1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

Submitted by JaysProjex
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Contact Info

DISCORD
FB PAGE

Map Info

1-5 Players (Versus) 1-5 Players | Winter Scenario | Survive | Co-oP | Gather Materials | Crafting | Hunting | Fishing | Cooking | Farming | Environmental Effects | Wild Animals | Revival |

This game requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable, you've been warned.
  • Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've been pretty occupied with updates lately, the forums show the full change log, I still have another update to role out before I get things started, it's coming along great though I'm excited.

2. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hey Jay I was testing your map and realized you used the FireBallHit icon made by me and forgot to put it into credits!

BTNANAFireBallHit

It's the "Heat" ability from the fireplace.

Edit: Also pressing CTRL + C ingame will unlock the camera, is that on purpose?

3. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My apologies, I went ahead & edited that in for ya, appreciate it & great icons by the way!

Unlocking the camera comes with Warcraft III it's not something that can really be helped.

Although if you're referring to the revival system I haven't completed the cam lock system yet. The revival is one of the most complicated systems because there's more to it than what meets the eye. The old system was buggy & forced players that were revived still locked & made it frustrating, as a result they didn't have a choice so they had to leave the game. (The new system is much more accurate & haven't had any issues so far)

There's still a debug command encase you do end up getting bugged but it requires player (Red) or (Orange) to activate the following command: "-reset" (without quotes)

Once activated any player can type "-reset" (without quotes) to reset their camera. If that doesn't work then player red can type "-reset flush" (without quotes) & forces all players cameras to reset.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  4. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is so awesome 5/5

5. KINGOFCHAOS

KINGOFCHAOS

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey man nice map really loves it but I really need to know the purposes of kits!!!! I made a TOOL kit and as it says storage I presumes it would store up my knife and axe but sadly..... that did not happen!! so I thought I stored pelts or hides but nothing I mean it stores nothing and is a complete waste to carry since my knife can skin pelts and provide bonus attack if the other kits serve no function or if this is a bug then please fix cause I love these kinds of maps and it ruins the experience.

PS:IF THERE IS ANOTHER USE F KITS THEN PLEASE DO TELL WHAT DO THEY DO ESPECIALLY THE TOOL KIT.

EDIT: FOUND A BUG WHERE UNSEEABLE FOG WN'T GO AWAY AFTER DAY 6 OR SOMETHING AND I HAD WAITED 3 DAYS FOR ITTO CLEAR BUT NTHING HAPPENED SO I QUIT GAME

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  6. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you have questions please use the contact information provided in the map description... I'm less active here.

Tool Kit is needed for making some recipes, it's not really a storage anymore it use to work differently.

It's not really a waste of space since you have 18 slots, you can just leave it in one of the other bags & it will still function. The latest video I posted on facebook shows this.

As far as I know there is no fog that makes the game unseeable, however there is fog during a snow storm that slightly makes it harder to see. Since the weather system is randomly generated it's possible to get it 3 times in a row but very unlikely.

7. KINGOFCHAOS

KINGOFCHAOS

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man thanks for the reply and many more for the extremely quick reply!!!
    sure I will look at it and thanks for the help.
    by the way you said "its not a storage anymore" can you elaborate please as to what it was intended for before if you want to only.

8. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There were a few different concepts, tool box is no longer needed as a storage simply because it already does that without needing to pack & unpack. I came up with a better idea which is what it is now & it works the way it's intended at the cost of 1 inventory slot. That's the whole reason why I introduced 18 slots, bags are used for storage now.

9. Lil Emo Prince

Lil Emo Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    This survival map is quite enjoyable! There are far less bugs on the 4.8 version, although I already expected that. i.e. the tool kit doesn't do what it's supposed to do unlike on the 4.8 version it just gets in the way of the inventory, once you loaded a saved game backpacks 2 & 3 becomes inaccessible, there are times you can't make a campfire on daylight etc. I'm still waiting for the next update to tweak these bugs. I hope it goes sooner! :)

10. Lil Emo Prince

Lil Emo Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't know that the tool kit thing was intentional.

11. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The game isn't built around using the save button, if it breaks the gameplay there's not much I could do about it... not a bug it's just not capable of properly saving it.

This is also not a bug, this is intended to happen because of the new weather effect system that was implemented in 4.9.

Weather System:
    Wind (Unable to craft fires)
    Rain (Unable to use explosives) + (Puts out fires & torches faster)
    Snowstorm (Slightly reduces visibility)

On my forums you will find change logs. If you ever have any other questions I would suggest you contact me on facebook otherwise you will get a delayed response here.

12. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Does this map use my Monster Hunter Agito 3D model?

13. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Next time send me a message there is no need to fill up a post for this, secondly anytime you make a survival map you're always snooping around here & you give no inspirational credits towards wilderness. I'm getting kind of sick of people coming in & taking concepts and trying to re-implement them into their maps without offering some kind of inspiration of where it came from to begin with.

I will add you to the credit list under models when I get a chance, you were probably missed due to models being tested of what was going to be used in the final version or not.

14. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Not here for drama. I was browsing through my resources usage via the hive's tool and I found your map for 4-5 of my models and some of my icons like the green book. I'm not enforcing credit, I was wondering if it actually uses my resources, because that would be cool to see a map using them, and I wasn't sure how well the tool works.

I tried playing the map to see if it does actually have my stuff in it but I couldn't figure out how to progress in single player and I gave up, though you do have a really nice concept from what I read. If I do find any features that inspire me from your works I'll be sure to mention in the top, but really, the only survival map I liked and played is Jungle trolls reborn (this is only my opinion it doesn't say anything about the actual maps) and I contacted the developers a couple years ago to get access to their protected map for inspiration.

I do wish we can handle things more professionally and maturely in this community in the future. Cheers and good luck on your map.

Edit: I've also never really made a survival map, But I have started some projects that never got past the terrain and a GUI triggers put it, and that was years ago, I don't understand where all this is coming from.

Edit: it was in 2013, I found the thread. [Defense / Survival] - Forest Trolls Dynasty

there is literary nothing pulled from your map, I didnt even know about your map at the time.

15. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We've spoken quite a few times in the past I'm not entirely sure why this is all new to you so suddenly.

This is a map discussion thread, please take anymore of these concerns to private messaging, thanks.

16. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Damn... People are still here...
    Heya still remember you fam!
    Thanks for the map!

17. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is a problem when I try to host it.

The error I receive is the following:

"The map file is too big. Please choose a different map."

What to do in that case?
    Thanks.

18. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The forums I link above has the change log

19. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I got the solution. I just needed to update my WC3 to a version 1.27+
    Thanks, man.

I LOVE YOUO

20. Cake is a Lie

Cake is a Lie

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't find the map in the game...maybe version problems?