1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wicked Rising - A new kind of survival

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by The_Silent, Jan 18, 2011.

1. frettory

frettory

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Since this is going to become a GAME, and not a WIII MOD, the following features will be awesome:

-Procedurally and consistently generated terrain, something like Minecraft's, because players will be pissed when there is a map boundary.

-Ability to throw props. This is a zombie survival game, after all.

-Ability to dig holes or mine walls. It will be a lot cooler.

-Body-part health system. Since when are hitpoints successful in a zombie game? You need to be able to lop off diseased limbs.

-Ability to climb roofs, for obvious reasons.

-Procedurally generated zombies. It will be very fun (and Fun, for those people playing Dwarf Fortress).

-Free movement of body parts. It would be damn cool as it allows almost unlimited combinations of attacks against zombies.

-Ability to craft ANYTHING, given the proper skill, materials, and tools. Now, why would it not be cool?

-Decay and stuff. Wow, building decay will be AWESOME.

-Body size and shape taken into factor. Mainly because it will be cool using size to evade zombies.

2. DrizztDoUrden

DrizztDoUrden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol, I hope Loosing will be Fun!
    Strike the earth! :D

3. Justicebringer

Justicebringer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Looks promising!Good luck with it! ;D

4. purparisien

purparisien

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Anyone know if someone can take the project back ? I really would like to see this map finished and I'm ready to continue the project if it is possible.

5. BandolXD

BandolXD

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like this map !
    When will you release any Beta?
    Nice !
    +Rep for nice Map !

:grin: I wish you finish this !

6. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It really sucks when people get lazy on Wc3... espeically mapmakers, great projects die due to people thinking a game is dead when its a lie.

I hope someone will continue this for Wc3 and not some random game I will never buy or play or see.

7. espatula

espatula

Resources:
    Resources:
    in gaming in general that happens, 70% of the games are canceled and 30% are released, due to several reasons including not enough funding or bad preparation
    wc3 actually has a better rate then the gaming industry :3
    we should be thankfull

8. NightSkyAurora

NightSkyAurora

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Why being afraid of the zombie apocalypse when we are already acting like zombies? :eek:

On topic:
    The sceenshots reminds me of Sims and gameplay is very unique. I look forward to this! :eek:

9. frettory

frettory

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i might continue with it (WC3 too).

I need help with JASS scripting (I can do quite a lot with GUI), though.

10. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would give you the assets if I still had them. What modern stuff I've created since then is mostly in the model section. You have my blessing if you think you can do it.

11. purparisien

purparisien

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great. I would be glad to see this map going somewhere. If you can show, even the unfinished version, I could do something to finish it.

12. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The map is gone. That is the reason i stopped the project.

13. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    aww this is quite sade, I think this looked great! Dont you have any back up left?

14. frettory

frettory

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm going to start the moment I find a warcraft III version with hashtables (I lost my copy)

also screw ralle

15. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    interesting

16. frettory

frettory

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Finally got another copy, time to start

so...guess I'll start working on these? Cityscape?

Nutrition: Your need to eat. If this gets low, your character will regain energy slower; lose more energy, and overall move slower. Depletion will result in starvation, which might end in death.

Hydration: Your need to drink water. Much the same effect of hunger, but depletes much faster. Depletion will result in dehydration, which might end in death. (An average person need minimum at least 1 L every day.)

Energy: Your short term energy, is influenced by many different factors. Low energy results in slow movement and slow reactions. Depletion results in unconsciousness.

Immunity: Your natural immunity system, if low, you’ll get sick easier. Depleted and you can die of from simple illnesses like cold or low fewer.

Hygine: Your body hygiene, if low you’re natural immunity and physiological health will weaken.

Toilet Need: Lets be honest, everybody needs to do this, no matter how ill thought of. If low, you’ll lose immunity and get certain diseases. If depleted you lose heavy amounts of energy and might… “yeah you know on” where you stand.

Physiological Health: Your mental strength, if low you might get mental sicknesses. If depleted you’ll panic or lose self control.

Physic Health: Your resistance to attack, affects your in game health, if low your lose energy and might get open wounds and fractured bones. If depleted you die.

first I guess