• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Map Info

Requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne or Reforged

This map originally started in 2005

Wilderness Survival features a 5 versus 5 player base cooperative PvP style game using your skills necessary to survive in this winter-like wilderness. The map also features items that can be gathered & crafted including hunting wild animals & taking down the opposing team before your time (days) run out. If your health drops to 0 you die. If your Heat drops to 0 then you'll start to freeze to death. Keeping your heat up is vital to so you'll need to stay warm. If you die it's not over, your team can still revive you so not all hope is lost.

Free for all & exploration modes included in dialog at the start of the game with many other options to customize your survival experience.

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable.

• Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy123
  • BraveHeroo
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)
  • Devoltz (adds cheats)
  • Tohsak132 (adds cheats)
The map Wilderness Survival WSL is a complete rip-off of one of my previous projects known as Wilderness Survival 4.7e which was broken into. A clan called Wilderness Survival League (WSL) is a community who stole my project without permission, they're notorious for harassing & banning players.

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
bugs and glitches

i have problem when i save pretty normal when i load the game is character freeze i cannot do anything when i press esc it cant press resume game

Level 1
Map not found in warcraft III using Warcraft III version switcher it's not just your map but a few. Any solutions would love to play this map!

Level 12
notchwilliam said:
i have problem when i save pretty normal when i load the game is character freeze i cannot do anything when i press esc it cant press resume game

You cannot save in the Wilderness.

cbloon said:
how to make wife in singleplayer mode?

The latest update no longer has this system as it was removed.

sMeYeF said:
Map not found in warcraft III using Warcraft III version switcher it's not just your map but a few. Any solutions would love to play this map!

I dont use that program and I only update my map with the current version of the Warcraft 3 patch itself which is 1.26 anything before I'm unable to assist you. To start I would download the latest version which is uploaded here if you have done so and it still doesn't work then try shortening the text on the W3X map file to something like "Wilderness Survival CooP" and see if that works for you and if it doesn't then I cannot provide any further help for you.

Level 1
I'm getting confuse when I cut down a tree and see a stick or a branch I do not know which is which, because that circle is too large.
So, I'm gonna ask to you guys to change the value, to the default value, which is:

Art - Scaling value = 1.0
Art - Selection Circle - Height = 0.00
Art - Selection Scale = 1.00

So, a time ago I requested to you guys from staff, to change the value to make it larger, just to make it more easy to see and see how it would be. If this changes helped, don't change it if you (from staff) don't want, otherwise it is more convenient to change.
That's it. Since this is the official map forum, I had to ask you, from staff, to change it back.

I'll be waiting for it, to, for changing back, so I can share it with my friends and play it on garena like old-times

Level 12
I'm getting confuse when I cut down a tree and see a stick or a branch I do not know which is which, because that circle is too large.

I'm confused on the issue you're having because it's fairly easy to identify what is a stick and what is not. The stick has a particle effect and has it's own model as well. Please make sure you're playing the latest version.

Level 1
I'll go straight to the point, I'm not happy with the change that you guys have been made: I've been playing other maps so I wasn't playing the lastest maps versions, like 4.6. So I decided to dl it to see how it goes. It's not bad: a lot of good improvements. But the only thing that I still don't like in this maps is the selection circle (green when the unit is controlled by you) that show that unit is selected.

you know what...just forget what I've just said.
I just want to say that this is a game, so, this shouldn't be 100% like in real world, I mean, some things in the game should be easy to obtain, so it should be fast game and fun at the same time, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Level 12
I'll go straight to the point, I'm not happy with the change that you guys have been made

Just to fill you on some information there is only 1 person making the changes if you're unhappy about something then explain your reason and how it could be improved based upon your opinion.

But the only thing that I still don't like in this maps is the selection circle (green when the unit is controlled by you) that show that unit is selected. You know what...just forget what I've just said.

I can't really forget it if you leave in the comment but since you decided to keep it I'm going to talk about it anyways. The selection circle is once again fine you're the first & only person I've come across to having a problem with it. To also point out, the scale of the selection circle is already default.

I just want to say that this is a game, so, this shouldn't be 100% like in real world, I mean, some things in the game should be easy to obtain, so it should be fast game and fun at the same time, in my opinion.

Not quite sure where you were going with this.

Level 1
I apologize if this has been posted already, (or even if it was fixed) but there is a bug involving the Wall Stakes. They disappear if you click 'Pack up'.

