• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WHYYY wont this stupid trigger work!!!! Please help for the love of crap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Went from this:

• Ability rain of chaos Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Pit Lord
      • (Life of (Triggering unit)) Less than or equal to 20000.00
    • Actions
      • Hero - Learn skill for (Triggering unit): Special Archimonde - Rain Of Chaos
      • Unit - Pause all units
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Special Archimonde - Rain Of Chaos (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set CameraLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to CameraLoc over 0.00 seconds
          • Camera - Rotate camera 360.00 degrees around CameraLoc for (Picked player) over 4.90 seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CameraLoc)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
      • Unit - Unpause all units
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

To this:

• Ability rain of chaos
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Pit Lord
      • (Life of (Triggering unit)) Less than or equal to 20000.00
    • Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Special Archimonde - Rain Of Chaos (Position of (Triggering unit))
Ive tried soooo many different things... But this trigger doesnt work... i dont understand! Its about to make me cry...

Level 10
Try to use "attacked unit" instead of "triggering unit", make sure your hero has mana to cast the ability, and "learn skill" means u have to give this skill to ur hero in the object editor. If you don't, you have to use "add ability to hero" function. If there is still trouble you can post ur map I would help you to check. ^^

Level 29
still it cant cast, it will still be PAUSED, Ive encountered this one before by one of my spells...

dont PAUSE IMMEDIATELY after the event or else it will not be UNPAUSED...

better use

• Wait 1.00 seconds
  • Unit - Pause all units
  • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)

Level 37
Use this and it will work:

• Custom script: call IssuePointOrderById( GetTriggerUnit() , 852237 , GetUnitX(GetTriggerUnit()) , GetUnitY(GetTriggerUnit()) )
You could do something like this:

• Untitled Trigger 007
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to xxx
      • (Life of (Triggering unit)) Less than 20000.00
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Hero - Learn skill for (Triggering unit): Rain of Chaos (Archimonde)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call IssuePointOrderById( GetTriggerUnit() , 852237 , GetUnitX(GetTriggerUnit()) , GetUnitY(GetTriggerUnit()) )
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Level 4
Replace triggering unit to attacked/attacking unit. Thats what u gotta do. Simple.

Ive done many triggers like that and they always worked

Level 8
AHAH! so even though he already had added the ability in the object editor, he wouldnt learn it. I did what maxor gan said and tried adding the ability to the hero, as well as adding a 1 second timer before i paused all the units (like what mckill2009 told me to do) and it worked? i am very confused why it wouldnt work before (i checked if he already had the ability and he did, so why do i have to add it again???). O well, thanks everyone, ive got tonnes of rep to go around for everyone who took the time to help me ^^ thanks

Level 33
But as far for my concern, (Triggering unit) serves faster efficiency rather than (Attacked unit)
It depends totally in the situation
But you can't refer the attacking unit to be the (Triggering unit), it is (Attacking unit)
Conclusion: It depends on the situation

Status
Not open for further replies.