• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Who wants To Be a Millionaire v1.04b

full

Join the MStylo World Editor Discord Server! (sQKaEVk).

If you find any bugs or have any suggestions, do not hesitate to contact me on [email protected].

If you enjoy my maps, consider supporting me on Patreon. Allows me to spend more time balancing and creating new maps.

Previews
Contents

Who wants To Be a Millionaire v1.04b (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
It's a nice map. The terrain could look nicer though. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N BB CODES BB Codes |...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I've seen such maps before having quiz in their title. What does this one have to offer more than those or any other question-answer map?
How many questions are there? Proper replayability should be a must for such a map.

Level 9
I don't know what this one has more to offer because I did not search for other quiz maps. What this is is warcraft 3 millionaire with having the feel from the show.
I can't really tell how many questions are there because many questions and answers shift around. If it didn't have replayability I wouldn't have mentioned in map description high replayability.

Level 12
I downloaded it but the map doesn't show up ingame. Is it patch related?
Yes is patch related, the map was made and saved with the latest version of World Editor on the latest reforged patch so the map won't show up on any other War3 version other than Reforged. (i tested to see if it works on any other war3 version and no, it doesn't.)

Level 12
Hey Stylo, i am glad you keep working and coming with new map ideas, i love your maps, and this one is a cool one as well, after i saw Wtii playing it (and getting owned :xxd:) i had to give it a shot as well, it only took me 2 tries and i managed to win and become a War3 millionaire! :grin:

I noticed there were a few questions that kept repeating, especially for question 5 and 10, they are always the same question it seems.

From what i noticed i think there are like maybe 30 ~ 40 total of different questions in the map so far?

I really like the idea of the map and most of the questions are pretty good!

I would love to see more different types of questions maybe i can give you some ideas, like for example:

- What would happen if a level 6 Demon Hunter fights a level 10 Keeper of the Grove in a confined space with no escape, no trees, and no items.
The heroes will use all their spells in the fight and will charge at eachother instantly.
A. DH dies B. Keeper dies C. Both of them die D. None of them die (Correct answer is B, because DH has metamorphosis and will win)

I know the D answer is kinda stupid but i had to put something there to be 4 answers :gg:
I think you can make this with multiple heroes, changing for example the DH with a Mountain King and the keeper with a Naga, again the possibilities are almost infinite, but the downside is that you gotta test some of them that aren't that obvious i guess which might take time.

It is more of a logical question tho, that will test the people's knowledge about how strong heroes ca be and how well they would do in a 1 vs 1 fight to the death.

More questions about the campaigns would also be cool as well, similar to the current one with the secret ghosts that show up at a certain time.

You can ask questions like:

- (very easy question) What was the name of Rexxar's companion and most trusted friend in the Founding of durotar campaign.
A. Ellie B. Koda C. Kuma D. Misha (Correct answer is D)

- (easy question) Who was the bonus hero in the Founding of durotar campaign from Act I that is not related to the main story and can be skipped by the player.
A. Samuro B. Chen C. Rokhan D. Nazgrel (Correct answer is B)

- (normal question) What was the name of the Ogre Warlord from The Stonemaul Clan that was slain by Rexxar in the Founding of durotar campaign Act II.
A. Kor'gall B. Cho'gall C. Gordok D. Tharg (Correct answer is A)

- (hard question) In the Founding of durotar campaign Act II there is a submap called Outland Arena, Rexxar and his friends can challenge the bosses in the arena for certain rewards that will boost the heroes, what are those rewards?
A. Bonus spells for each hero B. Unique type items C. Tomes of knowledge D. Tomes of str, agi and int (Correct answer is D)

- (Very hard question) In the Founding of durotar campaign Act II there is a submap called Outland Arena, Rexxar and his friends can challenge the bosses in the arena for certain rewards, after how many times of killing the bosses in the arena the main rewards stop dropping?
A. After 5 times B. After 7 times C. After 10 times D. After 20 times (Correct answer is C, after 10 times they only drop gold coins)

* Another suggestion i would like to make is about the score of the map, as in there should be a leaderboard for each player that plays the map that shows how many times he got to a certain level, how many times he lost and how many times he won the game, and if you win the game for like 3 times you can get a bonus unit instead of the peasant :peasant-blushing: or even better you can get a bonus skin for the peasant :peasant-cool:, the sky is the limit i guess, this is just an idea.

* Another idea would be something like this, What if for example you can have different hosts at random each time you play the game, one time you can have the normal host Illidan, and when he is the host he will give you more questions related to Night elves, draenei, naga and blood elves trivia and about their specific campaigns and When you have like Lich King :vw_death: as the host, you will get more questions related to Undead, humans, their specific campaigns trivia related stuff, what do you think.

These were a few examples i can think of, anyway, the map has great potential and i would love to see more type of questions being added in the future, i wish you the best with this project and future ones!

My rating for this map is an A

Level 9
@Blasterixx Hello and thanks for stopping by.

It is hard to tell how many questions there really are because majority of them have moving parts but there is way more questions than that.
There is a category of safespace questions that takes care question selection doesn't ever bug out. That's where tendency of repeat shows up the most. You have been unlucky to catch two of the same questions within two runs. Still being able to beat it on second try is quite impressive :nw:

I do refrain from "what if" questions for now but eventually it may come down to adding them. There is still plenty of campaign questions (among other) to be included, many of your suggestions being :thumbs_up:

I have no clue how to implement any sort of leaderboard that displays scores of players that played before you. If it was possible, test of faith would have had that 20 years ago :confused:2

The system it has is more less strong enough to carry the map. It just needs more questions but even then if I have a single question with same 4 answers, there always will be the possiblity oh having the exact same question within two runs.

Thank you for sharing your take on it and ideas.

Btw you are welcome to join my discord. 🙂

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
It's a nice map. The terrain could look nicer though.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/