• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which is better Wii Or Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

No shit? Why do you think I still enjoy my Wii despite all of the bad things said about it in this thread?

Level 36
I thought I'd quote one of the comments on the link you gave Sansui.
TheRockingDead said:
That's okay, because I know that PS3 and Xbox 360 can't handle most of Wii's games due to their lack of true motion sensing.

The very nature of the wii encourages innovative exclusives. I think I can live with getting new games instead of mediocre ports all the time.

MikeH said:
Yep, this is the Wiis greatest strength really, you can't just port uninspired games over. You have to be innovative and make a game just for the system. The very same reason for the DS success.

I completely agree. The Wii is a fun little console, for those who don't care about complexity, or graphics, or anything, as long as the game is fun. And that's what it comes down to, isn't it? Fun. If a game is fun, people will play it. Of course, it's always personal preference, as I have stated from the beginning. You can't force someone to like the Wii if they prefer the Xbox 360 because they want crazy graphics or physics.

Level 21
the problem with what you said was the word "complex". no one will ever argue with you when you the wii cant handle some of the more graphic intensive games, not at the same quality as the xbox or ps3 anyways, but when you start talking about complexity...thats all down to how the designers creates the game. you could create the most, in depth, fun and complex game in the world on the gameboy if you had good enough designers.

Level 21
well what does complex mean to u? ive only asked you like 15 times...

because the way i see it, itsa ll about games design. i think ff10 was one of the most complex games ive every played becuase you could completely customise everything and have such a strategic teams with certain aeons doing certain things, different weapons for different situations. you could actually have a team that could complete the game at lvl 40 if you thought about it. thats complex to me.

Level 18
FF10 was very not complex. I'm talking about shitloads of customization ff10 was minor very minor shite linear game play with crap ai. lvl 50 i beat i think yes 50 or 40 very easy game cant remember now will have to load my save game up and see yes yes.
I'm sorry but when I think of next gen Wii is a pos, that should have been produced instead of the GC.

wii is great on its own but as next gen it is not its a pos.

AI makes games more challenging yes it doe.

Level 21
...well i have told you what i think a complex game is, and ill tell you again, a complex game is a game which allows the player to be challenged, create situations where a person would have to think to solve certain problems but the game is still very detailed and playable. this is because i define the word complex as a thing comprised of complicated, detailed and related parts. this to me means that a complex game could have very simple graphics.

somepeople might think a complex game would be something like chess where the computer is able to simulate thousands of situations to beat the player.

somepeople would say a complex game is a game which has very good graphics.

of course i can comprehend a simple word, im not an idiot, im simply asking you what you think the wii can and cant do in terms of "complexity". so far it would seem that you appreciate AI and graphics above anything else.

the thing is, the wii only lacks the hardware to perform graphicaly intensive or proccesor consuming tasks, the actual content of the game is left up to the designers.

Status
Not open for further replies.