• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wicked Rising - A new kind of survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Nice project! I love the depth that most lack. However, I have a few suggestions.

1. If it is not implemented, survival or Technology should enable you to create a cart to store your items, to make up for lack of strength. However, the cart must be pushed, and, depending on the cart's quality, determined by level of skill used to create it, slows you down. Better quality = less penalty

2. If it is not implemented, vehicles should be able to be used as a barrier, strength depending on the vehicle's endurance

3. Probably make a helicopter, and fat zombies who can fly because of the immense gaseous material in their body, who can probably drop down after 60% of its body decayed and become a normal zombie.

4. Maybe with more stealth the player could skip over fences and some other things with skateboards.

5. Maybe water could have two states: clean and infected. Infected water could not be drank and swimming in it could result in infection. Are players allied? Will the politician hate the mental patient or something like that?

I wonder what happens when a player die. Will he become a super zombie or something, or will he just lose?

BTW the floating fans look quite stupid floating there. Same goes with all the other floating stuff.

Level 8
Frettory, posts: 1, no doubt you haven't even seen what's going on here, the poor person who made this is dead or injured, or moved to Sudan. There's no point even posting suggestions (Fat zombies that fly, really?) because this project is inactive.

I'm Sorry

I'm really sorry guys, that I didn't see this to the end and just left without saying anything. Something tragic did happen in my life, but it wasn't me dying. I feel like a reel asshole for leaving like I did. I know this is long ago, and some of you probably don't even use hive workshop anymore. But I hope all of you who committed to this see this. I sincerely apologize.

This is still my big dream, I still love zombies with all my heart and soul, and still want to do a game/mod about actual zombie survival. In the time since i last talked with you all I got to know some people who do real life programming (C++, C#), and have learned quite a bit from them, and is currently making a game instead of a mod. The game is in early alpha, but I'm quite busy currently due to exams... I'm not sure if I can finish this project, however If anyone wants to I think I can find it on my old hard drive somewhere.

Again, I am truly sorry I left the way I did without letting any of you know why.

Level 16
I feel like we need to finish our project before leaving hive,

I know exactly how you feel ;P

Its time for me to move on too since I am not interested in SC2,
And Warcraft seems to be dying,

Seeing you responded back..Coincidentally.

It brings back my spirit and dedication.

I felt something deep within, that i cannot comprehend, The feeling of letting my map Never released.

I wanted at least one of my game to happen, i wanted it to be released..

I really wanted to release a game, just for my satisfaction, even if nobody actually plays it.

Lets do this mate. ;P

I support you.

Level 16
You do realize that i've been checking this thrice a week for many months?

and no i'm not angry but this is very promising, you could leave your unfinished map so other equally talented people can still develop it if you can't finish or won't finish it.

it's like you have a gold in your chest that you don't want but don't want to give either.

oh, what is this game you're making anyway?

Level 27
Hey... Silent, as you may have figured I pretty much left the Hive... still, nice to see you have came her after such a long period of absence... anyways, last time we spoke/I posted on this thread was so long ago I don't even remember most of stuff, but, well, if you ever need me, you can always found me on Steam - my username (and even avatar) there are the same as here.

Level 4
Since this is going to become a GAME, and not a WIII MOD, the following features will be awesome:

-Procedurally and consistently generated terrain, something like Minecraft's, because players will be pissed when there is a map boundary.

-Ability to throw props. This is a zombie survival game, after all.

-Ability to dig holes or mine walls. It will be a lot cooler.

-Body-part health system. Since when are hitpoints successful in a zombie game? You need to be able to lop off diseased limbs.

-Ability to climb roofs, for obvious reasons.

-Procedurally generated zombies. It will be very fun (and Fun, for those people playing Dwarf Fortress).

-Free movement of body parts. It would be damn cool as it allows almost unlimited combinations of attacks against zombies.

-Ability to craft ANYTHING, given the proper skill, materials, and tools. Now, why would it not be cool?

-Decay and stuff. Wow, building decay will be AWESOME.

-Body size and shape taken into factor. Mainly because it will be cool using size to evade zombies.

Level 4
in gaming in general that happens, 70% of the games are canceled and 30% are released, due to several reasons including not enough funding or bad preparation
wc3 actually has a better rate then the gaming industry :3
we should be thankfull

Level 4
Finally got another copy, time to start

so...guess I'll start working on these? Cityscape?

Nutrition: Your need to eat. If this gets low, your character will regain energy slower; lose more energy, and overall move slower. Depletion will result in starvation, which might end in death.

Hydration: Your need to drink water. Much the same effect of hunger, but depletes much faster. Depletion will result in dehydration, which might end in death. (An average person need minimum at least 1 L every day.)

Energy: Your short term energy, is influenced by many different factors. Low energy results in slow movement and slow reactions. Depletion results in unconsciousness.

Immunity: Your natural immunity system, if low, you’ll get sick easier. Depleted and you can die of from simple illnesses like cold or low fewer.

Hygine: Your body hygiene, if low you’re natural immunity and physiological health will weaken.

Toilet Need: Lets be honest, everybody needs to do this, no matter how ill thought of. If low, you’ll lose immunity and get certain diseases. If depleted you lose heavy amounts of energy and might… “yeah you know on” where you stand.

Physiological Health: Your mental strength, if low you might get mental sicknesses. If depleted you’ll panic or lose self control.

Physic Health: Your resistance to attack, affects your in game health, if low your lose energy and might get open wounds and fractured bones. If depleted you die.

first I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.