• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Who can help me with import model files !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have a big problem! i recently learned how to download & import model files to the world editor.

I did everything the Tutorial said.
When it said change war3mapImported\BigScimitar.mdx to

Goblins\Blademaster\BigScimitar.mdx, i did so. Only,

When i went to the unit to change model file, it did nothing and said the path could not be found, so I had to change the model back to default. Then, In the Editor Import manager, I noticed that the .mdx at the end of the path had changed to .mdl. So i thought that must be the problem, and changed it back to .mdx.
But then, i looked at it in the import list, and it said .mdl again. And whenever i tried to change it back to .mdx, it would stay .mdl again, and it Never Worked !!!!! what is the cause of this!! what is the real problem?? who can help me?? whoever helps me, thatnks a lot!!

Level 13
That change from mdx to mdl is usual, don't care about it. Be sure that there's no typo in the paths of the skins. As far as I know the path of the mdx-file isn't that important (in contrast to what the tutorial says). If the skin paths are correct, I don't really know what could be the problem. Perhaps the model-file is corupted, but I don't think so.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
As Darkshadow said, you have to make sure ALL skins have the correct path, also, .mdl or .mdx is almost the same in few words.
And didn't you forget to close, and restart the editor, and then opening your map again?
Dont use the model before you close the editor, then open it again, and open the map where you have the model, cause i think it will not work if it is already being used.

Good Luck
-Rui

Status
Not open for further replies.