• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Map Info

Requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne or Reforged

This map originally started in 2005

Wilderness Survival features a 5 versus 5 player base cooperative PvP style game using your skills necessary to survive in this winter-like wilderness. The map also features items that can be gathered & crafted including hunting wild animals & taking down the opposing team before your time (days) run out. If your health drops to 0 you die. If your Heat drops to 0 then you'll start to freeze to death. Keeping your heat up is vital to so you'll need to stay warm. If you die it's not over, your team can still revive you so not all hope is lost.

Free for all & exploration modes included in dialog at the start of the game with many other options to customize your survival experience.

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable.

• Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy123
  • BraveHeroo
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)
  • Devoltz (adds cheats)
  • Tohsak132 (adds cheats)
The map Wilderness Survival WSL is a complete rip-off of one of my previous projects known as Wilderness Survival 4.7e which was broken into. A clan called Wilderness Survival League (WSL) is a community who stole my project without permission, they're notorious for harassing & banning players.

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
I got a request for you guys.
First , the hardest part in this map is right-clicking stuffs (dropping on fire, drying rack, etc) it just take a lot of time, and it is very annoying, right-clicking tree and water barrel is ok
So...can somebody edit size of items like Fire, Drying rack? to make it easy to drop log, stick, and branch to feed fire or dropping hide to make leather? Not the model size, I think the Selection Scale Option.

Last edited:
Level 12
I got a request for you guys.
First , the hardest part in this map is right-clicking stuffs (dropping on fire, drying rack, etc) it just take a lot of time, and it is very annoying, right-clicking tree and water barrel is ok
So...can somebody edit size of items like Fire, Drying rack? to make it easy to drop log, stick, and branch to feed fire or dropping hide to make leather? Not the model size, I think the Selection Scale Option. And if you guys make it right, i am sure more players will be playing this map. Anyone agree with me? OR just add a Zoom option?

I'll see what I can do I've had a "few" complaints about this, I personally don't have any problems with it because I'm so use to it, but like I've said I'll still see what I can do to fix it thanks for your input.

Level 3
Cool new update maybe in next update your going to add more animals like:
Frost Wolves, Frost Bears, Penguins that drop special recipesand with these you can make awesome weapons/clothes..Also you can add a lake somewhere for penguins :D
Good luck ^^

Level 2
Still dont know how ake "front & back HARD lather" in game " Lather + Vine + Lathert" but nothing heppend and i have all tools please check again

PS : sry my poor english

Level 12
Still dont know how ake "front & back HARD lather" in game " Lather + Vine + Lathert" but nothing heppend and i have all tools please check again

PS : sry my poor english

Leather Armor Front: Leather + Vine + Leather Working Kit

Leather Armor Back: Leather Armor Front + Leather + Vine + Leather Working Kit
and///or/// (Can go both ways)
Leather Armor Front: Leather Armor Back + Leather + Vine + Leather Working Kit

Hard Leather Armor: Leather Armor Front + Leather Armor Back

Level 2
kinda funny when war with other player Gun shot VS Explosive crosbow and the winer are gun shot WTF ! both same Equip

and about taming . we only can tame 1 bear ?

and when you add auto attack tower this game become more like Comed and Coard CCG hahahah

if you want you can get code tower from Jurasick park survivla

and how about gun shot . all gone after empty

Last edited:
Level 1
Please...

Can you make the game able to be continued after victorious? I have no friend to play it multiplayer, so i wish to enjoy it alone... please please please... make it able for unlimited time gameplay...

Level 12
Can you make the game able to be continued after victorious? I have no friend to play it multiplayer, so i wish to enjoy it alone... please please please... make it able for unlimited time gameplay...

The game isnt meant to be played single player thats why it says co-op, but you can activate single player mode by typing -disable win as I have mentioned this numerious of times already.

Level 2
@takezandgoez btw your tent Auto revive not working just inform you and please make gun or bow are permanen so we only need make reload :D

anyone kill bigfoot single player ( alone ) ? what you use it ?