Level 1
I have found the solution to people not being able to see this map in the game along with other maps from this site.
Solution is to rename the actual file from the original

Level 5
It's unfinished I announced that there was going to be problems, could you be more specific on why it's hard/difficult for you?
It's no longer that difficult on 4.7a, it was when there were bears near spawnpoint. My bad.:vw_death: It actually became a bit easier when i found out that bows/guns/other weapons no longer consume ammo when used and we weren't attacked by wolves at night, maybe because we camped near the spawn.

There's a bug though, some fishes spawned on land.

On an unrelated note, i got the death's scythe from a rabbit :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 6
Hey Take... what are your weather effects (the cool fog *-*)? ... someone already told me the fog details of your map ^^ and he said i should ask you for the fog and light effects ._. .

Level 1
where is the Midnight sword?

Id really appreciate it if someone told me where the midnight sword is in the 4.7 version. i cant seem to find it. Q_Q

Level 1
Saving Bug

The map seems to have a problem when I load my save file in single player mode. :vw_wtf: Upon loading the file and entering the game, something odd happens. The HP Bars disappear eventhough I ticked the always show health bar box. I can't move my character. Upon clicking on the menu, I can't either return to the game or save the file.
Does this has something to do with the cheats? I used some and it said cheat disabled even when I enable them. I used god mode so that the animals can't kill me or destroy my fire along with gold and lumber cheat so I can't die of hunger. Maybe I will have to play it all the way through without saving it. It is annoying since I've been playing for sometimes now.
And one suggestion is that I might prefer having invulnerable fire instead of the current one since I died after my fire was destroyed by a bear ( I think it was a bon fire). No one want to go around looking for sth to make fire in the night though. :goblin_good_job:

Level 12
The map seems to have a problem when I load my save file in single player mode.

It's not a bug and you cant save in the Wilderness.

I used some "cheats" and it said cheat disabled even when I enable them. I used god mode so that the animals can't kill me or destroy my fire along with gold and lumber cheat so I can't die of hunger. It is annoying since I've been playing for sometimes now.

It's annoying that I have to read this knowing you cheat.

No one want to go around looking for sth to make fire in the night though.

How do you know what anyone wants? No one wants a cheater. This is a Survival map if you have to cheat then this isn't for you, you're wasting my time.

One suggestion is that I might prefer having invulnerable fire instead of the current one since I died after my fire was destroyed by a bear ( I think it was a bon fire).

How about I make a suggestion for you, that would be to stop playing and find something else more suitable for you ok? Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Level 12
The tool doesnt seem to threat the light the fire makes a ''real'' light and make it cause bloom,but the injection of SMAA/FXAA its working,also if you want to know whats the ''tool'',its SweetFX.
I will try enb and post another image,thanks for the reply.

The screenshot you showed are effects that were done for Wilderness Survival, it has nothing to do with "SweetFX"
I understand that you're using a "tool" to improve the video quality (shaders) but this isn't a place to be having a discussion about it.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello. First of all i would like to say that i really LOVE this map (almost mini-game, rather than just map). But one thing makes me sad. I've searched, and searched, but could not find answear, and that is - what about saving games? Is it just in my case when i load game i cannot move my hero? When me and my buddy have load game, we got info that every character in game is dead. I see but cant move my hero.

So in short - what's up with saving, is it kind of bug, or rather element of a game?

(BTW. In network game saving once per game for every player is also pain in the ass for adult player like me. I got like 2 - 4 hours of playing at night with friends, when kids are sleeping. Don't know if it is in your power to do something with saving limits, but if you could, it wuould be great)

Cheers!

Level 12
So in short - what's up with saving, is it kind of bug, or rather element of a game?

You cannot save in the "Wilderness" because it's a survival map and saving allows infinite of possibilities to keep going, for example when you save right before your survivor is about to die oh well I'll just load it now, sorry to break it to you but that is not how survival works here. I understand if players have things to do away from the computer (Wilderness Survival) but using it as a "quick revive" is not acceptable for it.

Level 1
I think it's the best survival map I've seen so far. The only "bad" aspect I've noticed it's that the GUI is bit buggy sometimes, but it's not that important, imo.

Great work! :thumbs_up:

Level 1
If one person dies on a team is that game over? I was playing this with friends and there doesnt seem to be a revive option. When one person dies the game is over. Please anybody, help me understand.

Level 12
If one person dies on a team is that game over? I was playing this with friends and there doesnt seem to be a revive option. When one person dies the game is over. Please anybody, help me understand.

No it's not game over, you don't necessarily die you become "wounded" also you need someone from your team to (from your perspective) "revive" you. If you're playing solo or the last one and then "die" then yes it's game over. Igloo or Tent have the option to "revive dead" players which is only allowed during the day time

Level 1
guys you have serious bug in game we played in team we was three and when anyone died automaticly appered game over every time but good game and i hope you will fix that bug

delirium24