• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why was Friky disq'ed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
.. and there we go with the story of a boy who cried "wolf"...
so.. now he's rejected as a person because of that? it sure sounded like that when TDB commented...
Actually, yes, this is exactly like the boy who cried wolf.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf is that if you abuse the trust that your peers give you, you're not going to get it back when you really do need it.
That was actually an extremely effective comparison...just not in Fr1ky's favor...talk about shooting yourself in the foot...
There are far worse abusers of our...forgiving...attitudes.
I must be fucking seeing things, because for a second there, I thought a guy, who can say with a straight face that he is a moderator, drag his inane against a certain user into a completely fucking unrelated discussion. Yeah, it's probably just me imagining stuff, because that would be fucking insane.
The Golden Rule will not find you so in forgiving eyes either, Captain Griffen. Don't forget that you are not exactly the paragon of high citizenry yourself!
^-Me trying very, very hard to forget what I just heard.
You don't drag a baseball player off the field in the middle of batting...just to say "HE DID STEROIDS! SORRY GOTTA PULL HIM OUT!"

Because you are liable to get hit in the face with the ball.
Of the ninety-two million comparisons and metaphors Elenai makes per post, this one has a good point. He almost finished his product and now he's DQ'd? The rational mind would just say "This is your last competition," but sure as hell not here. But then again, if I've stolen 3 times, I sure as hell wouldn't be expecting any sympathy anyways.

Level 27
Actually, yes, this is exactly like the boy who cried wolf.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf is that if you abuse the trust that your peers give you, you're not going to get it back when you really do need it.
That was actually an extremely effective comparison...just not in Fr1ky's favor...talk about shooting yourself in the foot...
There are two morals to that story. One is for the boy, and one is for the people that didn't believe him. He's crying wolf and you don't believe him? Just how the hell irresponsible do you have to be?

"What the hell happened here?"
"He cried wolf and we didn't believe him."

Level 14
Keep culling your boys and soon we'll be all out of sheep.

Keep culling your cheaters and you'll soon be out of cheaters.

Must I explain how time proves arguments of anti-change wrong of are people just going to get it if I mention time enough?

Only idiots cheat / lie about submissions if they know first offence will always leave them banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.