1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Do you have good ideas for new contests? If so, please open new threads in the Contest Submission sub-forum to discuss them.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

Submitted by JaysProjex
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Contact Info

DISCORD

Map Info

Requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne or Reforged

This map originally started in 2005

Wilderness Survival features a 5 versus 5 player base cooperative PvP style game using your skills necessary to survive in this winter-like wilderness. The map also features items that can be gathered & crafted including hunting wild animals & taking down the opposing team before your time (days) run out. If your health drops to 0 you die. If your Heat drops to 0 then you'll start to freeze to death. Keeping your heat up is vital to so you'll need to stay warm. If you die it's not over, your team can still revive you so not all hope is lost.

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable.
  • Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)
The map Wilderness Survival WSL is a complete rip-off of one of my previous projects known as Wilderness Survival 4.7e which was broken into. A clan called Wilderness Survival League (WSL) is a community who stole my project without permission, they're notorious for harassing & banning players.

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. MaXelL

MaXelL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aww!! Thanks alot~!! i made it in the wrong way~ haha~ thats why i wonder why u said check in the chopping log x.x,

Ok,now next question :

i cant craft it to become max explosion crossbow ><,the normal max arrow crossbow i did it,but nope to the max explosion crossbow =(

thanks~!:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Attached Files:

• o.o.jpg
      o.o.jpg
      File size:
      90.7 KB
      Views:
    • o.oa.jpg
      o.oa.jpg
      File size:
      74.9 KB
      Views:
  2. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok I understand the issue here as well, this is were reading recipes closely is important you need to empty your explosive crossbow to make it have 0 charges before you can add the 10 explosive arrows, in order to do so fire the explosive crossbow {anywhere} so that the [1] charge no longer appears then hit craft and it will add the 10 charges, overall I will admit the bow system is extremely confusing for alot of people which is why it's being re-done in 4.0 it was never intended to be fully functional due to it still being beta I wanted to try a different approach but apparently I went in the wrong direction with it.

3. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh my god!
    I love this map like i love my mum!
    Thx for update :eek:

4. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've seen -disable win in previous version, why is it told an update till 4.0?

5. DaHEll

DaHEll

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bugs

Hey jay i founded some bugs that u may fix. First the shroud of concealment cant be crafted because there is a bug in the silencer. Moss sulfur and the horn wont make it. And in the version 3.9 there is a bug in the fire crossbow. When u make a fire crossbow and then u want use the quiver and the explosive arrows to refill it you need that explosive crossbow but when you fire with that the crossbow will return a normal crossbow and not a explosive crossbow empty. Is that a bug? sorry for my bad english ^^

6. MaXelL

MaXelL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeap~ still having the same problem back to the ver 3.9 the explosive crossbow~

Tried your ver 4.0,
    -the chopping log having bug for making quiver as it cant loot the vine the the raccoon leather in "F4" (which its the new function hided the chopping log like leatherworking and sewingkit etc~:thumbs_up:tumbs up for that,but the pack the chopping log is still there :vw_wtf: )

7. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    And, theres bug with Quiver:
    When i try to create a Quiver in Lumberjack Kit (i need Racoon pelt and Vine), i cant pick ingredients up to Lumberjack Kit. They just fall down...

8. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It shows that an extra feature was added to remove the countdown timer so you can play longer than 3 hours.

I don't understand why we are discussing issues in version 3.9 when I have updated it to 4.0?

I will look into the lumberjack kit it is a new feature, will add a fix to that soon.

9. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice :O
    Thank you

10. froug

froug

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, just wanna say love the map but in the new version(4.0) I can't craft the hunting stand, it crafts the drying rack instead.

11. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's a known problem but if I must insist then to create the hunting stand simply do not make any of the kits unless it's lumberjack kit then gather the materials and hit craft. I haven't bothered fixing it because the hunting stand itself is removed in next version and replaced as something else.

12. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, theres another bug with Barrel and Black Gunpowder:
    When you put 1-6 Gunpowder in the Barrel, you can detonate it (works only on trees). But if you Pack this Barrel, it will be detonated too, but all ingridients will be saved.
    <3

13. fishflakes19

fishflakes19

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wonder if this is a bug, or the wolf just eats it:

Whenever my Wolf (Adult) picks up an raw meat and cooked meat, It disappears.

Btw, Where can I find mammoth's and bears? Because I really need to complete my clothing set because I have no more inventory slot available.

14. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -Wolves are carnivores?

-Mammoths and bears can be found anywhere in the southern region of the map.

15. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea. Wolf east eat every time if he will pick it up. It doesnt depend on his HP

16. fishflakes19

fishflakes19

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a suggestions about the camera placement.
    I seem to have a problem with small things, please make the camera much more nearer to the character but not too near. I'm really addicted to this and this is my favorite map. Btw, What is in the middle of the map?? :O

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  17. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not sure what the issue is here and there isn't anything in the middle of the map other than solid ground.

18. PepeSeSmorio

PepeSeSmorio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey man, cool map. I would like to give some suggestions. I will write some things I noticed and think that can be improved. Recipes for guns don't include any metal (because there isn't any in the game, obviously :D). Also I find it to easy to get rifles and bullets, which is not such a big deal, especially when a pack of wolf come and rampage your camp. Tent doesn't keep you warm :( , and a couple of other things... I will stop here because I don't want you to think that I am some asshole telling you how bad is the map, quite the opposite. :D
    I would like to add a list of some suggestions (and you probably already plan to add some of these or not :D) so here it goes:
    - metals
    - rock for some buildings that require mining from a boulder
    - placing mountain in the middle of the map (providing place for metal and stone mining, and some dangerous creatures maybe); it also opens possibility for an quicker but more dangerous route to the enemy side)
    - a bit more logic in recipes, for example - brewery items should require more plants(if you decide to add some more)
    I have more ideas but first I'd like to hear if you are interested in hearing them. :)

19. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm always open for ideas so I'd be interesting in seeing what you have to say or "opinions" about it but moving forward, you suggested to add metals but also said to exclude metals? Huh? Shelters do not provide warmth regeneration even if it says so in the description I was never able to actually get a properly working system for it (yet) but soon perhaps. Mining, I've been asked about this sense the beginning I don't think it is necessary to really be adding this in my opinion it will just add more complexity to the game and I don't recommend it. Mountain, there is already a mountain in the middle of the map so I'm going to assume you mean add some sort of passageway like a shortcut but this is highly unlikely to happen do to balancing reasons. Brewery, well what kinda of plants were you thinking about, I usually like to add things that will have "multiple" uses for otherwise most people will avoid it. As for there to be more "logic" the recipes ummm I'm pretty sure I get them to be as creative and as close as I can get them to be and I get alot of positive feedback for just about everything.

20. PepeSeSmorio

PepeSeSmorio

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm for it that you add metal, but that you make it difficult to get. With it a players could craft better equipment. Better tools and weapons. Riffle/shotgun is very powerful, so it would be great if it needed metal to be crafted.
    For plants, maybe you could add a few that are rare to find but when you make a potion it gives some greater properties then others (for example: strong smell that keeps beasts away, increased agility, stronger body, nightvision, sense wildlife etc.)
    Some of those plants could be used in other purposes: making some kind of mixture that make fire emits more light or is making your pet harder to kill...
    For recipes, if you think you shouldn't change them, it's fine by me.:)
    For mountain, I would like if I could explore it a bit, find something useful there. Like this, it's just an 'obstacle'.
    You wrote that you are trying to avoid complexity, can I ask you why?