1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Which is better Wii Or Xbox

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by 00m9, Feb 18, 2007.

1. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Exactly. And Xbox 360 has more then Dead Rising (although that game is so wtfpwn) you've got stuff like Gears of War, Forza 2, Halo 2 even, plus a ton of games that will be coming out in the future like Fable 2, Halo 3 etc. The Xbox has always had a pretty steady line up of decent games. But in terms of power, the PC owns all, since the Xbox 360 is quite obsolete compared to it. But the PC isn't in this thread, it's a comparison of consoles.

PS3 is a waste of money if you're looking for a game console. If you want a blu-ray player, fine.

Xbox 360 is a decent game console if you're looking for a raw horsepower machine that delivers in such things like graphics, physics etc, as well as having some killer titles.

Wii is good if you want a fun system that has games for all ages for a very reasonable price.

It all comes down to preference.

2. AlotofGarbage

AlotofGarbage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok....I just found this random vid...Wii can play WoW with remote like omg!

I so want Wii now, I think it just outwtflolerpwned Xbox 360, and if any of you EVER buy a PS3 im gonna kill you.

3. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Let me see that video.

4. Burger_Bling

Burger_Bling

Resources:
    Resources:
    Woot another person joins the Wii Cult

5. AlotofGarbage

AlotofGarbage

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    oh yeh the pc/mac wii remote control hack has been known about for a long time, there is even a mod where you can play air guitar with it, but its not actually on the wii. ps3 is not good now, agreed, but condeming it forever is a bit too much. it has the potential to be amazing, even without dx10. when they are cheap and have a solid developers base it will be a fantastic console.

also, i see crysis is coming out on ps3, does this mean there is a dx9.c version of crysis aswell as dx10?

7. Burger_Bling

Burger_Bling

Resources:
    Resources:
    That seems sorta hard to believe that movie

8. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Iunno whether Crysis is even Dx10 anymore.... it might be both, and it might be dx9 but I know for sure it isn't 100% dx10 only...

9. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    no thats real, i have seen people playing half life 2 and loads of games with the wii remote. you can basically use it like a mouse in the air with two buttons and the little directional pad for movement.

also that good to hear about crysis because i cant affor to get a new 8800gtx when i just brought 2 7800gtx's!!

10. Eggy

Eggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I <3 my PS3

I hate my xbox 360, GG ruining 8 of my games. I dropped it off my porch with my buddy, haha. So much fun...

I threw my Wii oover my house to see if it would fly....it hit my car....i had to get my window fixed.

11. Sansui

Sansui

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    console fps games suck. fps should stick to pc. so xbox has no games again and fable bombed no way im buying into fable 2 after what they did the first time.

/me cant wait to play his ps3 on his 50 inch plasma tv.

12. AlotofGarbage

AlotofGarbage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ps3 ftl. Wii and Xbox 360 ftw.

13. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    are you really that stupid? three of the best fps games i know are goldeneye and timesplitters and halo.....

other good console fps games include:

gears of war
    call of duty 3
    red steel
    Doom
    rainbow six
    perfect dark
    red faction

although alot of these are also on pc they are amazing on the consoles aswell. console fps games can be just as good (sometimes better) than pc games.

also alotofgarbage you sig is very very long, usually longer then your actual post, does it really need to be that long?

14. AlotofGarbage

AlotofGarbage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dunno. Can it stay long though?

15. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well im not really bothered im just saying...

16. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well I just had a fun filled Wiikend with my friend, we played lots of Wario Ware, Wii sports, and some golden oldies for the Gamecube.

I regret nothing.

17. AlotofGarbage

AlotofGarbage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry to quote a post thats a page back but >.>. I dont believe this :eek: Wii(and remote!) can play WoW. Seems hard to play it with the remote though.

18. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    no the wii is not playing wow on that vid, the mac is, nintendo wii's cannot play wow as that game has not been released for it. he is just using the remote to control the character. however it would be possible for a wii to run wow, but parhaps it would lag a little if on highest graphic settings and alot was happening on screen.

19. AlotofGarbage

AlotofGarbage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its always lag and not lag on WoW. Doesent seem to make a difference to me.

20. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    no not lag in the traditional sense, what i mean is, the cpu would take greater time to process what is happening on the screen because it is not as fast. this would result in either a slower running game, or as with online games such as wow, the same effect as lag where large sections are skipped to make up for what it cant process.