1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Which is better Wii Or Xbox

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by 00m9, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Sansui

Sansui

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    first off wow is not a huge complex game its one of the most simple mmos out there. it is also shite.
    wii can not handle anything complex its simply two game cubes ducktaped to each other. wii probably couldnt handle wow and wow is shite requirements.

no console fps comes close to a pc fps.
    do not mention halo it was a subpar fps.

2. AlotofGarbage

AlotofGarbage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Calling WoW shit? omfg if its so shit then how come LOTS of people play it? jesus christ on a pogo-stick....I supose Wii can play IT if it was designed for the Wii.

3. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They play it due to the social aspect of WoW. Me and sunny(sansui) have both played wow(not together), and the gameplay and the actual game isnt exactly too great at all TBH IMHO.

4. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    wrong, a wii could handle wow quite easily. the only thing that might let it down is the RAM-CPU bandwitdh which isnt great, and because wii doesnt have much ram it could affect it performance in intense graphics situations.

no one is saying a wii has as much graphical capability as the xbox 360 or the ps3, but it is a complete load of bullshit to say it cant handle "large complex games". of corse can it just does it with less graphics quality. the thing u dont get is that alot of games for the xbox 360 and ps3 will be ported to wii, it CAN play these games, it IS a graphically capable console. so shut up with that stupid statment because it IS WRONG and it is really really annoying!

u still dont belive me? here is a vid of call of duty 3 (a birlliant FPS thats not even on the pc) on each console, as you can see the wii gives a worse graphical performace, but it plays it none to less, just as it could potentially play all of the xbox 360 games and most of the ps3 games, just with considerably worse graphics.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=15368&type=wmv

a quick note on this, although the xbox 360 does look arguably better than the ps3 version, this because of rushed porting and developing times. the ps3 version actually lacks alot of the xbox 360 verions effects, such are the enhanced lighting and the sheen on the weapons. this can been seen throught so u should be able to see what i mean. dont hold it against the ps3, its not its fault.

they are your opinoins but i think there are many console fps games that are better than pc fps games. infact the only decent pc fps games i think are half life 1/2 and its mods, unreal tournament, quake, battlefield games are ok i guess and maybe soldier of fourtune? there arent as many as you think...but no question cs and css are the best two fps games ever for me.

you might be better off saying "i prefer a keyboard and mouse to a controller pad", if thats what you think anyways, thats what i think.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  5. Sansui

Sansui

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    GST graphics have nothing to do with it. The wii does not have the power to handle complex games. look it up its fact.
    hell wii can not run spore at all and never would be able too.

lots of people play wow because its blizzard its the only new graphically appealing mmo that came out at the time of the mmo boom.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  6. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well define complex...

because the way i see it, you are either being ignorant and thinking games are only as good as their graphics or you think that a good games requiers the cyrptic skills of a outerspace safe cracking FBI jelly fish to be complex enough for u.

7. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    oh btw i did look it up, all i could find was this saying that new computer games are too complex

http://videogames.weblogsinc.com/2004/05/26/are-new-games-too-complex

and this saying how hinduism is very complex, so it can be hard for a hindu to judge a computer game accroding to their beliefs

http://www.hindukids.org/hinduism_and_video_games.shtml

i also found this saying that dead or alive 4 is the most complex one yet

http://www.hollywoodvideo.com/games/game.aspx?id=10396

and this saying that dead or alive would be possible for the wii

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/02/26/wii-dead-or-alive-possible/

so all in all im still very confused, i have no idea what your talking about...

8. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lmfao. way to get the l33t links. Sansui, you're being so fucking vague, it's annoying. DEFINE COMPLEX. WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! And yeah, that's not WoW on the Wii, that's WoW on a Mac using a wii-mote (which is totally noob because anyone with hotkeys would own that moron). Halo was an amazing game, it had all the aspects of a good fps, it was easy to pick up, fun to play, and it had a good story line. My cousin works as an animator for Bungie [did the marines in halo 1-2] so my opinion might be a little biased. Truthfully Halo 2 was good, but I liked the first one better [as is often the case]. Personally, having tried many, MANY, MMO's myself, I think WoW is the best out there. It's addictive, it's warcraft. If it wasn't warcraft then I probably wouldn't play it, but it is so I do. But nothing else comes close, because nothing else can hold my attention (WoW hardly can, I play 1-2 hours a week) so if it can manage even that much it's a success IMO.

9. Sansui

Sansui

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  10. Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The fact this has turned into a flame war shows alot about [most] of you people, anyways, i don't see the problem with "underpowered preformance" if it has a good game, why not play it? "ZOMG NO GRAPHIKS DOOD I WANT MAH GRAPHIKS I CAN'T RUN L337 GAM3S", sure the wii isn't as "complex" but who the f cares if it can't run games that 40% of the time end up like **** anyways.

Edit: I think many people are willing to buy a Wii because it brings to the table what most developers never try, a unique system with some features that haven't ever been seen before, and Nintendo has always brought something great to the table with each system they have made (Gamecube excluded; good system, nothing unique). Also i don't see why there's all this flaming, it's mostly a matter of personal preference. (Gosh i hope i don't get flamed!) This thread should of been closed but continue the "discussion"

11. Mun'ki

Mun'ki

Resources:
    Resources:
    Huzzah! Someone with a bit of sense, it really is personal preference

12. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No shit? Why do you think I still enjoy my Wii despite all of the bad things said about it in this thread?

13. Sansui

Sansui

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    WII is a pos but its still fun as n64 is still fun and as snes is still fun once in a while.

14. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I thought I'd quote one of the comments on the link you gave Sansui.
    I completely agree. The Wii is a fun little console, for those who don't care about complexity, or graphics, or anything, as long as the game is fun. And that's what it comes down to, isn't it? Fun. If a game is fun, people will play it. Of course, it's always personal preference, as I have stated from the beginning. You can't force someone to like the Wii if they prefer the Xbox 360 because they want crazy graphics or physics.

15. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    the problem with what you said was the word "complex". no one will ever argue with you when you the wii cant handle some of the more graphic intensive games, not at the same quality as the xbox or ps3 anyways, but when you start talking about complexity...thats all down to how the designers creates the game. you could create the most, in depth, fun and complex game in the world on the gameboy if you had good enough designers.

16. Sansui

Sansui

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    GST_nem it cannot handle as complex games it does not have the cpu/gpu power.
    wii will never have great AI.

17. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well what does complex mean to u? ive only asked you like 15 times...

because the way i see it, itsa ll about games design. i think ff10 was one of the most complex games ive every played becuase you could completely customise everything and have such a strategic teams with certain aeons doing certain things, different weapons for different situations. you could actually have a team that could complete the game at lvl 40 if you thought about it. thats complex to me.

18. AlotofGarbage

AlotofGarbage

Resources:
    Resources:
    But.....who cares about its AI? Its still fun even with a crap AI, thats what matters, the fun ;).

19. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    also ai only matters in 2 situations, RTS and FPS. most other ai engines have already been perfected, like in sports games and RPGs ect. i suppose puzzle ai could always be improved but it is very linear.

20. Sansui

Sansui

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    FF10 was very not complex. I'm talking about shitloads of customization ff10 was minor very minor shite linear game play with crap ai. lvl 50 i beat i think yes 50 or 40 very easy game cant remember now will have to load my save game up and see yes yes.
    I'm sorry but when I think of next gen Wii is a pos, that should have been produced instead of the GC.

wii is great on its own but as next gen it is not its a pos.

AI makes games more challenging yes it doe.