1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

Submitted by JaysProjex
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Contact Info

DISCORD

Map Info

Requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne or Reforged

This map originally started in 2005

Wilderness Survival features a 5 versus 5 player base cooperative PvP style game using your skills necessary to survive in this winter-like wilderness. The map also features items that can be gathered & crafted including hunting wild animals & taking down the opposing team before your time (days) run out. If your health drops to 0 you die. If your Heat drops to 0 then you'll start to freeze to death. Keeping your heat up is vital to so you'll need to stay warm. If you die it's not over, your team can still revive you so not all hope is lost.

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable.
  • Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)
The map Wilderness Survival WSL is a complete rip-off of one of my previous projects known as Wilderness Survival 4.7e which was broken into. A clan called Wilderness Survival League (WSL) is a community who stole my project without permission, they're notorious for harassing & banning players.

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. RAY KALI

RAY KALI

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm a CN player.I love 4.7c version very much and it was translated to CN.
    4.7ver has a lot of bugs like put spear that has not been lighted into the bucket can get another spear.
    and put the trunk into the bucker can get the charcoal.....but it provides more material...
    Use Explosive crossbow and move immediately makes the damage=0
    I am sorry to tell you that only 50 person love to play this map and we build an exchange group IN CN
    we are all Technology idiot and poor in English...so ver 4.8 not has CN ver now...
    I know the map is locked,but would you mind give me the unlocked 4.7 c version so that
    I can create a shop in map and get equipment which made me practice the battle part(i'd apreciated that if you can help me add the shop and give me the locked map the shop can buy everything and placed int the born place)
    my email 2474199387@qq.com if not is OK.
    I wish this map get more popular in CN and get 4.8CN ver earlyer(one CN big-god love this map and do it)
    best wishes

2. RAY KALI

RAY KALI

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is the map

Attached Files:

3. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    @RAY KALI
    nobody will give you a full unprotected map for game-training purpose. It is more suspicious that you might steal the map and revamp into a full chinese version of the game, which the author does not want, hence why he protected his map. I'll translate in Chinese for you.
    他不会给你地图原件的,更何况你的用途是练习这就更不可能,因为这有盗图的风险,这也是为什么作者要保护地图

The post is translated so that the fellow can understand.. but his english seems pretty good in terms of understanding

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  4. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    map makers who protect their map may not be kind in this aspect. Since when they protect it, it hinders development and author chose to protects rights.

5. RAY KALI

RAY KALI

Resources:
    Resources:
    ...but if he is kind he can revise the map and send to me....what I want is pretty simple(i'd apreciated that if you can help me add the shop and give me the locked map the shop can buy everything and placed int the born place) if not is ok
    and ver 4.8 ver4.7 are very diffrent some maper may like to give the old unlocked ver
    like dota 6.61ver 6.59ver
    and thank you give me the CNver。。。。are you Cn?mdzz

6. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    keep your hopes low.
    This author is not supportive of playing older versions, or encouraging playing older versions, you would know if you actually read the posts before this.

And the chance of getting the author's map, is either you crack it and steal it, or keep playing 4.7 which is the translated version you have.
    I am chinese, I play English maps & korean maps.

7. RAY KALI

RAY KALI

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok all right I didn't expect too much....you know you compose the equipment about 1 hour
    and then was killed by another player the game is over...this why i want to add the shop and practive battle part
    OK expecting your 4.8CN ver thank you

8. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    in 4.7 you can team up together, use -exploration mode
    you don't have to battle

9. RAY KALI

RAY KALI

Resources:
    Resources:
    you did't catch the point. we like battle 5 vs 5, but you take one hour to compose the equipment
    then was killed and can't revival this mean you practive the battle part only one time.
    if you want to practice , you must wait for the next game and re-compose the equipment.
    it's a compromised idea that let the opponent revive you or let opponent don't kill you let you teammate
    revive you and you pick up the equipment and then PK again but it sounds not very realistic
    i want practice use Hunting stand crossbow and trap... many things.. practice battle part!
    i know compose the equipment is fun, but 1 hour really mean a lot to me if i only want to practice
    the battle part. so the shop can buy everything solve the porblem perfectly....

10. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah yeah, you wanna make surviving in the wilderness be like I can buy all my ingredients in the wild, and not make them myself because im rich. Rich life be like I don't work I just buy buy buy

11. RAY KALI

RAY KALI

Resources:
    Resources:
    no no no no make is one thing battle is another thing

12. RAY KALI

RAY KALI

Resources:
    Resources:
    like dota has a -test mode it made player get familar with the game it can provide money and refresh the cd

13. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    wilderness coop, is not balanced enough to do that. it is also, lacking equipment to do that. It is also, however, not necessary to do that.

14. RAY KALI

RAY KALI

Resources:
    Resources:
    that's your way ,but stand in the new-player's shoes(like me) i think it's necessarry.
    IN CN few people play this because it's too dificult to begin ,to cross the threshold.
    they entry the game and don't know where to begin then die and leave the game
    if the maper can provide more mode(provide light energy equipment ) like dota ,and help them play it
    I think they will finally love this map
    The more dificult , have more fun, provide more mode, get more familar

15. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
  16. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
  17. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Basically he wants a shop so that players don't need to reach end game by collecting items, I understand what you mean but I no longer support older versions of the map.

Nobody likes 4.8 I get it but it was also left unfinished so keep that in mind, on my spare time I work on it but players are so glued to 4.7 that it makes it difficult to discuss anything about 4.8.

People keep asking for a better fixed up version of 4.7 that's what they suggest, it doesn't help the development of 4.8 while I'm trying to move forward, there is alot of cool things about 4.8 that hasn't even been polished enough to really show what it's capable of.

4.7 is broken, I can't go back to it because it would require so many fixes & I'd be asking myself why didn't I just start over, which is what I did for 4.8 only I improvised it & consolidated alot of things.

You got familiar with the wrong versions, 4.7 was a forming of concepts, it wasn't suppose to be the final.

I can't work on something that I don't enjoy, 4.7 was not something I enjoyed.

I didn't translate it so it must have been tampered with, any maps that go through that process are considered non-official maps. It also hurts the community because I cannot base changes off of non-official versions of the map, that means whoever tampered with the map could have added whatever else they wanted like "cheat codes" and if it gets reported it causes confusion.

Not going to happen, sorry.

Final thoughts:

Anytime 4.8 is brought up before a update is even committed, people claim it to be bad & poorly done, they're calling it bad before it's updated or finished.

I want to move forward but nobody else wants to, I even had plans to make videos on how much better wildy has improved & even how to play it but nobody wants to move away from 4.7.

4.7 is not a good version, it's the most played because it was the last version that nearly had everything working (still buggy but working) it got so bad that players took advantage of all the bugs in the game & players left because experienced players took advantage of them, leaving no room for new players.

18. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    what was.. buggy?

19. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have no recollection of it as I've long most past it, I can't sit here & name off everything when days later someone asks the same questions again. My simple answer is (everything about 4.7 was bugged)
    It had alot of problems & it wasn't just a simple fix, I didn't like some of the concepts about 4.7 anyways, they were unrealistic & not very challenging at all.

20. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, this was just updated a few minutes ago. What's new? :)