Last edited:
Level 1
The game isnt meant to be played single player thats why it says co-op, but you can activate single player mode by typing -disable win as I have mentioned this numerious of times already.

Thank you, doesn't know it was discussed earlier.. by the way, how to survive wolves in earlier of the game? hehehe

Level 1
I just love this game..its just fun.

but for advance player it getting bored when weapon are completed..I have a suggestion that all type of weapon to mimic lumberjack kit or sewing which have hero icon top left(except it can be leveled) to have some cool passive to add due to our experience in holding it as our primary weapon..
for example to have all weapon have 50% miss at starting lvl and as we use it and gain exp..we can reduce that miss rate as we more expert to that weapon..may added the complexity but it will add a touch of realism..

Another thing is survivor doesnt sleep..lol :)

Level 12
I just love this game..its just fun.

but for advance player it getting bored when weapon are completed..I have a suggestion that all type of weapon to mimic lumberjack kit or sewing which have hero icon top left(except it can be leveled) to have some cool passive to add due to our experience in holding it as our primary weapon..
for example to have all weapon have 50% miss at starting lvl and as we use it and gain exp..we can reduce that miss rate as we more expert to that weapon..may added the complexity but it will add a touch of realism..

Another thing is survivor doesnt sleep..lol :)

Yes but would you rather be watching your survivor sleep or playing the game? Also adding a chance to miss and deal extra damage on hit was already tested before earlier in the project and if you want my opinion it would be the idea doesn't fit right and I want it always to be fair for all players. No levels of anykind will enter the game as it gives a player a upper advantage.

Level 1
True..:)

But there is a problem with hunting stand..I cant make it..tried everything with raw or cleaned bear pelt...branch/stick/log....is everyone experience the same?

Level 1
wow new update.!!

I really admire your work a lot, I mean really....it is not easy to do this with real life work ahead..and yet you do that for survival maniac around here :)

Gonna try new ghillie suits...:)

Level 1
Hi Jay.

What's the purpose of putting fire out with ice?
At first I thought that without fire, there won't be any wolves at night, but apparently, that's not true. It's kinda cool if it works this way though.
So what is it for?

Why can't I reload the arrow just like reloading shotgun or rifle?
Whenever I ran out of arrow, the bow (or crossbow) just disappear.
I thought that we'll still keep the bow, and by crafting arrows, we could use it again.

When I type "-disable help", it shows this "Single Player Mode Enabled".
But after a few second, the timer still shows up. To remove the timer, we need to type "-disable help" again. It's a slight bug I suppose?

The inventory can move far away from the survivor, and picking up item not nearing the survivor. Like when you're far away from your base, and you ran out of resources, you can just control your inventory to fetch it. I don't know if it's intended or not, but it sure is not logical enough to have a "flying inventory". I think it's better that user can not move the inventory, and the inventory always stick to the survivor. It's not just the inventory, the double headed axe also can move and pick up certain items.

Oh, and I think that it's better to make the survivor shortcut on F1 rather than inventory. Make the survivor more like a "hero" character. Put the survivor on F2.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just hope that this map will be even better and always get updated. I love playing in this map!

Last question, how to heal pet? Rabbit for example.

Level 2
im fan your map jay . :)

im agree with kyddos . in our country they know how to contril F1 and some badass ppl use that trick for Steal or Pick up ML , still "we" agree call that "ilegal Trick" but some ppl ignore that warning .

Level 12
Hi Jay.

What's the purpose of putting fire out with ice?
At first I thought that without fire, there won't be any wolves at night, but apparently, that's not true. It's kinda cool if it works this way though.
So what is it for?

I thought that we'll still keep the bow, and by crafting arrows, we could use it again.

When I type "-disable help", it shows this "Single Player Mode Enabled".
But after a few second, the timer still shows up. To remove the timer, we need to type "-disable help" again. It's a slight bug I suppose?

