• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

why isn't anybody making new models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello..........hey you guys have fans you know!!! that same snail model has been up there for a month already..... :roll: oh and shout-outs to Olafman ur the best...your fans would like to see more models

lol im gonna get banned for this :lol:

Level 27
Rao Dao Zao said:
And aside from the server itself being broken, the upload scripts are still in a bit of a state.

Try www.wc3campaigns.net, we have everything you'll ever need.
Heh... I was planning on joining a while ago, but now I can't model or anything, and even though you can host maps, I can just host them on b-net...
Man, this hiatus from modeling is destroying me...
I've been planning things out in my head... UV's... Meshes... Animations...
Yaaargh... it's driving me insane...
I hope I can make it til I can next model... :(
If you see find my brainsn splattered everywhere, you'll now know why...
--donut3.5--

Level 23
Just join anyway, the banter's good.

Besides, you get me as the MDL editing moderator. So they must have a good taste in staff. 8)

In reply to Mechanical Man:

Yes, we focus on quality, and this is ultimately better. Why? Because 99% of the crap people uploaded here was utterly uselessly bad. For example, WoW ports. No self-respecting mapper would ever use them, because of the shameful style clash.

So quality is better. We can assure you that every resource in our bank is top quality and highly usable.

[/rant]

Level 27
Rao Dao Zao said:
Just join anyway, the banter's good.

Besides, you get me as the MDL editing moderator. So they must have a good taste in staff. 8)

In reply to Mechanical Man:

Yes, we focus on quality, and this is ultimately better. Why? Because 99% of the crap people uploaded here was utterly uselessly bad. For example, WoW ports. No self-respecting mapper would ever use them, because of the shameful style clash.

So quality is better. We can assure you that every resource in our bank is top quality and highly usable.

[/rant]
Sigh... I s'pose you'll see me registering in the near future then... Is there anyway I can upload my quality models there?
(BTW, what would be considered "quality models"?)
--donut3.5--

Level 8
No kidding There needs to be some standereds on some models i mean people sit there and take the sentriy model give her a sword put footman animations on it and call it like they made it. Why I think some modification to models are usful I think they should be in a seperate catigory.

But it is not the same. I like to see new models when I visit the site, hoping that they are good. It may sound weird, but I like the feeling when hoping for good models. And sometimes here models that not are very good, but are very useful at the moment.

Level 17
Rao Dao Zao said:
Yes, we focus on quality, and this is ultimately better.

Too bad the whole site is so elitist that only a small bunch of people will browse and use the resources.
asd.gif

Level 23
Hence why I'm on a subtle recruitment drive.

And you can still hope to see new models. The difference is, if you like the screenie you can be damn sure the model is fit to use; you won't say, "hmm, that looks nice, oh wait, it's a load of old cobblers. Damn, foiled again."

Status
Not open for further replies.