• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] [Solved] Why doesnt my trigger work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The trigger works like this:

Player 24.png

It also works when using any of the 24 players.

But it doesn't work when I use neutral hostile, neutral victim, neutral extra or neutral passive. Example:

Neutral extra.png

Please help me if you can, I really want to make it work with neutral extra or any of the other neutral teams.

Level 6
I'll elaborate more about my first post:

The trigger doesn't work because the units return to the position they were when they were trained, rather than going to a random point in Honor Hold region. This happens on the neutral teams, as I explained above, and doesn't happen with the 24 players. I think it might be an AI related issue, but I don't know how to fix it, don't even know anything about AI.

Level 20
I didn't understand you. Could you please elaborate more?
I believe he meant these actions:

• Actions
    • AI - Ignore <Your Unit>'s guard position <- AI - Ignore Unit Guard Position
    • AI - Ignore the guard positions of all <Player> units <- AI - Ignore All Unit Guard Position

Pick one that better matches your needs. I can't say if these work because I haven't been able to replicate the issue.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
The Ignore AI position is usually the fix for this issue. Are you 100% positive you're using it correctly? Also, use the Event Response (Triggering unit) instead of Leaving/Entering unit and try adding a small Wait (0.00 seconds) before you issue the order.

• Events:
  • Unit - A unit enters Playable map area
  • Conditions:
  • Owner = Neutral
  • Actions:
  • AI - Ignore AI Guard Position for Triggering Unit

Level 6
I tried this three but the results are the same; it works momentarily, then, after a couple of seconds, the units always return to the position they were when they were trained.

a.png

b.png

c.png

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Some possible fixes:
  • Change the training structure's Rally point.
  • Create the Neutral units for a non-Neutral player and then manually Change their Owner to Neutral.
  • Order the (Triggering unit) to cast an ability at the Random point instead. You can use a modified Channel ability for this.
  • Only Ignore the unit's guard position once. Maybe multiple times is causing problems.
  • In the Gameplay Constants, adjust the Creeps Camp Guard Distance.

Last edited:
Level 6
Some possible fixes:
  • Change the training structure's Rally point.
The units always return to a position near the building where they were trained.

• Create the Neutral units for a non-Neutral player and then manually Change their Owner to Neutral.

The triggers are already set up like that.

a.png

• Order the (Triggering unit) to cast an ability at the Random point instead. You can use a modified Channel ability for this.
The units return near the building without even casting it.

c.png

• Only Ignore the unit's guard position once. Maybe multiple times is causing problems.
ba.png

bb.png

• In the Gameplay Constants, adjust the Creeps Camp Guard Distance.
The units detect me in a different range, but everything is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.