• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whitecloak

"The Legion will advance at a charge!" - Geofram Bornhald, First battle of Falme

Credit to Shadowflux for helping me slash the filesize down to 1/4th of its original!
Credit to Hayate for animating the cloak!

Changes
-Updated Skin
-Changed face mesh
-Changed sword mesh
-Animated cape
-Reduced leg clipping (can't get rid of it)
-Reduced Redness in face and hands
-Cloak Animated by Hayate
-Fixed reverse fade on decay animation
-Updated Mesh
-Updated Texture
-Updated Animations
-Added Portrait animations
-Updated Mesh
-Updated Texture
-Updated Attack animations
-Fixed Portrait Animation
-Fixed clipping
-Updated and stylized model

Keywords:
Whitecloak, White, Cloak, Wheel, Of, Time, Amadecia, Templar, Crusader, Sun, Dark, Friend, Souls
Contents

Whitecloak (Model)

Reviews
12:38, 22nd Aug 2015 MiniMage: Useful.
Level 12
Great model!

You can improve it, in my opinion, by fixing the clipping in some animations...

Stand - 1 : sword crossguard clips into his upper arm
Stand - Victory : cape clips into his tunic and his scarf
Attack - 1 & Attack - 2: cape clips into his tunic and the tunic clips into his leg
Walk : boots clip into his cape
Stand - Defend & Walk - Defend : tunic clips into his leg

I think his skin color is a bit odd as well. Looks like a native american crusader :S

Level 18
Ah yes, I am still experimenting with portraits. If the Myrddraal's portrait animations turn out to not have any problems for anybody, I'll be able to add portraits to my other models, so right now I am playing it safe.

Also I can't animate capes to save my life, that too.

actually ur work is really nice and match the warcraft 3 . if u can not animate the cape , just ask Tranquil http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/royal-captain-108101/?prev=search%3Droyal%2520guard%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D2
for this permisson . now it looks wired with a hard cape . same as the questioner . besides it's a good model .

Last edited:
As for the skin color, I do agree it is a bit red, but that is the only way I could portray a person who is: arrogant, flustered, filled with fervor, young, and zealous.

I think you could achieve this without making him look like something out of Star Trek... just give him a normal face with rosy cheeks

Level 65
i think the cape need at least two or three bones ~ now it still looks hard . sorry i have too many demands . :)

'Tis quite alright. Right now I am attempting to land a request on Hayate, perfectly opposite time-zones are a little strange to deal with.

Skin color - I shall tone down the red, but only once the animations are sorted out.

My knowledge is limited on the subject of "Poke" though some would say you are trying to get my attention.

O-o

:fp:Poke

I thiink that me poking people miight be getting contagious a bit :xxd:
but it's essentially being just that, so you maybe have a chuckle, and be more eager to tweak something :p

anyway, coolio model, but.. why is his skin and face in that red color? xD

Level 1
Nice model and perfect for Medieval Theme map or the Age Of Crusades
But i got one problem,why there is only shadow (Unit is invisible) and i can't select it?
Is it because the filepath of the blp isn't right or is there something i might be missing?