's post. I've always been a Blizzard Fan, i love their games and i really want starcraft 2.
    I have played and finished starcraft the original.
    So i really want that beta key!!! :cute:

7. LordStar

LordStar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi

Hi guys!

I'll tell you what I have done so. I am a Mapmaker and have created many maps. I have appointed on 20th Projects done, but it has never really become what it because there were some bugs, etc I help people when first Terraining or textures. My working now with 4 other people on Resident Evil. LoadingScreen I made everything myself. In internet I have helped many people and given tips on what to do could be what models are good, what color ..

C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Resident Evil.jpg

8. CloudMax

CloudMax

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have contributed to this community by holding the diablo 3 warcraft forums running, aswell as keeping the project alive for a long period of time.
    I feel that i have accomplished something with diablo 3 warcraft (togheter with the others in the team ofc!) by spending so much time just to make it to what it is today.
    I was also the one that convinced cloudwolf to make it a team project, and that is probably one of the main reasons to why the map reached this far.
    I have helped members out when they are in need of help in many situations.
    And i would also like to say that i boosted some activity through the diablo 3 warcraft forums, we got a few members to the site only becouse of that map.
    And ofc i have contributed to the hive chat by sharing all my love (and hate :D) ;-)
    I know that i am not the creator of d3w, but that does not mean that i havent contributed.
    And not to mention that Diablo 3 Warcraft actually happen to be the most downloaded map on the site, and it reached the top in rapid speed. And the downloads is still increasing. Within a month it may even reach a download count of 100.000
    I cant even believe how much people still enjoy the map even though we havent updated it since 12th Nov 2009, and that version pretty much only contained a few bug fixes and some new terrain.
    I think this itself says that we have contributed to this site. And with access to the starcraft 2 editor we will be capable of doing so much more than this. And i feel kinda alone here, becouse both redmarine and cloudwolf already have access to the beta.

9. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hi. Originally a user here called Werewulf, I came from wc3s.earch when it deceased itself. I consider myself a long time hive/sear user, being into the wc3 community since I was about 13 years old (now 19).
    I was later promoted to staff with the help of Wolverabid and aided in the moderation of the model resources and in chat. I believe I was the one that went through the entire sear.ch transfer to remove all Wow models I could find and detect, and thus aided drastically in keeping them off Hive to allow and encourage people to produce models that are of both artistic, original and useful value.

Although after many leaves of my position and coming back, with hiccups every now and then, I have helped in moderating the art forums (in large part, finding art related theft in contests, threads or resources), reporting posts in many threads, and moderating most things relating to icons, models and skins either resources or threads.

I have contributed a large sum of my wc3 work to hive in order to help the community and to display my work as an artform for people at hive to enjoy and to use in their projects.
    I have been in and out of projects (or aided indirectly) that have had some form of relation to hive I assume :p
    I have also been a chat mod (with some minor leaves) for about a total of 2-3 years and try my best to provide for hive when I can.
    If users come to me with questions I do my best to help them with their question :)
    When i come across a thread that inquires for help that I can provide for, I offer my best words of advice and answers to their question.

Most veteran hive users have noticed the contributions I have provided to Hive over the years although noticing my change of personality from a very rude and arrogant person (that some still think I am) to someone more quiet/modest and watchful over hive who has a habit of going onto chat rants to discuss hive problems or let off some steam that people can relate to :).
    Trying her best to greet and help new users when she sees the opportunity to do so and providing as much help and advice to the functions and mechanics (when given the opportunity) of hive so hive can be a friendly, non-bias and helpful site for everyone.

10. Rainbow Evil

Rainbow Evil

Resources:
    Resources:
    I made few maps but nobody noticed them ( or they got rejected ).
    I learned alot since then thx to ppl here and I helped some ppl with their stuff.

I also gave a lot of reputation ( a lot ) to some random ppl if I found that their comment is useful in any way.

And I have a sick little brother and doctor said he is going to die if I don't play Sc2.
    noT.

Sry for the bad English.

11. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    This one looks more chalenging!
    Okay, firstly I had a minor map that still Needs Fix... well, it was quite fun when I was waiting a year for mod to write a few lines about it and make it "Needs Fix"... http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/tleno-castle-siege-v0-6b-99442/?prev=status=r2&u=tleno
    Secondly, I'm one of main characters of this machinima comic created by Alagremmm:
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/160705-albums2651.html
    After that comic there actually a whole RP came up on daily peasant... you can check it out, we have more posts and uploaded pictures than any other group (Actually its an RP kinda based on terraining, you have to make terrains about your actions).
    Also now I'm working on few maps, but because of upcomming SC2 I'm not sure if its worth finishing them, altrough I haven't seen any maps like them here...
    except that I also give suggestions to other maps very often. I gave ideas and I'm in a credit list of such maps like Cruiser Commands and such WIP projects like Space Engineers made by Mort.
    Maybe thats not enough to win something, but thats all I got.

12. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, I'm just an average user, tbh
    I like to come into chat and join in the different kinds of wacky conversations people have.
    I do like to try and help people where I can (however small that area may be :p), be it giving feedback on a resource or *attempting* to help out with a tricky bit of triggering.
    That's about it for me, then :p

13. ikillforeyou

ikillforeyou

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Offtopic: Are you allowed to post again? and who won the first round? [/offtopic]

Hey, i'm ikillforeyou, i never played starcraft 1.. =( but, i've been playing warcraft 3 for 4 years. i've learned every aspect of modeling mapping and triggering, i can do most things that doesn't involve complex math by myself.

I frequent the help forms, and i've probably helped over 100 times, for triggering, modelling, or just general map editing.

I'd love to have a sc2 beta key so i could start learning the language and play ladder, which seems to be fun.

I also want to play with my brother, who also got a Starcraft II Beta key (he's a wow player =\) and it would be fun to play ladder against him.

Thanks, ralle.
    Yours truly, ikillforeyou

14. Mamma_Pappa

Mamma_Pappa

Resources:
    Resources:
    I haven't done anything, I'm just a very very old user which is being nice to people.

15. Palaslayer

Palaslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Greetings, Hivers!

I do not know whether you still know me or not, but here I am anyway.

What have I done for the community? Well, I started with triggering in GUI which was not quite a popular field, continued with terraining on the private sector and then started icon making where most people know me from.

I submitted about 70-90 icons during my whole carreer, 60 of them got apporved and are still around, some I removed myself to keep the section clean with only the best icons.

I tried to help people as much as I can to learn and improve, I even wrote a tutorial to show my way of painting.

I got third in one of the spell contest but I realized that this wasn't what I wanted to do.

I admit there have been bad times for me and that I have also done some things I am not proud of, but I learned and did my best.

The decision is yours.

~pala

16. War3Cadu

War3Cadu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Woot! I liked this... I want an map editor...
    I am deaf. I dont have money :cry:

Sorry, my eng is very bad :grin:

17. Maker

Maker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I joined the site back in the wc3sear.ch days, but only became really active during the last summer. I think I had less than 100 posts before that.

I spend quite a lot of time here at the hive on a daily basis helping people with whatever mapping problems they have.

I create triggers and systems for people, for their maps. I've done quite many spell requests. It makes me happy to help people and solve their problems.

I've uploaded a few spells of my own also for people to enjoy.

18. Damage

Damage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I, Damage have contributed to HiveWorkshop in the following ways.

Firstly, I joined HiveWorkshop as a means to advertise my upcoming map projects such as Damage Team Survival (see signature) and also to gain constructive criticism on my work (see http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/magi-deathmatch-arena-157616/) and learn new techniques (see Iron Roots) to further enhance my modding capabilities.

As a map maker, I tend to keep very close to my fans' desires. Reading through the thread associated with my team survival map should evidence this as I strive to improve every aspect of my map to meet with everyone's approval - even at one point going as far as to hotfix problems within an hour of them being discovered by my diligent play testers.

When not catering to the followers of my maps, I spend the majority of my time and posting in the World Editor Help forums. I would probably say that about 90% of my reputation bar has been garnered from this zone and I will continue to enlighten the masses on the glories of the editor - be them new or experienced - to better serve the Warcraft 3 Modding community as a whole.

I also assist in the alpha testing of other maps and give objective reviews and constructive criticism where it is due, giving points for improvement so that the resource maker feels empowered and not belittled by my suggestions.

I hope to be able to continue on a distinguished path on the HiveWorkshop to be able to add some notable accolades and submitted resources to my profile and become one of the many shining beacons of this site's community.

Over and out, Damage.

19. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Beta keys! It seems that everyone I know has one, except myself of course. I'll try to keep it concise since you don't need a tonne of words to go into detail, and walls of text critting for over 9000 damage are annoying.

--

Contributions to the Modding Community:

Resources

• A few JASSed spells (now deleted) at various times.
    • Several maps, all discontinued, the most recent being World War One: ISH.
    • Various code snippets submitted to the JASS section, mostly outdated.
    • A still work-in-progress tool for placing a map's object data into that its script.

Community

• Maps/Spells/Code Moderator of wc3sear.ch and then The Hive Workshop for several years.
    • Development Director of The Hive Workshop for approximately one year.
    • Official Map Reviewer on Wc3 Campaigns for at least one year.
    • Administrator or Code Moderator of several smaller sites (mostly related to the Diplomacy Community) for several months to a year at a time.
    • Extremely active in map making and coding forums for four or more years, aiding people with mapping problems and participating in discussion about approaches to solving problems.
    • Directed and judged many coding-related contests on The Hive Workshop for several years.
    • Extremely active in The Hive Workshop community for several years and active in the Wc3 Campaigns community for roughly a year.

20. Slaydon

Slaydon

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Because im very amazed by SC2, ive planned to program it for long, and i really want to try it out, easy and simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.