The inventory can move far away from the survivor, and picking up item not nearing the survivor. Like when you're far away from your base, and you ran out of resources, you can just control your inventory to fetch it. I don't know if it's intended or not, but it sure is not logical enough to have a "flying inventory". I think it's better that user can not move the inventory, and the inventory always stick to the survivor. It's not just the inventory, the double headed axe also can move and pick up certain items.

Oh, and I think that it's better to make the survivor shortcut on F1 rather than inventory. Make the survivor more like a "hero" character. Put the survivor on F2.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just hope that this map will be even better and always get updated. I love playing in this map!

Last question, how to heal pet? Rabbit for example.

Hello,

I'm going to be short and brief I'm slightly busy today I apologize,

Ice, is used to put out enemy fires and then run away very simple.

"-disable help" does not do anything the correct one is "-disable win" and yes you might have to do it a couple of times to activate your best bet is to wait 10 seconds then type it in.

I'm aware of the bow N arrow systems you will have to patient until I figure something out, I have tried multiple different systems nothing went smooth but I'm still brainstorming.

The backpack/kits inventory's has been a known problem/issue the only thing I can do is make it immovable which is probably what I'm going to have to do with it which will make it so it's not movable at all in anyway, everything else I have tried has caused the map to crash.

Making the Survivor F1 & adding Hot-keys is probably the most concerned question don't worry it's on the to do list but its not a top priority. You might ask well if it's the most asked question then why not fix that first, I could but it's one of those "things" that take awhile to do to make a smooth system.

Healing pets: Falcon's do not heal. Bears heal by picking up either mushrooms, raw and cooked meat. Rabbits heal by picking up mushrooms I don't recall if I did regular mushrooms or poison mushrooms I don't remember I could always add both later on.

Level 1

???...Rifle cant reload..it will break after 3 shot..

Level 1
Hello Jay.

Thanks for the explanation.
What I meant was "-disable win" btw.

After playing a few games, I've found 2 bugs.
The first one is if you put gillie suit into hunting stand, the gillie suit will disappear.

The other is if you put a dead survivor into an unfinished tent, the survivor will be disappeared and we wont be able to finish the tent.
It's like this: We got a dead survivor and a tent in survivor's inventory, we build a tent, and before the tent is finished (I know, it's stupid, but well, sometime a person can be a little bit too inpatient), we put the body into the tent. And then when the tent is supposed to be finished, it will just go into the crate form, and the body is (maybe) trapped inside the crate-formed tent.

The version I'm playing is 4.5.

Level 12
???...Rifle cant reload..it will break after 3 shot..

Technically you can't make a rifle in the wilderness like that, the weapon is extremely powerful and can only hold itself together for so long before it breaks, sounds pretty balanced to me.

The first one is if you put gillie suit into hunting stand, the gillie suit will disappear.

I'm a little confused, so if put the "item" in the hunting stand it just disappears or do you mean when the survivor gets in the hunting stand while having Ghillie Suit it disappears from inventory?

The other is if you put a dead survivor into an unfinished tent, the survivor will be disappeared and we wont be able to finish the tent.

This has been reported already but what I need to know is does this only happen with the body or all items?

Level 1
I'm a little confused, so if put the "item" in the hunting stand it just disappears? Not possible, or do you mean when the survivor gets in the hunting stand while having Ghillie Suit it disappears from inventory?
Oh, I meant the camouflage suit, not ghillie... Hehe
It's the item that you put into hunting stand. Tested it again to make sure, and it does disappear.

This has been reported already but what I need to know is does this only happen with the body or all items?
It happens to both body and items.

If you cancel the tent when it's not finish constructing yet, you'll get a pet house + a tent.
If the pet gather the non-poisonous mushrooms, it will automatically eat them, but it wont heal the rabbit.
If you try to feed fire's life by adding (any) wood from the double-sided axe, the wood will disappear, and the fire won't be fed.

I don't know if these below is intended or not, but they're pretty odds.
1. If you get into the hunting stand, wolves won't attack the hunting stand although you attack them. This makes wolves attack is not a threat at all.
2. You can carry a corpse with a rabbit.
3. Restore player's tool tip is a weird code.

Last edited: