1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

Submitted by JaysProjex
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Contact Info

DISCORD

Map Info

Requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne or Reforged

This map originally started in 2005

Wilderness Survival features a 5 versus 5 player base cooperative PvP style game using your skills necessary to survive in this winter-like wilderness. The map also features items that can be gathered & crafted including hunting wild animals & taking down the opposing team before your time (days) run out. If your health drops to 0 you die. If your Heat drops to 0 then you'll start to freeze to death. Keeping your heat up is vital to so you'll need to stay warm. If you die it's not over, your team can still revive you so not all hope is lost.

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable.
  • Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)
The map Wilderness Survival WSL is a complete rip-off of one of my previous projects known as Wilderness Survival 4.7e which was broken into. A clan called Wilderness Survival League (WSL) is a community who stole my project without permission, they're notorious for harassing & banning players.

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. sai05

sai05

Resources:
    Resources:
    im fan your map jay . :)

im agree with kyddos . in our country they know how to contril F1 and some badass ppl use that trick for Steal or Pick up ML , still "we" agree call that "ilegal Trick" but some ppl ignore that warning .

2. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello,

I'm going to be short and brief I'm slightly busy today I apologize,

Ice, is used to put out enemy fires and then run away very simple.

"-disable help" does not do anything the correct one is "-disable win" and yes you might have to do it a couple of times to activate your best bet is to wait 10 seconds then type it in.

I'm aware of the bow N arrow systems you will have to patient until I figure something out, I have tried multiple different systems nothing went smooth but I'm still brainstorming.

The backpack/kits inventory's has been a known problem/issue the only thing I can do is make it immovable which is probably what I'm going to have to do with it which will make it so it's not movable at all in anyway, everything else I have tried has caused the map to crash.

Making the Survivor F1 & adding Hot-keys is probably the most concerned question don't worry it's on the to do list but its not a top priority. You might ask well if it's the most asked question then why not fix that first, I could but it's one of those "things" that take awhile to do to make a smooth system.

Healing pets: Falcon's do not heal. Bears heal by picking up either mushrooms, raw and cooked meat. Rabbits heal by picking up mushrooms I don't recall if I did regular mushrooms or poison mushrooms I don't remember I could always add both later on.

3. GGbranch

GGbranch

Resources:
    Resources:
    ???...Rifle cant reload..it will break after 3 shot..

4. kyddos

kyddos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello Jay.

Thanks for the explanation.
    What I meant was "-disable win" btw.

After playing a few games, I've found 2 bugs.
    The first one is if you put gillie suit into hunting stand, the gillie suit will disappear.

The other is if you put a dead survivor into an unfinished tent, the survivor will be disappeared and we wont be able to finish the tent.
    It's like this: We got a dead survivor and a tent in survivor's inventory, we build a tent, and before the tent is finished (I know, it's stupid, but well, sometime a person can be a little bit too inpatient), we put the body into the tent. And then when the tent is supposed to be finished, it will just go into the crate form, and the body is (maybe) trapped inside the crate-formed tent.

The version I'm playing is 4.5.

5. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Technically you can't make a rifle in the wilderness like that, the weapon is extremely powerful and can only hold itself together for so long before it breaks, sounds pretty balanced to me.

I'm a little confused, so if put the "item" in the hunting stand it just disappears or do you mean when the survivor gets in the hunting stand while having Ghillie Suit it disappears from inventory?

This has been reported already but what I need to know is does this only happen with the body or all items?

6. kyddos

kyddos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, I meant the camouflage suit, not ghillie... Hehe
    It's the item that you put into hunting stand. Tested it again to make sure, and it does disappear.

It happens to both body and items.

If you cancel the tent when it's not finish constructing yet, you'll get a pet house + a tent.
    If the pet gather the non-poisonous mushrooms, it will automatically eat them, but it wont heal the rabbit.
    If you try to feed fire's life by adding (any) wood from the double-sided axe, the wood will disappear, and the fire won't be fed.

I don't know if these below is intended or not, but they're pretty odds.
    1. If you get into the hunting stand, wolves won't attack the hunting stand although you attack them. This makes wolves attack is not a threat at all.
    2. You can carry a corpse with a rabbit.
    3. Restore player's tool tip is a weird code.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  7. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -Oh old system I used, camouflage will make the buildings invisible at night as it does remove the item but I will have to change it so it doesn't remove the item anymore.

-Forgot to remove the pet house woops but I will fix the overall problem thanks for the "quick" response

-Confirmed that the mushroom (non-poison) does heal the rabbit, the "item gather" ability is broken do not use.

1. I will check it out
    2. Funny isn't it? I think it's ok for the time being but I can fix it later
    3. I will check it out

8. sai05

sai05

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wao .. so laggy this map somehow every time near or look fire / bon fire my FPS drop from 30 to 10 sometime 7

when you cooking meat or burn something always show ping blue in mini map both enemy or team please check it

9. RoguexRanger

RoguexRanger

Resources:
    Resources:
    It only shows a ping on the map when you use a bonfire.

10. Doomfan64

Doomfan64

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds like a fun map, kinda like Troll Tribes. Does it have AI?

11. sai05

sai05

Resources:
    Resources:
    map still eror .. we just start the game and suddenly game Draw and game end ( close ) i think in there still have bug

12. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    the game gets harder :|

Hello, Jay, i wanna ask some.
    The NPCs like Team Support have special trapdoors with lava inside.
    1) Is it possible to make these heat-trapdoors?
    2) What does Team Support do?
    3) What does the Moonlight Sword's skill do?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  13. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't quite understand as to your meaning of the game get's harder? Is that a question? or is that suppose to be some sort of positive or negative comment? Please specify.

1 - No it isn't but to answer your question it's more of a furnace next to the fur trader which is an NPC which will be available soon. A NPC in the wilderness really...? Well I think the game needs to have one, it's more of another wandering survivor who's just trying to survive in the cold and needs fur's. Just like you but he's unkillable. I added 1 to each side of the map so it will help with balance but for now the area is closed off because it's being worked on.
    2 - Team support: The tower that starts at each team start up location protects you for [x] seconds against wild animals then removes itself from the game. Just like the fire it keeps your "warmth" full until you decide to move but this as well only lasts [x] seconds as well.
    3 - Moonlight Sword ability doesn't do anything right now, as it's being put on hold for re-work.

14. sai05

sai05

Resources:
    Resources:

jay we still dont know and keep playing 4.4 bcuz when play your new map 4.5 there something wrong in "us" some how after game start suddenly "game draw" all get kill ( die ) with no reason

15. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You need to re-download the map this was just recently fixed.

16. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for answering, Jay.

I mean, the first, second and the third nights are difficult to survive because of the woolves. They do spawn every night, but they don't dissapear, so their amount is always increasing. Sometimes it's really annoying when they attack you...
    Also, if you play for the first time, you need to understand the game. Newbies will die everytime until they get some game-knowledge. So they might be dissapointed of dying, you know.
    Sometimes, you want to sit in your tent and do nothing or just relax in your mini-camp, but you can't, because you're gonna die of frost or wild animals. Some special mods is needed for that.
    For the end, it will be better if you delete timer on -disable win.

17. MR.Tricky

MR.Tricky

Resources:
    Resources:
    In v4.5, when you resurrect your character, there is till a dead hero on F1 and it keeps piling up till you can't click on your hero.
    The pet often wanders off and it does not follow your command. Oh and the hunting stand is practically useless, it attacks slow and weak.
    The warmth should really not decrease when in buildings or at least the watch stand. it's really annoying.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  18. Tyrande.PH

Tyrande.PH

Resources:
    Resources:
    A Great Map and Challenge tho im still weak at it :p

19. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Although I do agree that wolves can be really frustrating for a beginner but once you pick up on the game you will realize well it wasn't really that hard at all.

+Tip: Bonfire & Torches scare away wolves Note: Holding a torch is still broken but place it on the ground and you should be fine.

I'm pretty sure "I understand the game" dieing for this type of game is natural. I've added multiple displays to let the player know that they can be revived. If they leave then that's their choice.

I have said this numerous of times but sitting in shelters is still broken and your survivor unit will die if he's in there too long.

I've already tryed doing the easy mode... it was the most chosen mode while all the other modes be would be ignored giving experienced wildy players a huge upper advantage. You have to have that equal balance for both new players and experienced players I think I've done a pretty good job with that lately as I keep getting alot of positive feedback on it.

Single player has been requested by many people so that's there for a reason.

I'm aware of the issue I'm about to release a another hot-fix with some critical fixes.

Which pet are you talking about? I will give the hunting stand a small buff and well go from there.

I answered this above but I'm aware and it's not intended to be this way as I said it's broken.

20. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alrighty, thanks :)