1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

Submitted by JaysProjex
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Contact Info

DISCORD
FB PAGE

Map Info

1-5 Players (Versus) 1-5 Players | Winter Scenario | Survive | Co-oP | Gather Materials | Crafting | Hunting | Fishing | Cooking | Farming | Environmental Effects | Wild Animals | Revival |

This game requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable, you've been warned.
  • Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for these reports I noticed that impaled skull wasn't listed in the recipes I must of switched it out and forgot to add it back as for the leather another mistake by me will get fixed thanks.

Yes your crossbow needs to have 0 charges + explosive arrow = Explosive Crossbow

2. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please remove your replays they're un-viewable because you're using a different Warcraft 3 version.

-Chopping log = Log will now just cut it into 2 branches
    -Pet Rabbit = It's still beta, function is turned off until its fully functional
    -Explosive xbow = Try a loaded crossbow and let me know also due note that it does not remove the 2nd bundle I'm aware of this and already fixed it.
    -Impaled skull = Branch + Animal Skull

Please send any new bugs you find to P/M's please & thanks, I will also place you credits for helping out.

3. ryouzai

ryouzai

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here i found out what had cause this happen during game.

When survivor die, pet bring corpse and put into tent (Night),
    Day just turn to Night (Cant revive yet), so i decide to put back to pet for moving around to explore other allies base, then game crash after i put survivor corpse into pet. (No replay due to crash & It just happen once , i never try 2nd time)

Hope you could fix it.

BTW, can we have hotkey for Hammer as Z for crafting menu and Q for crafting icon ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  4. Chillax

Chillax

Resources:
    Resources:
    Guys, is there a guide for this map? There are some other recipes I can't find. Like the knife for example (not the skinning). Please reply a link as to where I can read one. Thanks.

5. ryouzai

ryouzai

Resources:
    Resources:
    The actual guide is your own intention with interest into this map. All is on your own. Try to play more~n more~ n MORE~~Owned.^_^{"p

6. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Check weapon recipes for the daggers, that's the only other knife in the game. I might consider making a guide for everyone but it will have to wait until the holidays are over because quite frankly I'm busy right now.

7. Chillax

Chillax

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks. I watched Ryouzai's replays. I just needed the skinning knife in the leather-working kit.

8. ryouzai

ryouzai

Resources:
    Resources:
    WS 3.72 Fake Version Hosting in Garena Plus

As attached.

Saw a bunch of newbies playing 3.72 in Garena Plus.

They don't even know that is cheated map, and lie to people this version won't crash.

FYI~

Attached Files:

9. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    it can't be blamed, cheated versions are everywhere.
    regarding to Suit + Fur Helm (Can no longer hold both)
    I still managed to hold them both.
    ultimate suit + fur helm
    Bigfoot is too difficult to kill, you need at least 4 players and have each person tame a bear and fight with a wolf.
    I like the fact that wolves attack during the night, however shouldn't there be more animals attacking?
    I would want someone to tell me how to kill deer, thanks.

10. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tested it multiple times have you updated to 3.8?

Bigfoot is not suppose to be easy but he's still kill-able solo if done properly.

Check the weapon recipes there are multiple ways and if you need some examples then a Bow and Arrow or a Gun perhaps?

11. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah after making ultimate set I made another fur helm for once.
    is it that important that it doesn't stack?

kill-able solo? really?
    adult wolf and bear would die easily, and soloing is quite a suicide,
    I could only kill it with -kill but thats not the real way.

gun requires antler if im not wrong.
    arrows should work.

I have found a wood which has high amount of hp... don't know how i managed to get it.

12. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes it is important that it doesn't

This is not possible you must be playing a cheated map and reporting things off a cheated map has nothing to do with how the game will not work for you. It's obviously been tampered with and there isn't much I can do to resolve the issue. [Cheat added maps sadden me really]

I was only giving a few ideas on what you could kill a deer with because that was your question after all ,that being said kill a deer with a bow then use gun like-wise.

I don't know what you're asking here

13. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    What I meant was: yes i was playing a cheated map to kill it and see what happens.
    No matter what, I couldn't solo the Big foot the legit way.
    -------------------------------------------------
    I wish you could add AI for this map.
    And perhaps a save/load system and title system,
    to give you some bonus package after loading, or it would be too long a game, and boring.
    to give title on how many time you survived, and title awarding to 1 time survivor, 5 time survivor 10 time survivor and 100 time survivor.
    Title for 1 times completing the game, [Lucky]
    Title for 5 times completing the game, [Experienced]
    Title for 10 times completing the game,[Nature's Challenger]
    Title for 100 times, [Born to Survive]
    There should be a message to the dead, when they die, that they can be revived during the day with their corpse in the tent/igloo.
    Most people died and quitted instantly.

14. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Learn the map, playing a few times without reading descriptions/buffs/debuffs/abilitys the matter of this is nobody really reads any of this and come to me for questions when really most of it is there unless I forgot to add something but mostly everything is there you need to figure out how everything works in game but I can tell you it's possible and has been done many times.

As much as I'd like to in this case I really would like to be it's extremely time consuming and sense it's still at a beta stage as so it says on the loading screen, the map is still being modified for fixes & balances and things are still being added and changed for the time being so nothing is 100% certain.

Adding titles would be a nice feature but added bonuses will not, I think one of the reasons why I get alot of good feedback is the way I make everything equal to all players or at least I try my best to, I don't like adding counter's or making players stronger than others it just doesn't suit my style of gaming nor does it for mapping.

Hint 5: On start-up shows that you can revive in tent during the daytime

P.S: I could just write out a guide for everyone but what fun would that be without learning the ropes, the learning experience is the best part about this map in my opinion. Once you know how to play it becomes tedious and repetitive which is one of my top priority's of what I'm trying to come up with solutions for and to make the game more "fun" I guess you could say. In the older versions big foot was just a added bonus, now I added a pet and a mount [Dog-Sled]. I'm open for ideas but try to keep it in your best interest to involve around "realism" it doesn't have to 100% so I hope you understand where I'm coming from thank you for you comments always appreciated.

15. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow I just went to find games and wilderness survival 3.9 is already seen on the server. This game must be really famous now.

16. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I usually play on east or west with friends, but yea its usually hosted everyday.

17. MaXelL

MaXelL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi there,i would like to say that i really love this map alot~
    but when i play alone (with -disable win)
    when i trying some new stuff on it~ i spotted few things dint work well :

(1)how the explosive arrows can be made into a bundle? (5ea a stack) so i could made 2 bundle + quiver for max my explosive crossbow?
    (2)the explosive barrel~ i detonate it once but nothing happened? (i tried this once only)
    (3)the silencer combination of horns + sulfur + moss,but WAIT !! aren't moss + sulfur = gun powder?i cant make it when i tried to made the Shroud of Concealment.(already tried to make it together with all materials OR separately,just won't work)

Tumbs up for 3.9ver : love that windmill
    Tumbs down for the dried tree on the frozen river?(what sorcery is that o_O)

18. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Double check the recipe bundles need to made in the chopping log if I'm correct
    2. Ill look into it but seem to work last time I tested Ill get back to you on this.
    3. Silencer and shroud are disabled and have been ever sense the new release.

Windmill: I ve had a few complaints about it I thought it was a nice new feature Im still trying to figure out ways to increase the game pace to become somewhat faster I should say.

Dead trees were placed there because it creates line of sight, leaving the area open made it to easy for players to gather materials or to avoid animals. Its soon getting another change but for now I left it and after all its still beta.

19. MaXelL

MaXelL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Those r the method i tried to make explosion arrows in bundle @@ but its not working =(

Attached Files:

20. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok I understand the problem you're having ^_^ put the 5 explosive arrows in your (survivors) inventory then hit "craft" to make the explosive arrow bundle, it works differently than regular arrows sorry for the confusion!